This was announced on Motorola's facebook page earlier today:

Hi all-- we know you are frustrated with the lack of details regarding Android software upgrades and we sincerely apologize for not being able to share info sooner. We're happy to relay the 2.1 upgrade to DROID will start to roll out this week, and we will have more information to share on other device upgrades later ...this week as well. Thanks for your patience and continued support.

Source: Motorola | Facebook
    02-08-10 05:56 PM
    That will be no problem once the update drops. Not sure if the MT browser will be as good as the N1 2.1 though, I read something about it being a dumbed down version of the N1's browser. Also not sure if live wallpapers will make it in this update.
    02-08-10 06:18 PM
    It looks like a lot of stuff is being left out like live wallpapers and the app launcher.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 06:20 PM
    It looks like a lot of stuff is being left out like live wallpapers and the app launcher.

where did you hear this at?
    02-08-10 06:30 PM
    where did you hear this at?
    Engadget

02-08-10 06:38 PM
    While I would like live wallpaper, the only thing I could care about right now is a fix (for the lag) in the text boxes in the browser. If that's fixed then I'll uninstall Dolphin, start using the MT browser, and be a happy camper.
    I use the swype keyboard and I'm quite happy about the responsiveness of the browser. I have a rooted droid with the Sholes ROM with MT browser.
    02-08-10 06:40 PM
    not happening check the site, they ducked up big time!

02-10-10 04:54 PM
    Nice.... I know I'm pleased
    02-10-10 06:54 PM
    Where would we be without the great developers?

At this point they're the only ones making this "Google Experience" phone worth having.

Thanks Google.

Still... better than RIM updates though.

02-10-10 08:27 PM
    is this going to be good for the eris
    02-10-10 11:08 PM
    Doesn't look like you'll be getting the update this week. Seems someone at Moto jumped the gun.

Motorola Suffers From Premature Release | DroidTalk
    02-10-10 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD