I need a way to send full quality videos on my Blackberry Bold 9700 as E-mail attachments (approx 9 Megabytes each attachment, sometimes less).

Also, what is the best way to upload FULL quality videos to YouTube directly from my cell, without access to a computer?

Any help is appreciated. I've tried using Qik as well as YouCast, but YouCast requires the other person to also have the YouCast application installed (and be on a cell) and Qik doesn't yet have support for the Bold 9700.

Thanks!
    02-09-10 09:05 PM
    Anyone? Anybody know?
    02-09-10 10:43 PM
    I can't answer to the video to youtube question.

As far as the email size, you are limited by the RIM servers to approximately 3mb. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 10:46 PM
    There is a work around that removes the file size limit however it broke MMS when I tried it. I wound up wiping my device and doing a complete rebuild.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 10:49 PM
    At least tell me this, how can I send a full quality video to a Droid phone from my Blackberry Bold 9700? And 2nd, how can I upload a full quality video from my Bold 9700 to YouTube and Facebook?

Thanks!
    02-09-10 11:37 PM
    Both the carrier and RIM discourage this and limit the size to about 3mb.

You need to use your desktop and stop wasting OUR cellular bandwidth. There are others who would like to use this limited resource, too!
    02-10-10 06:58 AM
    Both the carrier and RIM discourage this and limit the size to about 3mb.

You need to use your desktop and stop wasting OUR cellular bandwidth. There are others who would like to use this limited resource, too!
    +1

(and 10 characters...)
    02-10-10 07:58 AM
    One 9 MB video per week isn't going to kill the network, and by the way, I plan on doing it via WiFi (where available), and even that isn't available without a workaround.
    02-10-10 09:35 AM
    As said previously, RIM limits the amount of data that can be sent through their servers to 3MB. That is definitely why you can't view large email attachments, and probably why you can't send them to youtube, etc, as well.

However, I feel the opposite of those above...by all means, USE AT&T's bandwidth. It doesn't make any difference to me!
    02-10-10 09:41 AM
    One 9 MB video per week isn't going to kill the network, and by the way, I plan on doing it via WiFi (where available), and even that isn't available without a workaround.
    So if our carrier and RIM give us ALL this ability to upload and download 9mb videos/files,then only this one person promises to use it and no one else
    02-10-10 11:54 AM
    I need a way to send full quality videos on my Blackberry Bold 9700 as E-mail attachments (approx 9 Megabytes each attachment, sometimes less).

Also, what is the best way to upload FULL quality videos to YouTube directly from my cell, without access to a computer?

Any help is appreciated. I've tried using Qik as well as YouCast, but YouCast requires the other person to also have the YouCast application installed (and be on a cell) and Qik doesn't yet have support for the Bold 9700.

Thanks!
    YouCast just released a new version 1.1RC at
    _http://m.youcast.net/blackberry.html_

In this new release, you can send your big media files to regular email addresses (not on blackberry). I tried 50MB, 100MB without any problem.

But this version is still have some bugs (in my device at least). When one failed sending file task will block other sending tasks. But it works great if you just send five or six files in one task. (Not sending them in five or six tasks in a row without the previous one has completed).
    If you could not wait for the final release, check it out and give a try

It has best performance if both parties connected with WiFi. Not even bother rim network a bit.
    Last edited by jjj1234; 02-10-10 at 10:10 PM.
    02-10-10 01:08 PM
    In this new release, you can send your big media files to regular email addresses (not on blackberry).
    Hey jj1234,

Why are people not able to open or save attachments that I sent through YouCast? For example, if I attach or send a file to a yahoo or Google E-mail, when they (or I) click the links in the browser on the computer using Gmail or Yahoo mail, they don't do anything. Can you help? Thanks.
    02-10-10 01:30 PM
    Hey jj1234,

Why are people not able to open or save attachments that I sent through YouCast? For example, if I attach or send a file to a yahoo or Google E-mail, when they (or I) click the links in the browser on the computer using Gmail or Yahoo mail, they don't do anything. Can you help? Thanks.
    Has the problem been solved? The recent 1.1.1 version also fixed concurrent tasks issue I saw in 1.1.0 .
    02-25-10 09:14 PM
    hey man
    i dont know about uploading them to youtube, but have you tried using dropbox? also cant you send them over pc for such things?
    on the other hand you could upload it anywhere, there even special sites for this (see Send large email attachments | EmailAttachment )
    hope this helps
    06-30-13 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD