Hey everyone

I wasn't sure if i should post this here or in the verizon thread so i posted in both lol, but I'm currently under my familys verizon plan and was looking to switch to AT&T for either the iPhone 3gs or the Bold 9700. The only thing is if I cancel and port my number over before my contract is up and pay the etf, will that affect the other numbers on the account or will their contract go on as is?

I just don't want the switch to either cancel their contracts or renew theirs for another 2 years, as they'll want to upgrade phones eventually.

Thanks for any help you guys can give
    02-08-10 08:29 PM
    Hey everyone

I wasn't sure if i should post this here or in the verizon thread so i posted in both lol,
    ... and then there was one.

I deleted the duplicate so all your replies can be in a single thread.
    02-08-10 08:39 PM
    Definitely have the account owner call vzw and find out and avoid any nasty surprises.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 09:16 PM
    If you are still in your 30 day trial with VZW take the Droid back to them and get out of the new contract then go to AT&T and get your new phone and port the number while you are there DO NOT CANCEL your VZW line AT&T will do that for you, also make sure your VZW line is not the primary line on the account or you might have to ask Verizon how to get that switched.
    02-08-10 10:56 PM
    thanks for the replies, sorry for the double thread post, my number is not the primary number and i'm out of my 30 days so if I do it I'm gonna get slammed with Verizon's raised ETF, but i'm just not a fan of this phone or android so far
    02-08-10 11:18 PM
    WOW, you are looking at $350 in ETF fees. Plus the cost of the iphone 3Gs $200

WOW
    02-10-10 10:50 AM
    see if AT&T will pay some of that when you switch over.. its not hard to try, also you can pay the 350 and sell your phone for more on ebay to make your money back.
    02-11-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD