For some reason every so often it will disconnect, and I get incomplete blocks or some kind of connection error? Is this common?
    02-11-10 08:50 PM
    The whole app? On mine sometimes facebook disconnects but that's at night when facebook traffic is the heaviest. If the whole app is doing it try deleting and reinstalling it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 09:10 PM
    Ya i only use it for ICQ happens occasionally, I was just wondering if this is normal, would be nice if an alarm went off went it disconnected, its hard to see that little green dot
    02-11-10 09:11 PM
    you have to change your connection from TCP to BIS and it will stop getting disconnected....i also had the same problem.....but its solved now
    02-11-10 09:18 PM
    I take it thats iin the BEEJIVE options?
    02-11-10 09:24 PM
    right now i have it set like this

Transpot -BIS
    Connection - HTTP
    02-11-10 09:25 PM
    yes...thats how mine is now....did you just change it to BIS?
    02-11-10 09:29 PM
    When in beejive press menu preferences then autoconfig network, and what service provider are you on @chico

02-11-10 09:30 PM
    Im on Rogers Network, from Canada
    02-11-10 09:37 PM
    Hi guys, i got these problems:

(1) My yahoo profile picture doesn't show up. Any way to change and show profile pic?

(2) Battery hungry beejive. Juice down almost 30% less than 3 hrs without chatting.

Anyone experience these?
    02-22-10 08:22 PM
    Anybody having problems logging into Facebook chat

02-22-10 09:33 PM
    beejive sucks. waste of space, slow, slugish, cant customize it much. boo (n)
    02-22-10 10:51 PM
    beejive sucks. waste of space, slow, slugish, cant customize it much. boo (n)
    But... can you name a viable alternative? Anyway, seems to run fine here. Likely will purchase it in a week when my trial time runs out.
    02-23-10 12:20 AM
    I've been using Beejive since way back in the beta days and have to say that 2.0 was a real let down.

I'm not a big IM person and if it weren't for the fact that I got a free registration for being in the beta program I don't think that I would buy it.

If you just use one IM service then I would stick with the BB native applications.

Mikey P
    02-23-10 03:41 AM
    I'm pretty disappointed in Beejive also. Mucho problems, no answers on their forums. Plenty of complaints though. I guess they just don't have a clue. It shouldn't be so hard.

There does not seem to be any good multi IM client available. Nimbuzz is better than nothing. On Symbian it's a great client, on BlackBerry it's pretty limited.
    02-23-10 04:34 AM
    I've been using Beejive since way back in the beta days and have to say that 2.0 was a real let down.

I'm not a big IM person and if it weren't for the fact that I got a free registration for being in the beta program I don't think that I would buy it.

If you just use one IM service then I would stick with the BB native applications.
    Mikey P
    Most people buying Beejive or IM+ are getting it because of facebook & myspace chats.

I have had a lot more problems with the free Nimbuzz than I did with Beejive. It has actually treated me very well.
    02-23-10 09:30 AM
    you have to change your connection from TCP to BIS and it will stop getting disconnected....i also had the same problem.....but its solved now
    Mine is set as
    Transport: BIS
    Connection: SOCKET

What's the difference between setting it as HTTP vs. SOCKET???
    02-23-10 10:14 AM
    Most people buying Beejive or IM+ are getting it because of facebook & myspace chats.

I have had a lot more problems with the free Nimbuzz than I did with Beejive. It has actually treated me very well.
    I can't use any of the default BB IM apps, since I don't have a data plan (no BIS). Plus, Beejive is the closest I've found to Mac's Adium or PC's Trillian... it connects to Google chat, Yahoo, MSN, and AIM in one interface, which is really the feature I'm looking for in an IM app.
    02-23-10 10:29 AM
    My transport is set to TCP and I've had no problems. What does switching to BIS actually do?
    02-23-10 10:31 AM
    Both IM+ and Beejive seem to randomly disconnect me from Facebook chat. Neither one of them notify you that you've been disconnected, which is annoying because you can see your contacts and IM them- they just don't see you as online.
    I ended up buying both because of the push notification that IM+ offers which is meant to cut down on battery drain, but I really like the UI of Beejive.
    02-24-10 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD