Well i put my 9700 on craigslist yesterday and it sold the same evening. The 9700 is an AMAZING phone. No complaints! I discovered its just not what i need. I am more of a multimedia phone type of person. I dont use the blackberry for what its main purpose of business. I do alot of internet browsing on my cell. I ordered a Nexus One this morning. I will miss my berry but i am looking forward the the new phone also. I really have no complaints over the 9700, i cant complain about the browser on it because that is not what the phone was intended for. Enjoy your BB's! If your a business/email user their is no better phone than a berry.
    02-11-10 10:44 AM
    Hasta la Vista, enjoy your Nexus One I'm sure it'll own! I'm really liking my Bold 9700, it's my first BB and I know there are sexier things out there but I can see easily hanging onto this for the next couple years.
    02-11-10 10:46 AM
    I ordered a Nexus One this morning
    Since this phone is not available to be looked at in any store, may I assume that you ordered this without the benefit of actually ever seeing it in person? And if that is so, what was so compelling about this device that you'd buy one sight unseen.
    02-11-10 10:52 AM
    Since this phone is not available to be looked at in any store, may I assume that you ordered this without the benefit of actually ever seeing it in person? And if that is so, what was so compelling about this device that you'd buy one sight unseen.
    I have been doing alot of research on the phone, i ordered it directly through googles web site. Everything i have read talks about how incredibly fast the phone is and how crisp the screen is. I played with a droid and loved it, and this phone is faster than the droid and supposed to be better over all. So i just decided to go ahead and order it
    02-11-10 10:56 AM
    Enjoy your NexusOne.
    02-11-10 11:00 AM
    I have been doing alot of research on the phone, i ordered it directly through googles web site. Everything i have read talks about how incredibly fast the phone is and how crisp the screen is. I played with a droid and loved it, and this phone is faster than the droid and supposed to be better over all. So i just decided to go ahead and order it
    Please keep us posted on your findings after you get your new device. I love all things Google and am not completely happy with RIM's OS "innovations" for the 9700.
    02-11-10 11:02 AM
    Should have just waited a couple months and got the new 4th gen iphone. Ive heard the nexus one is slugglish...just like all android phones.
    02-11-10 11:27 AM
    enjoy your nexus one
    02-11-10 11:29 AM
    You'll be back.
    02-11-10 11:32 AM
    Please let us know how the NexusOne is.

I think it's cool but I need my BB for email/messaging and I'm not sure I'd really like the touchscreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 11:59 AM
    Well i put my 9700 on craigslist yesterday and it sold the same evening. The 9700 is an AMAZING phone. No complaints! I discovered its just not what i need. I am more of a multimedia phone type of person. I dont use the blackberry for what its main purpose of business. I do alot of internet browsing on my cell. I ordered a Nexus One this morning. I will miss my berry but i am looking forward the the new phone also. I really have no complaints over the 9700, i cant complain about the browser on it because that is not what the phone was intended for. Enjoy your BB's! If your a business/email user their is no better phone than a berry.
    How much R u selling ur 9700 for? Where on craiglist is it? LA/OC area in Cali?
    02-11-10 12:08 PM
    You'll be back.
    Be nice. RIM needs to watch their game. They are getting too fat and happy in their approach to business. Google is upping their game and RIM better watch out. Push email is not a "one-trick pony" that's going to keep them on top of the smart-phone sector.
    02-11-10 12:13 PM
    Be nice. RIM needs to watch their game. They are getting too fat and happy in their approach to business. Google is upping their game and RIM better watch out. Push email is not a "one-trick pony" that's going to keep them on top of the smart-phone sector.
    I never said i did not like the blackberry, but i will not be back.. My purpose for a phone is much different then what blackberrys purpose is. unlike people who leave the 9700 that come on here and bash it after they sell it, i have nothing bad to say about it. I just had to realize on my own after using it that it is not the device for me. I go to alot of internet forums, and check the news from my phone. I wanted a phone with a great browser experiance. I am not saying the berry is incapable but its just not what it was designed for. If they made the 9700 saying its an internet multimedia phone then my post would be different, but it was never designed to be a phone with a strong multimedia use. Oh and i already sold my 9700 so its not on craigslist anymore.
    02-11-10 12:23 PM
    I never said i did not like the blackberry, but i will not be back.. My purpose for a phone is much different then what blackberrys purpose is. unlike people who leave the 9700 that come on here and bash it after they sell it, i have nothing bad to say about it. I just had to realize on my own after using it that it is not the device for me. I go to alot of internet forums, and check the news from my phone. I wanted a phone with a great browser experiance. I am not saying the berry is incapable but its just not what it was designed for. If they made the 9700 saying its an internet multimedia phone then my post would be different, but it was never designed to be a phone with a strong multimedia use. Oh and i already sold my 9700 so its not on craigslist anymore.
    Did you consider the iphone? If so, why did you go with the N1 over it?
    02-11-10 12:27 PM
    Should have just waited a couple months and got the new 4th gen iphone. Ive heard the nexus one is slugglish...just like all android phones.
    All Android phones are sluggish? Do you have ANY idea of the nonsense you speak? The Droid is nowhere near sluggish!
    02-11-10 12:28 PM
    Well I ordered a Nexus One this morning. I will miss my berry but i am looking forward the the new phone also. I really have no complaints over the 9700, i cant complain about the browser on it because that is not what the phone was intended for. Enjoy your BB's! If your a business/email user their is no better phone than a berry.
    Enjoy your Nexus One, I have heard all kinds of good thing about it and the only negative is the signal bouncing between 2G and 3G that Google is actively working on.

I hope your experience with N1 is all good.
    02-11-10 12:43 PM
    A person with an iPhone is trendy. A person with a Blackberry is important.
    There is a lot of truth in this statement. Not knocking anyone for their choice of phones but I don't know a soul who doesn't use an iPhone because it is ... well ... gimmicky and I don't know a soul who needs real-time email commucation who doesn't use a BlackBerry. TODAY.

With all that said, Google's Gmail mobile app isn't all that bad as an email tool.

RIM needs to watch their game. The 9700 is a great device. But they are not listening to customers and they are getting rather arrogant. Their code for their 5.0 threaded sms is an embarrassment. The 5.0 OS is not anything special. RIM is not watching the competition and in not more than a few years could become another Palm if they don't watch out.
    02-11-10 12:47 PM
    There is a lot of truth in this statement. Not knocking anyone for their choice of phones but I don't know a soul who doesn't use an iPhone because it is ... well ... gimmicky and I don't know a soul who needs real-time email commucation who doesn't use a BlackBerry. TODAY.
    This statement is not even close to the truth! That's why I put it in my signature. I actually know way more people with BB's because they think that they are trendy, or that it makes them look important. It's actually a ridiculous statement!
    02-11-10 01:04 PM
    I choose this over the iphone because i have had an unlocked iphone before and wanted something different. Plus i am into a new contract with T-mobile and i have great coverage with them where i live, my friends on at&t hate their coverage. So i did not really feel like switching companys when i am really happy where i am at =)
    02-11-10 01:26 PM
    I own both N1 and a 9700 and I find myself using the N1 more and more. To the op you made a goid choce and you'll love your Nexus one, it's an amazing phone.

02-11-10 01:43 PM
    I couldn't agree more. The nice thing about the nexus one is that it has full google integration and push Gmail.

02-11-10 01:47 PM
    Good luck with that N1, looks like a nice phone. i have thought about switching over to an Android phone but i haven't found one that i really like the look of and honestly im not really a big fan of the os. My BB is used for mostly texting and email. Lately its been a BBM beast since now about 75% of my friends have switched over to BB's so it looks like i will be sticking to my 9700 for a while. I haven't had any huge problems that really made me want to switch from a BB ever since i had my original curve 8320. 8900 only gave me a couple problems when i started installing non official os' but that's not a big deal since you can just go back and reinstall another one. Other than my BB I still carry around my iPhone everywhere i go for music and apps. I'm a multi-gadget kind of guy since some do somethings better than others. And i really can't see myself using a touchscreen for texting and emails, i get easily frustrated lol.
    02-11-10 02:40 PM
    I am in the same boat as the OP. I ordered my Nexus this morning and it arrives tomorrow. I'm Craigslisting the 9700 as soon as it comes in. That phone just does it all and at unimaginably fast speeds. I love the 9700 for many reasons. Its a great phone but I'm a web browsing fool and after 5 years on/off with Blackberrys, I'm not waiting anymore for a proper browsing experience (even though Opera Mini does a better job, its nothing compared to Safari and Android's latest update). I hope to get use the keyboard and email adjustment but like I said, the browsing is just unacceptable after all these years. 9700 is the best Blackberry out there though for anyone looking. Does pretty much everything else right. I had some 3G issues with it but that's likely to be fixed with firmware updates from Tmobile.

02-11-10 04:15 PM
    I couldn't agree more. The nice thing about the nexus one is that it has full google integration and push Gmail.
    Cell phone nuts are impulsive. I think Google is miscalculating by not selling this phone in the stores.

I love my 9700 in many ways. But I'm not entirely satisfied with RIM's 5.0 OS.

I could see myself walking into a T-Mobile store and playing with the Nexus and walking out with one. I love Google as a company and love the things they do.

I'm watching this closely. I definitely could see myself with Google's new baby in the future. But you aren't going to get me as a customer unless you convince me by letting me play with it. Simple question ... how many people buy cars without test driving them?

Google needs to sell this baby in a retail environment where people can see and touch the device. If they did, they'd have a good shot at getting me as a customer.
    02-11-10 04:28 PM
    To bad the tmobile stores don't carry the Nexus. I live in the bay area and there is no place I can go even look at one.
    02-11-10 05:09 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD