I sent an email to VZW CS asking them about a possible discount on the Tour2 for current Tour owners who have had and still have trackball issues. Most of the response I got was just babbling, but I found this very interesting:

"Regrettably, I do not have any release dates on new devices. However, if you continue to have difficulty with your replacement I will be more than happy to review the account after verification and discuss options that may be available to you."

She gave a number and extension and available hours. I'm hoping this means a decent amount of pestering VZW CS after the release of the 9650 will at least net me a discount.
    02-08-10 12:14 PM
    If you are a squeeky wheel, sometimes they will take care of you. But for advertising the fact that VZW will exchange your T1 for a T2 is dead wrong. Why would they offer that? To eat away at their profit?

I am not thrilled either with the lack on announcements on the phone...not sure if it is a RIM issue or a VZW issue....to be honest I do not care who is to blame. Just give us a date already.
    02-08-10 02:48 PM
    yeah, im just waiting on a date for the release!..
    02-10-10 11:35 PM
    Why would they offer that? To eat away at their profit?
    To take care of your customers so they return when their contract is up. That would be more of a profit loss.
    02-14-10 05:23 PM
    It didn't happen with the S2 release and it won't happen with the T2 release either.
    02-14-10 05:30 PM
    I'm sure it'll be on individual basis if at all. Can't ever hurt to ask though.
    02-14-10 05:32 PM
    my one and only "upgrade" that I got for a defective phone was from my Kyocera 7135 to a Treo 600. The 7135 was giving lots of people headaches, and VZW started replacing them with the Treo.
    Wow that was along time ago. The 7135 was quite a phone for it's time. Sometimes I really miss the old Palm platform.

I long time customer having repeated problems with a handset should get VZW's attention.
    02-14-10 08:55 PM
    I think so many people are going to be trying to replace their T1's with T2's that it will be a hard sell

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 10:37 PM
    I think so many people are going to be trying to replace their T1's with T2's that it will be a hard sell

Especially with the 5.0 upgrade
    02-14-10 11:12 PM
    I had an 8830 with Verizon was able to get them to exchange it for an 8330 about 4 months after I had purchased the device. It took 10 calls to customer service and a bunch of CS reps and supervisors telling me "it can't be done, sorry" but they finally did it. At first they offered me discounts which I didn't accept, but finally they exchanged it for free. I suppose they look at the customer's call history when they come up with those responses, because, on the 10th call, the level 1 customer service rep was able make the exchange with simply an approval from the supervisor. Go figure.

The 8830 had MMS capabilities that were crippled by Verizon and I used this as my argument for why I should get a free "downgrade".

I'm never going to do this again (it's a huge pain) and don't suggest doing it, just stating that it is possible with persistence if you are having serious issues with the Tour 1.

Right now, I have an available upgrade and am waiting for the Tour 2 to come out so that I'm not stuck in that situation again.
    Last edited by thenoob; 02-14-10 at 11:20 PM.
    02-14-10 11:15 PM
    For every customer that leaves over this, they will get a new one. What you have paid and the penalty you will pay for leaving will pretty much cover the phone.

02-15-10 08:27 AM
    Especially with the 5.0 upgrade
    Exactly.

10char
    02-15-10 10:32 AM
    For every customer that leaves over this, they will get a new one. What you have paid and the penalty you will pay for leaving will pretty much cover the phone.

+1

I paid bout $330 for my bold 1 and when I left ATT I paid that much to break the contract on top of the $230 for my final 2 bills with them.

02-15-10 01:55 PM
    +1

I paid bout $330 for my bold 1 and when I left ATT I paid that much to break the contract on top of the $230 for my final 2 bills with them.

OUCH

10char
    02-15-10 01:56 PM
    OUCH

10char
    you live and learn I guess. I will never ever leave verizon again.

02-15-10 02:09 PM
    you live and learn I guess. I will never ever leave verizon again.

LOL b1tchs1apped back into the fold I see. At least you learned the first time. I've heard of people jumping ship for every new phone that drops. Bold, G-1, iPhone, Droid, 9700.....yikes
    02-15-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD