I'm an active duty Air Force female. I'm getting ready to go to Seoul, Korea for a year. I think I'm going to die!!!! I cannot live without my blackberry!!!!! I sleep with it for goodness sake! It's my best friend, my confidant, my lover, my EVERYTHING! Please does anyone have any idea how i can stay connected without going broke?
    06-09-08 07:14 PM
    Well first, you will need a Bold as nothing but a 3G berry will work in Korea or Japan. If you can get a wifi connection you can likely save yourself on a lot of roaming and calling home (as long as you get a T-mobile phone so it is UMA capable). I would also then get a local sim for just being around where your base is. Just some thoughts since I am likely moving to Japan for a year starting late this summer and have contemplated the same thing. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 07:18 PM
    By the way, thank you for serving our country!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 07:19 PM
    I thank you as well, and wish you all the best!! Good luck, hopefully someone here will have some help for you!
    06-09-08 07:22 PM
    Oh wow... that sucks...Ya my sis is military Inteligence and shes out in Afghanistan so i know with verizon she pays an additional 69.99 for the world plan so her phone works anywhere but thats additional to her voice/data plan but with sprint im not sure...hopefully they have somthing similiar and affordable... By the way thank you for serving our wonderful country...
    Oh thank you so much!!!!
    Oh no, thank YOU!!!! It's not often that we hear a real thank you!!!! I appreciate that you appreciate what I do and what the rest of my brother's and sisters in arms do. We do it out of love...and it's a little fun too! )
    06-09-08 07:24 PM
    Thank you ALL!!!!
    06-09-08 07:28 PM
    I don't have any advice but, I want to thank-you for your service to our country.
    06-09-08 07:31 PM
    Well I really appreciate it! I don't leave until November so hopefully I've started this thread far enough in advance to be able to get the information that I'm looking for! I'm leaving a 7 year old and a three year old behind. Though there are several ways to keep in touch, my Blackberry is the only option that won't force me to stayed tied to my computer...plus I'll be able to carry numerous pics of my babies with me without having to fill my wallet to the brim! I love my Blackberry about as much as I love my kids....and that says A LOT!!!!
    06-09-08 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD