This is SO frustrating! I have gone so far as to downgrade to version 4.6 on my BB. I uninstalled EVERYTHING on my laptop, including the desktop manager, device software, ran a registry clean, rebooted. I installed Desktop manager 5.01, then the OS 5.0.711 that's in the other forum. Rebooted. Connected BB and it wants to upgrade parts of 4.6.

Why is it not upgrading to the version I have installed?
    02-12-10 11:08 AM
    Maybe I've missed something, but I'm not aware there's a .711 version available for the bold 9k (even leaked). If there isn't, that would be why. If I'm correct, you should be able to use the official .464 released, delete vendor.xml and install.
    02-12-10 11:13 AM
    Have you ever had any prior versions of 5.0 installed on your computer? Mine won't even recognize any leaks if I've had them on the computer prior and they've been deleted. Also, try turning off your internet connection before install. Sounds crazy, but sometimes DM/App Loader won't recognize my leaked versions with the net connected. Additionally, you could try loading the OS with BBSAK or CrackMem rather than DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 12:10 PM
    im having the same problems. please help!
    i had 5.0 before but i broke my phone, went and got a new one and hoped it would update when i connected it but it didnt. ive deleted all software and desktop manager and re installed it and still only will upgrade the 4.6 that the phone came with.
    02-12-10 12:42 PM
    I had OS5.0.411 installed and working fine, then I tried to upgrade to 711 (checkout the first post in the Blackberry Bold 9000; There's a link to download it from RIM).

I've since wiped and installed version 4.6, but now I can't upgrade back to the official .411 release that I had before. I've done a complete restore but it won't restore the OS. I also have lost all my photos because it's not reading the 5.0 backup of the contents store in the restore process.

I want 5.0 back desperately!!!!!!!!!
    02-12-10 01:37 PM
    Version 5.0.411 is a legit, official release from Bell Canada.
    02-12-10 01:43 PM
    I uninstalled everything, installed the legit 5.0.411, removed my network connection and it says that there's no updates available and I'm still on 4.6 with no media files.
    02-12-10 01:59 PM
    I downloaded BBSAK and it's now installing! Thank you!
    02-12-10 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD