No more nice keylock screen when u press top button and standby button on top doesn't work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 04:28 PM
    That's not good.

02-10-10 04:31 PM
    Just noticed that... I never ever use those 2 buttons
    02-10-10 04:32 PM
    I read about these buttons in another post & then again here. I was wondering what everyone was talking about until I just attempted to press them! I had no clue those were buttons!! I noticed the symbols up there but never thought anything of it! Learn something new everyday!

02-10-10 05:02 PM
    thats what hybrids are for. we'll have a fix for that by this weekend. dont let that stop you from upgrading.
    02-10-10 05:10 PM
    btw. the lock button still works. it just works and looks different.
    02-10-10 05:12 PM
    It sounds like the Storm 2 works. Power button (upper left) locks phone, Mute button (right) mutes it.
    02-10-10 05:14 PM
    No more nice keylock screen when u press top button and standby button on top doesn't work

That's a problem.
    02-10-10 05:18 PM
    Do you mean the keyboard lock button on top of the screen on the upper left corner? If so that sucks, since thats probably the most rpessed button on my phone (other than the trackball)
    02-10-10 05:20 PM
    I actually think its better because it imediately shuts off the backlight. And yea standby doesn't work anymore but who ever used that?!? It was pointless

02-10-10 05:29 PM
    Going to have to learn to press the Lock key after having used the standby key for so long. Looks to be a feature and not a bug. The none-Crackberry Tour owners I know never even knew you could use the mute key for standby.
    02-10-10 05:30 PM
    That shouldn't be a reason not to upgrade, I am going to install it just to see how it runs. I am currently running a hybrid, and cant wait for a hybrid to come out based on the new .484 OS
    02-10-10 05:37 PM
    i noticed that i can't edit the default folder icons anymore unless i add a new folder and then i can change the image of the folder icon. lame.
    02-10-10 05:59 PM
    my calendar entries on my .230 build which had "all day" are now being displayed as 24hours on the .484! so now instead of seeing the calendar date being bold, i see these fat bars! arg...

edit: i plugged into DM and looked at my latest backup vs the current files on my bb, seems as if the .230 build only had 'calendar all' where-as the .484 has 'calendar' AND 'calendar all'. So i cleared the 'calendar' on the .484 and replaced its 'calendar all' with my backup .230 calendar. what a pita.
    Last edited by yellowxboy; 02-10-10 at 06:14 PM.
    02-10-10 06:10 PM
    Does the wake up screen still lag?

02-10-10 06:20 PM
    btw. the lock button still works. it just works and looks different.
    my top left button does lock the keyboard and instantly turns off the screen, or I can still hold down the A key to lock the keyboard and turn off the screen. it's just the top right button that doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by dollface54; 02-10-10 at 06:28 PM.
    02-10-10 06:23 PM
    my top left button does lock the keyboard and instantly turns off the screen, or I can still hold down the A key to lock the keyboard and turn off the screen. it's just the top right button that doesn't do anything.
    So does lock still behave the same as it did before? What always bugged me about lock as opposed to standby was that when locked pressing any key on the keyboard would turn the screen back on briefly to say the phone was locked . With standby though only the 4 main buttons or either of the two top buttons would turn the screen on as pressing any of the keyboard keys did nothing.
    02-10-10 06:43 PM
    Can someone please check if there is Tabbed Browsing?
    02-10-10 06:45 PM
    Yes the top left button does work but don't u see that its not the nice lock screen anymore.. With the lock on the bottom right and the owner info on the top left ... Its all gone now.. Just get popup that screen is locked. UGLY

I guess the top right is just for mute, no more standby, which is ok being that when the phone is locked now the keyboard doesn't wake up phone like it used to before. That's why i Used to use standby, it would block the kb from turning on your device but now the key lock does that.

So much for the nice lock screens that some custom themes gave u

02-10-10 07:15 PM
    i thought this was a thread about bugs?

because i have none
    02-10-10 07:22 PM

because i have none
    Can you check to see if this version features Tabbed Browsing?
    02-10-10 07:25 PM

because i have none
    You've booted the device and don't get the Blackberry registration email each time?
    02-10-10 07:33 PM
    Am I the only person who religiously puts my BB in standby when I'm done with it? Standby dramatically improves battery life over just locking the keyboard. I have autostandby app but still out of habit put the phone in standby constantly. If I am no longer able to do this with this upgrade, I think I will stay with .419.

02-10-10 07:40 PM
    No tabbed b browsing

02-10-10 07:41 PM
    • Registration email every reboot.
    • New sms alert for one of my contacts every reboot.
    • Memory leak (less starting memory as well).
    • Lock button no longer applies the password security.
    • Browser seems slower.
    • Double email accounts.
    Last edited by sharinlea; 02-10-10 at 07:45 PM.
    02-10-10 07:42 PM
212 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD