Parts just arrived today...
    Changed it immediately because the paint of the white bezel from s***supplier is coming off.
    So this time I ordered PEARL WHITE. It is so much better than the regular ceramic white. The paint is similar to the pearl white bold 9000 they're selling in the market right now.
    Well .. here it is ... enjoy ....

Last edited by ah_jai; 02-08-10 at 10:09 PM.
    02-08-10 09:16 PM
    Nice! Looks good man. Yea, the paint on Truesuckplier frames falls right off if you look at it the wrong way. My red frame looks like crap already.

I have a green chrome electroplate kit inbound. I hope the quality on those is better (I hear it is).
    02-08-10 09:20 PM
    Parts just arrived today...
    Changed it immediately because the paint of the white bezel from s***supplier is coming off.
    So this time I ordered PEARL WHITE. It is so much better than the regular ceramic white. The paint is similar to the pearl white bold 9000 they're selling in the market right now.
    Well .. here it is ... enjoy ....

Hey man, loving those pics. Where did you get these from? Interested : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 09:30 PM
    Nice! Looks good man. Yea, the paint on Truesuckplier frames falls right off if you look at it the wrong way. My red frame looks like crap already.

I have a green chrome electroplate kit inbound. I hope the quality on those is better (I hear it is).
    Thanks!
    It took a month for the parts to arrive ...
    But yea, shxtsupplier quality is so crappy .. i only used the housing from them for 2 weeks, and the paint starts to chip away on the corners ...!!
    I can't wait to see ur green electroplate, I always wonder what electroplate bezel would look like instead of those photoshop pics on the site.
    02-08-10 09:33 PM
    Hey man, loving those pics. Where did you get these from? Interested : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks!
    I got them from SW-BOX.com.
    I got RAPED on the shipping though
    But the quality is definitely better than sh*tsupplier!
    02-08-10 09:34 PM
    Thanks!
    It took a month for the parts to arrive ...
    But yea, shxtsupplier quality is so crappy .. i only used the housing from them for 2 weeks, and the paint starts to chip away on the corners ...!!
    I can't wait to see ur green electroplate, I always wonder what electroplate bezel would look like instead of those photoshop pics on the site.
    hahaha Yea. I hope the actual product looks like the pics, but I doubt it, heh.

The shipping from anywhere in China is hit or miss. China Post is horribly slow. It takes an average of 3-4 weeks to get stuff from Truesuckplier. The one time I ordered from Sw-Box I used the cheapest shipping ($8US) and it took less than 2 weeks. Wierd.

My friend just went to install the white kit he got from Truesuckplier and there was paint overspray on the the speaker grill and the top cover didn't fit at all. It was slightly too short and had MASSIVE gaps when he installed it. Total crap.
    02-08-10 09:51 PM
    Looks *great*! I got my magenta bezel from sw-box and it's starting to show some wear and tear, but I am hard on my phone.

I think I might have to look into the pearl white, though. I love it.
    02-08-10 09:53 PM
    I'm eager to hear the long term quality too. How hard is it to change? I've heard people say don't even try it... I ripped my 8300 appart and put it back together with little difficulty.
    02-08-10 10:03 PM
    dude, those are some nice pictures composition-wise, but they are just tantalizing! more pics, more angles, at least a full view of both sides! i love how it looks, but of course the yellow lighting accentuates the pearl.
    02-08-10 10:07 PM
    hahaha Yea. I hope the actual product looks like the pics, but I doubt it, heh.

The shipping from anywhere in China is hit or miss. China Post is horribly slow. It takes an average of 3-4 weeks to get stuff from Truesuckplier. The one time I ordered from Sw-Box I used the cheapest shipping ($8US) and it took less than 2 weeks. Wierd.

My friend just went to install the white kit he got from Truesuckplier and there was paint overspray on the the speaker grill and the top cover didn't fit at all. It was slightly too short and had MASSIVE gaps when he installed it. Total crap.
    There was always issues w/ sh*tsupplier. Last time my frd purchased a 9000 bold bezel, it doesn't it even fit the phone
    02-08-10 10:13 PM
    I'm eager to hear the long term quality too. How hard is it to change? I've heard people say don't even try it... I ripped my 8300 appart and put it back together with little difficulty.
    Hmmm ... i know this may sound bs ... but as long as u knw what u are doing ... its easyy.
    But the ONLY part that bothers me is the soldering part because i'm not much of a craftsman.
    02-08-10 10:16 PM
    hows the white keyboard feel when typed ?
    02-08-10 10:18 PM
    dude, those are some nice pictures composition-wise, but they are just tantalizing! more pics, more angles, at least a full view of both sides! i love how it looks, but of course the yellow lighting accentuates the pearl.
    haha .. i like the teaser effect!
    okok .. i will take more pics when i have the time.
    02-08-10 10:18 PM
    Soldering??? Is there a good how to for this? I'm in college for Electrical Engineering Technition so I can solder but confused as to why you would have to.

When you say the shipping was rapage just how bad was it? Where do you live? I'm Canadian so I'm used to rediculas shipping charges. Those rubber cases look really tempting! And for that price I'd probably get one of each colour. I am very unhappy with the fit of my BB rubber cover. You would think coming right from the maker of the phone it would fit alot better!
    02-08-10 10:22 PM
    Soldering??? Is there a good how to for this? I'm in college for Electrical Engineering Technition so I can solder but confused as to why you would have to.

When you say the shipping was rapage just how bad was it? Where do you live? I'm Canadian so I'm used to rediculas shipping charges. Those rubber cases look really tempting! And for that price I'd probably get one of each colour. I am very unhappy with the fit of my BB rubber cover. You would think coming right from the maker of the phone it would fit alot better!
    It's not soldering. You just have to melt some small plastic tabs to attach the top cover to the bezel and a fine tipped soldering iron is the easiest way to do it. Shipping to Canada (i'm there too) is generally from about $8US for the slowest (usually 4 weeks) to $20+US for faster shipping. It depends on how much you are ordering also.
    02-08-10 10:37 PM

Yea, you have to solder the top cover on to the bezel.
    Our fellow crackberry member, GibMcFragger, created a post before on how to solder the top cover on the bezel. Unfortunately, I don't rmb the post link, so maybe you can msg him. He is an EXPERT at this, for sure he can help you

Well, I never really liked the skins or protective casing on ANY bb's because i think it ruins the overall look of the phone. And after period of use, the skins get out of shape and eventually, you would need to purchase another one. I had to pay like $24USD for ems shipping. But i realize, if i paid for the regular registered email which is $5.82USD, it wouldn't make a big difference since the parts took a month to arrive.
    02-08-10 10:42 PM
    hows the white keyboard feel when typed ?
    the keyboard is awesome!
    02-08-10 10:46 PM
    Yea, you have to solder the top cover on to the bezel.
    Our fellow crackberry member, GibMcFragger, created a post before on how to solder the top cover on the bezel. Unfortunately, I don't rmb the post link, so maybe you can msg him. He is an EXPERT at this, for sure he can help you
    No soldering, just melting of small tabs and a soldering iron is the easiest tool to do it.

Here's my thread.

Clickie clickie
    02-08-10 10:47 PM
    when ordering the parts for a full casing, can one use the CHROME frame instead while everything else is white?
    02-08-10 10:55 PM
    Great job modding it! It looks great.
    02-08-10 10:55 PM
    i dont think you have to solder anymore. if you look on truesupplier, the bezels and top covers now come attached.

To OP: when you did the swap did you actually remove all the peices like the foam pad and mesh from the original top cover to the new one like in the HOW TO thread?
    02-08-10 11:16 PM
    when ordering the parts for a full casing, can one use the CHROME frame instead while everything else is white?
    yea, you can check it out on the site.
    But i tried white w/ the original OEM silver bezel, it doesn't look good.
    02-08-10 11:20 PM
    i dont think you have to solder anymore. if you look on truesupplier, the bezels and top covers now come attached.

To OP: when you did the swap did you actually remove all the peices like the foam pad and mesh from the original top cover to the new one like in the HOW TO thread?
    yea, you have to remove the original pieces to the new top cover because it doesn't come with those parts.
    02-08-10 11:22 PM
    is it pretty easy to transfer all the pieces? any additional super-gluing or anything needed to be done to get the pieces to stay in place or do they stick by themselves?
    02-08-10 11:31 PM
    Wow looks great! Can you give me the direct link to your exact housing? I'm really interested in changing to this. Thanks!
    02-08-10 11:35 PM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD