Basically on my way home from gym, I was checking my facebook and my screen just started showing distortion. So I battery pulled and it was fine for a little while but got progressively worse.

I thought maybe the cable was slack so I opened the phone and made sure that was there properly. However. I removed the LCD and noticed that behind the lcd seems to be dirty. I think that's the problem. Is there anyway to clean behind there?

I'm in the process of reinstalling the OS now, in case it's a software issue. This I doubt, yet I hope.

Edit.

With a 507 error, when apploader connects to the phone, the screen goes haywire. Seems any movement on the screen triggers it.

Edit

After loader finished loading the OS, while the phone was booting, the screen still showed distorted at the loading screen. It shows fine after loaded though. Will see how long this lasts.

Edit.. Not long at all... So.. Is there a way to clean behind the lcd?
    Last edited by ttsoldier; 02-12-10 at 07:12 AM.
    02-12-10 06:51 AM
    The LCD is not repairable but replaceable.

When you order you will need the number on the back of the LCD

You can get a replacement from many companies like cnn.cn, truesupplier.com, dealsishop.com
    02-12-10 07:32 AM
    That's the thing. This IS my replacement LCD. lol. I just got it. Sigh. Will try to contact the seller and see if i could get it replaced.

Would hate to have to buy another LCD.
    02-12-10 07:35 AM
    Omg.

So i decided to use some Lysol Disinfectant Spray behind the LCD. Seems like this worked. My screen is showing perfect now!

Will update.

Lysol!

Lysol was applied to to cloth first, then used to wipe. Not sprayed on the back of the LCD
    02-12-10 07:40 AM
    So I thought it was the LCD but it doesnt seem to be.

I had about two screws in. Turned on the phone. As I started to screw in more screws I noticed the screen was distorting more.

After all 5 screws ( yes.. 5. one hole got destoryed ) the screen was completely white.

As I started to back out the screws, it returned to normal.

With two screws in it shows normal but it still distorts sometimes. Does it have something to do with the pressure on the motherboard when the screws are being tightened?

Please advise.
    02-12-10 08:31 AM
    wow sounds like it..so the screws are possibly putting pressure in some areas of the screen causing it to mess up? did the screws come from the aftermarket lcd seller too? or oem screws?

maybe the replacement screen is off in size and is rubbing against the (oem?) screws so thats their fault. anyway, hope u figure it out. maybe just put back however may screws that will keep it attached while showing a good picture?
    02-13-10 01:15 AM
    I ordered my screen from here emicronsolutions.com,they located in the states.Cnn.cn was out of stock,so I had order from emicronsolutions and it took 2 days to receive it.
    02-13-10 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD