I have been with Sprint for years now in part because I get a nice discount because of the company I work for and they have great prices to begin with. I get great coverage in my area as well. But why cant sprint ever be on the cutting edge with their phones? I cant wait to try out the Tour 2 but even it I feel will be a let down. AT&T has the iphone and Bold 9700, VZW has the Storm 2, Droid, will have the Tour 2, T-Mobile has the Nexus, Bold 9700, and the my touch... I know Sprint has the Hero for itself but I just wish they could take it up a notch.. Not trying to whine just wondering if anyone else is feelin my pain.
    02-09-10 04:12 AM
    I went into a Sprint store this past weekend and asked the rep if they'll be getting the Syorm soon and she said no because Sprint thinks it's too buggy and will cause problems with returns and stuff at this point. I said even the Storm 2? And she said that problems have been reported for that one too. I tried it and it's not that much better than one, but it would still be nice to have a touchscreen Blackberry.

Then this guy came in and was telling me about how iPhone was coming to Sprint and all carriers ans she confirmed it. So I asked would it have the 30 dollar thing Verizon and AT&T tack on? And she said no, it would go off he Simply Everything plan.

Tak it for what it's worth, dude. I'm waiting for Skyfire at this point lol!!!

WCM
    02-09-10 05:24 AM
    The only thing i can think on this whole situation is that they are banking on the tour 2 and the i phone when they come out. yea im with sprint and yes the phone lineup sucks but i cant be the pricing for the plans.
    02-09-10 07:19 AM
    Sprints phone line up isn't great, but it's not horrible. I have always been able to find a phone that I could be happy with. If Sprint does really get the Iphone I will be all over that! I would keep my berry, but rock the Iphone as well.
    02-09-10 08:39 AM
    Agreed.. The iphone on any other network than AT&T will be so much better. Especially if it gets on Sprints Wimax in the future.
    02-09-10 09:36 AM
    looks like sprint may have some pretty sick android phones on the horizon. but i agree, phone lineup has traditionally been less than stellar. it's the price you pay for not having to pay a high price.
    02-09-10 10:32 AM
    why cant sprint ever be on the cutting edge with their phones? I cant wait to try out the Tour 2 but even it I feel will be a let down. AT&T has the iphone and Bold 9700, VZW has the Storm 2, Droid, will have the Tour 2, T-Mobile has the Nexus, Bold 9700, and the my touch....
    but honestly would good are those phones in both t-mobile and at&t's if there running on services nowhere compared to verizon or sprint? i rather have these phones running on a real 3g network then a half assed one
    02-09-10 11:03 AM
    I agree with the guy that said sprint phone line up is not great but not horrible.. I mean they could definitely beef up their Blackberry line up but they have the Hero and Moment for android, the Pre and Pixi for WebOs. but there blackberry line what do we have? the tour which is being replaced with the T2 the 8530 which has mixed opinions, the pearl and 8330 which are dinosaurs. The phones are there, we have android we have WebOs we have Blackberry, WE JUST NEED MORE OF IT!!!!
    02-09-10 11:24 AM
    I agree with the guy that said sprint phone line up is not great but not horrible.. I mean they could definitely beef up their Blackberry line up but they have the Hero and Moment for android, the Pre and Pixi for WebOs. but there blackberry line what do we have? the tour which is being replaced with the T2 the 8530 which has mixed opinions, the pearl and 8330 which are dinosaurs. The phones are there, we have android we have WebOs we have Blackberry, WE JUST NEED MORE OF IT!!!!
    Sprint is worse off in terms of WebOS phones compared to verizon though... For having an exclusivity period and a long term relationship with Palm, that's kind of pathetic.

Sprint users did all the beta testing, VZ users get the faster and more reliable hardware out of the gate.
    02-09-10 01:01 PM
    Yeah maybe they meant we get the schitty phones exclusively
    02-09-10 01:25 PM
    Yeah maybe they meant we get the schitty phones exclusively
    LMAO
    10 char
    02-09-10 01:32 PM
    If by worst you mean arguably the best blackberry, the best Palm has to offer and some of the best Winmo phones ... Yes. They have the worst phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 01:54 PM
    If by worst you mean arguably the best blackberry, the best Palm has to offer and some of the best Winmo phones ... Yes. They have the worst phones.

Huh? How does Sprint have the best blackberry? Also they have the worst webOs phones released and don't have the most or the latest WM phones compared to gsm by a long shot...
    02-09-10 04:35 PM
    The best berry out right now is the 9700

02-09-10 08:07 PM

this dude is clearly clueless.. or work for sprint... sorry man.. but ur dreaming...
    02-09-10 08:57 PM
    I agree with whoever said,"It's the price we pay, for not having to pay a High Price." I've been with sprint for years, and have alwasy been able to find a phone I like.
    02-09-10 09:08 PM
    this dude is clearly clueless.. or work for sprint... sorry man.. but ur dreaming...
    Best blackberry's not in my head.
    Other than that their line up isn't bad. They have the tp2
    They have both pre and pixie
    2 android phones.
    I don't think there doing that bad.

They suck for a blackberry user though untill the essex is released.

02-09-10 09:49 PM
    Well, when the Tour released, they were side-by-side with VZW, and shared the teething pains pretty much the same. WinMo phones? Whoopee. Android devices? Up and coming, but I'll pass on the devices I've seen. VZW can keep the Storm.

I think we'll be seeing some improvements soon enough. See, in shipboard damage control, we had a saying: Eff the flooding, fight the fire! Well, poor customer service was the fire, device lineup is just minor damage repair by comparison.

So for a time, they've pretty much knocked back the fire. They've patched and shored up much of the leakage. Dewatering is underway, and an even keel is being established.

Now, do you really think they were going to get a lot of devices while chaos reigned? Would you as a manufacturer, commit your best products to a company that might disapper in short order, leaving yourself holding a stock of equipment you'll have to change before they're usable? I think not.

So times, they are a'changin'. What I'm seeing is a heavily revamped company that may very well be worth the effort. Time will tell.

02-09-10 09:57 PM
    sprint is worse off in terms of webos phones compared to verizon though... For having an exclusivity period and a long term relationship with palm, that's kind of pathetic.

Sprint users did all the beta testing, vz users get the faster and more reliable hardware out of the gate.
    +1
    02-09-10 10:48 PM
    I just moved to Sprint from ATT and I had no issue with the phone selection. I tried an Android, and now I am trying a Curve 8530. iPhone would be nice, but I don't need a Storm, that's for sure.
    02-10-10 04:33 AM
    I'm not dreaming and not clueless. The 9630 is one of the top blackberries and sure the 9700 is the best but sprint CAN NOT carry that phone. It really isn't fair to criticize sprint for not carrying a phone that the manufacturer doesn't make for use on their network. This type of rationalizing is like saying the PS3 sucks because it can't play wii fit.

02-10-10 08:17 AM
    I'm not dreaming and not clueless. The 9630 is one of the top blackberries and sure the 9700 is the best but sprint CAN NOT carry that phone. It really isn't fair to criticize sprint for not carrying a phone that the manufacturer doesn't make for use on their network. This type of rationalizing is like saying the PS3 sucks because it can't play wii fit.

I really like the analogy.
    Like sprint can't use the same radio found in non CDMA phones.

Although it would be really nice...

The service is something I like though because I use sprints 3G or verizons 3G over roam. Which is fine.

I just hope the Essex is all its been hoped for...

02-10-10 09:28 AM
    Agreed and i dont knock them for not having the bold but i just wish they would have the best phone in at least one area instead of all these middle of the road phones and a few higher end ones. Like i said though, nothing wrong with the 9630, hero, or the winmo phones if you like yours, they just arent top of the food chain from their respective brands.
    02-10-10 09:33 AM
    The 9630 was admitted by Sprint to be "playing catch up", which in their own words was why Wifi and trackpad was not included, but should have been...

If that's the idea of having the best, then that also, is sad...
    02-10-10 12:41 PM
    Didn't sprint and Verizon release the tour on the same day? Weren't they the only cdma carriers to have it? Isn't it STILL the best cdma blackberry? I would say that having the best possible is the idea and concept behind the notion of having the best.

02-10-10 03:55 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD