I have only owned an 8100 and now an 8900, but it seems like Rim doesn't think when they do some things. I had to remove the battery to get to my sd card on the 8100. what? why would you make it crap like that? Then Rim came out with a fix for it soon after. I was so mad at them for that. I just paid for an outdated phone. I lived with that phone for awhile, but soon cursed it. Everything broke on it. I had to warranty it out 5 times in a year each for a different problem. The only good thing about that phone was the trackball. The 8900 I have now you have to take the whole phone apart and void your warranty just to replace the trackball. The part that breaks the most I now HAVE to have it sent in for?! Why did rim do this? Why? Do they think about these things? The 8100 you can replace the trackball yourself and without taking the whole phone apart. The 8900 is a huge step backwards in design.

Right now my wife is due to have a baby any day now and instead of having my 8900 with good quality pictures I have to go back to my 8100 which has blurry pictures when the camera works. I also cannot get my email to work on my 8100 so I will not be able to notify some family members of her being in labor. I will not get my 8900 warranty phone in time. Thanks Rim for making a crap phone that breaks easy and i can't fix it myself.

Now they have the 9700 which is a better design than the 8900 (so far).. wait, I have seen this before. Just like the 8100 it is outdated with a much better design soon after its released. So Rim has screwed people that bought the 8900 just like the people that bought the 8100. I am surprised they waited so long to come out with the storm2 since the storm was a huge buggy fail. Everyone should have gotten their money back for that one.

Another thing that bugs me is that Tmobile can't do in store warranty replacements... What? My phone broke now, its not going to be broken in 5-7 days. Its broken NOW. What am I supposed to do with a nokia flip phone with no features? I paid a lot of money for a blackberry because I actually use the features it has. Don't try to give me a junk phone as a temporary replacement. Tmobile has been around for years and still can't do in store warranty replacement? really stupid of them.

Am I the only one who thinks any of this?

*rant over*
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-08-10 at 05:24 PM. Reason: offensive terms removed
    02-08-10 05:19 PM
    .:sigh:.

Just get a different phone that meets whatever your standards are. And
    maybe some blood pressure medication.

If the quality bugs you this much it's completely on you for continuing to
    stay with it.
    02-08-10 05:27 PM
    02-08-10 05:33 PM
    I am looking to switch away from tmobile. Unfortunatly I have had way worse experiences with treo. Other smart phones have awesome hardware that wasn't designed like crap, but lack extremely in software. Rim is the best, but that is sad since they can't design a phone very well.

Not everybody has an endless supply of cash to just go get a new phone. If you do then give me some of it. For now I am stuck with the 8900.
    02-08-10 05:36 PM
    Digital camera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Really? I was looking for decent conversation about this, but I guess this site isn't the place for that.
    02-08-10 05:40 PM
    Actually, I think RIM is quite smart. They keep making the same phone and BB fanboys eat them up. The math is simple: Same phone + new cover/color = BIG $
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 02-08-10 at 06:16 PM.
    02-08-10 05:44 PM
    Your Problem with your Rant is you NEVER once purchased the top of the line offering from RIM,

If you had bucked up and purchased a 9000 right from the start you would not have had the complaints you currently are having

the 8100, entry level consumer phone
    the 8900, Mid Range consumer phone ( update for the 8300)

Now I do agree I hate the fact that the 8900 and the 9630 require the phone to be taken apart to fix the trackball, when my 8330 I can just replace it on the fly,

The 9700, top notch phone, if I could get better network coverage I'd be all over it, you don't like the fact that just around the corner there is an updated better phone, I love that fact, there is always something new on the horizon,
    if they waited a year or 2 to update phones, other companys would win mid season market share, and I wouldn't have something to drool over, and wish I had, then I wouldn't have something to be thankful I skipped over, like the 8900.
    02-08-10 05:48 PM
    Ummm here's something smart. Get a real camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 06:03 PM
    Really? I was looking for decent conversation about this, but I guess this site isn't the place for that.
    You got that right.
    02-08-10 06:14 PM
    The problem with this rant...and the reasoning for the conversation you are getting back is based simply on YOUR expectations of a mobile device.

You're concerned about capturing what is probably one of your lifes most precious moments with a cell phone? Seriously...Get a GOOD digital camera and call it a day, everyone knows a mobile phone is NOT what you want for that time.

Regarding replacements, that's RIM's fault...how? Each carrier mandates their own process for replacements. Sadly, you chose T-Mobile which will not do replacements in store. Misplaced blame is the flaw there. First 30 days I can walk into any Rogers location and have my device swapped right there, outside 30..one call to cust care and device is Fedex'd to my door by 5pm next day.

As far as the trackball issues are concerned, it's probably the most valid point you made that users are going to relate to you with. All of the other things you mentioned are well, for lack of better words invalid to anyone but you. And, as others have stated...speak with your wallet, not your thoughts on where RIM went wrong, you bought the device...if you and others that share the same opinion as you stop paying to buy the products you'll have nothing to comment on. However, I get the feeling if it's not CrackBerry it will be some other device forums you'll be ranting on.
    02-08-10 06:25 PM
    I don't think that the OP is wrong in thinking that he should get his money's worth from his devices. Whether the Pearl and 8900 Curve are low and medium range BBs seems irrelevant. If you pay money for them, then they should work as advertised. Concerning the design issues, I don't think that too many manufacturers make devices so that consumers can take them apart. Plus, if you had a a bad experience with one BB, why would you buy another?

02-08-10 06:26 PM
    I love my 8900, i don't know what you are talking about.
    If you really have to change the trackball that much, then there is a problem.
    02-08-10 06:27 PM
    I don't think that the OP is wrong in thinking that he should get his money's worth from his devices. Whether the Pearl and 8900 Curve are low and medium range BBs seems irrelevant. If you pay money for them, then they should work as advertised. Concerning the design issues, I don't think that too many manufacturers make devices so that consumers can take them apart. Plus, if you had a a bad experience with one BB, why would you buy another?

His complaint about them being obsolete so fast is where the relevance of low medium range relevance lyes

the 8100 did work as advertised, no where did it say the SD cards would be hot swappable ( change while device is running)

Doing the research, and buying the appropriate phone is on the onus of the purchaser, the 9000 would have addressed the issues of the OP. with only a single BB purchase and not multiple ones
    02-08-10 06:37 PM
    Real digital camera is definitely the way to go. Any cellphone/smartphone camera is total crap compared to even a lot of lower priced digital cameras. The reason is sensor size. The bigger the sensor, the better it does in lower light (indoors, etc) situations. Real cameras have better focusing ability and ability to adjust some of the settings like shutter speed and aperture.

The SD card is sort of your fault for failing to ask the right questions such as "where does the SD card go, and is it hot swapable" if that was a feature you were looking for. That's what the people in the store are there for and why they have display phones. Tell them what you want, ask about features and thoroughly inspect any device you're considering purchasing.

02-08-10 07:34 PM
    Why do my feet smell when I take off my shoes at night?
    02-08-10 08:07 PM
    -stuff-

the 8100, entry level consumer phone
    the 8900, Mid Range consumer phone ( update for the 8300)

-more stuff-

The 9700, top notch phone...
    Okay so, what is the difference between 8900 and 9700.. let's see... one is 3g. 9700 is a bold. Hmm... trackpad.. and the green and red button icons are flipped.

So that makes the 8900 a 'mid-range phone.' Interesting.
    02-08-10 08:18 PM
    Lol. I have several digital cameras and end up utilizing my 9700 because it's convenient. Honestly the pics are not "that bad". But, I'm not expecting studio quality pics either. I still use an 8300 for work(cheap B*st**ds) and my 9700 as well. Have two 8310s, 8100, and a BOLD, I did my research and (at the time and year of the purchases) was not disappointed with any of my BlackBerries. It boils down to personal expectations of the device. JMHO.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-08-10 08:38 PM
    You blame RIM for sticking with their businessman approach lool, get a camera dude. They're some pretty intelligent people.
    02-08-10 08:56 PM
    I like updating phones once a year. I've done that for the past 5 years But I'm with a few others that agree that RIM isn't trying as hard to compete with the other brands. I upgraded from an 8330 to a 9530 which was an upgrade in my eyes. Touch screen, no trackball, faster speeds for everything, better camera... It's getting near that time of year to upgrade again. What am I going to upgrade to? An S2, no point. Maybe a Curve with no flash on the camera?

If they brought out a phone with a 5 or 6 MP camera, I'd be happy. That's it... Give us an upgrade.

+1 with the digital camera... Don't take pictures of precious moments with your cell phone.
    02-08-10 09:01 PM
    Manufacturer's defect. Call customer service to troubleshoot whether the problem is with the feet or the shoes. They may send free replacements.

02-08-10 09:11 PM
    You gotta put a sheet of Bounce in your shoes... Don't you people watch tv? Geez.....
    02-08-10 09:12 PM
    Because you have an iPhone
    02-08-10 09:23 PM
    Okay so, what is the difference between 8900 and 9700.. let's see... one is 3g. 9700 is a bold. Hmm... trackpad.. and the green and red button icons are flipped.

So that makes the 8900 a 'mid-range phone.' Interesting.
    Trackpad fixes the issue with the trackball

9700 feels slightly more solid, and 9700 has HSPDA support, which makes it better.

All that said, I still have the 9630 over the 9700, for CDMA network support, as it is better than GSM over the geographical Area I cover.
    02-08-10 09:29 PM
    Because you have an iPhone
    I wonder...is there an app for that?
    02-08-10 10:42 PM
    I wonder...is there an app for that?
    Dr Scholls iDer eater app
    02-08-10 11:00 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD