My source at AT&T store just told me the release date for Blackberry Bold is June 26!
    06-09-08 01:51 PM
    Dont play games like this are you 100%?
    06-09-08 01:54 PM
    is this for sure? or is it another bigfoot sighting? i hope its true.
    06-09-08 01:56 PM
    I wouldn't believe any date until the device is actually in stores. I have found that the majority of dates end up being wrong.
    06-09-08 01:57 PM
    I don't believe it... I tend not to trust first posters with information like this.
    06-09-08 02:06 PM
    Well, he works there...and I've been bugging him for weeks to tell me the minute he knew the release date. June 26 he says. It's BEFORE the JULY 11 iPhone release so we'll see if it happens.
    06-09-08 02:07 PM
    Hmm, my "source" says that ATT is getting it in July. Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile are getting it in September, if it does release in June, then it'll probably be on Rogers.
    06-09-08 02:16 PM
    There have been too many "my friend who works in the store" launch dates posted. They're all different and only one can be correct.

I'm sure it will launch before the new iPhone, but the date is still being held back. Some salesman in the ATT store isn't going to know.
    06-09-08 02:28 PM
    Even if it does release on June 26th, what is the price going to be? The iPhone will be $199(8gig) and $299(16gig), RETAIL. No subsidies to mess with, no rebates to mail in and wait 4 months on...

Price is now going to play a HUGE role in this device's success, not just release date. Especially for those of us that are in the middle of our contracts and aren't able to get the subsidy. Dropping $500+ isn't so easy anymore with the new iPhone being so cheap...
    06-09-08 02:51 PM
    Even if it does release on June 26th, what is the price going to be? The iPhone will be $199(8gig) and $299(16gig), RETAIL. No subsidies to mess with, no rebates to mail in and wait 4 months on...

Price is now going to play a HUGE role in this device's success, not just release date. Especially for those of us that are in the middle of our contracts and aren't able to get the subsidy. Dropping $500+ isn't so easy anymore with the new iPhone being so cheap...
    So far everything I've seen that it's going to be $299 on all carriers except T-Mobile, for us it will be $349. (Still just speculation of course).
    06-09-08 02:53 PM
    I'm also speculating on the price of the Bold. RIM knows this new iPhone is their main competition. With it selling for $199 that leaves the ball in BB's court. If it's more than $299 RIM may lose some market share. I mean, the iPhone is a nice freak'in phone if you like that type of phone...and it's only going for $199? That is very - very - cheap. Heck a Sony Ericsson costs more!
    06-09-08 02:56 PM
    I agree, I can't see the bold being sold for more than $299. I really hope it's released before the damn iphone. I would think Rim would make an offical announcement this week, like tomorrow when all the attention could be on them. How dumb was it for samsung to announce a new phone on iphone 2 day. I really don't like the iphone and can't wait for the bold to be here.
    06-09-08 02:58 PM
    Hmm, my "source" says that ATT is getting it in July. Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile are getting it in September, if it does release in June, then it'll probably be on Rogers.

According to my BB Rep. The above info is correct. But then again? This is just a field rep. However I could not get solid info as far as pricing. The Instinct launches for Sprint June 26th I believe? So should be a good time for phones in general. Will be interesting to see the pricing war?...lol
    06-09-08 02:59 PM
    I'm also speculating on the price of the Bold. RIM knows this new iPhone is their main competition. With it selling for $199 that leaves the ball in BB's court. If it's more than $299 RIM may lose some market share. I mean, the iPhone is a nice freak'in phone if you like that type of phone...and it's only going for $199? That is very - very - cheap. Heck a Sony Ericsson costs more!
    Yea, I'm still trying to decide whether I want to go out and grab a 8320 and then upgrade to Bold when it comes out or just wait for the Bold... Whichever one I decide will be my first BB, but I'm not really worried about being overwhelmed or anything I love technology, been around it forever... Plus I have all the awesome people at CB if I do need help.
    06-09-08 03:00 PM
    So far everything I've seen that it's going to be $299 on all carriers except T-Mobile, for us it will be $349. (Still just speculation of course).
    Right, but that is the subsidized price. The new iPhone will not be subsidized, it is just $199/$299. We need to find out the retail price of the Bold, because as it is now, anybody at any point of their contract can go buy an iPhone for less than $300 (before tax). If a person isn't up for renewal, or a new At&t customer, they may be facing a $500+ price tag on the Bold, and that will hurt a lot.

The retail price needs to be released, and soon...

EDIT: I forgot... The key thing mentioned by Jobs was the the prices he listed were the MAXIMUM prices. If you read between the lines, carriers could potentially offer the iPhone for even less than $199/$299...
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 06-09-08 at 03:05 PM.
    06-09-08 03:03 PM
    If a person isn't up for renewal, or a new At&t customer, they may be facing a $500+ price tag on the Bold, and that will hurt a lot.
    Ok, I'm not really sure of the exact meaning of subsidized in this context (never really hear that word used too much.) I'm assuming you mean where you get x amount of dollars off if you sign up with a contract? If that's what you're talking about.. Why wouldn't a new ATT customer be able to get that? Wouldn't they get the discount for signing up a new contract?
    06-09-08 03:10 PM
    Right, but that is the subsidized price. The new iPhone will not be subsidized, it is just $199/$299. We need to find out the retail price of the Bold, because as it is now, anybody at any point of their contract can go buy an iPhone for less than $300 (before tax). If a person isn't up for renewal, or a new At&t customer, they may be facing a $500+ price tag on the Bold, and that will hurt a lot.

The retail price needs to be released, and soon...

EDIT: I forgot... The key thing mentioned by Jobs was the the prices he listed were the MAXIMUM prices. If you read between the lines, carriers could potentially offer the iPhone for even less than $199/$299...
    There was a news feature with Jobs regarding Apple and he said he "knows what he's doing" in regards to the low price. I have to admit, they are REALLY CUTTING the price down for this iPhone...I mean it's one of the best phones around for one of the lowest prices around. Sounds too good to be true, unless it's a marketing strategy to outsell RIM.
    At this point the iPhone is cheaper than a Palm (not the phone)!
    06-09-08 03:12 PM
    Ok, I'm not really sure of the exact meaning of subsidized in this context (never really hear that word used too much.) I'm assuming you mean where you get x amount of dollars off if you sign up with a contract? If that's what you're talking about.. Why wouldn't a new ATT customer be able to get that? Wouldn't they get the discount for signing up a new contract?
    I am saying that new customers and renewing customers are the only ones able to get the Bold for $300. $300 is the Bold's subsidized price, or in other words, the price you get when you sign for a new contract or renew your existing contract.

The iPhone on the other hand is being sold for $200 and $300 flat out retail. No subsidy needed to get that price, so ANYONE can get it. New customer? Got it. Customer half way through their contract? Got it. On the flip-side, the Bold will be closer to $5-600 for a customer halfway through their contract...

This is why we need to find out the retail price of the Bold... Subsidized is only good for certain customers (new or renewing), retail is what everyone else has to pay...
    06-09-08 03:21 PM
    I am saying that new customers and renewing customers are the only ones able to get the Bold for $300. $300 is the Bold's subsidized price, or in other words, the price you get when you sign for a new contract or renew your existing contract.

The iPhone on the other hand is being sold for $200 and $300 flat out retail. No subsidy needed to get that price, so ANYONE can get it. New customer? Got it. Customer half way through their contract? Got it. On the flip-side, the Bold will be closer to $5-600 for a customer halfway through their contract...

This is why we need to find out the retail price of the Bold... Subsidized is only good for certain customers (new or renewing), retail is what everyone else has to pay...
    Ok, that's what I thought you meant, but I thought you said that NEW customers wouldn't be able to get the subsidized price. That's why I was confused.
    06-09-08 03:36 PM
    There was a news feature with Jobs regarding Apple and he said he "knows what he's doing" in regards to the low price. I have to admit, they are REALLY CUTTING the price down for this iPhone...I mean it's one of the best phones around for one of the lowest prices around. Sounds too good to be true, unless it's a marketing strategy to outsell RIM.
    At this point the iPhone is cheaper than a Palm (not the phone)!

of course that is their objective.... Only question now is how is RIM going to match up against the $199 3G IPHONE 2.0????? I know i'm ready to find out
    06-09-08 03:37 PM
    Customer half way through their contract? Got it. On the flip-side, the Bold will be closer to $5-600 for a customer halfway through their contract...
    If the Bold is $500-$600 they will lose A LOT of potential customers!!! I'm guessing with contract $199 to $249, without $299 to $349 tops.
    06-09-08 03:38 PM
    If the Bold is $500-$600 they will lose A LOT of potential customers!!! I'm guessing with contract $199 to $249, without $299 to $349 tops.
    Hope you're right.
    06-09-08 03:38 PM
    That would make it less than the Curve... To buy a Curve without contract right now costs almost $400... The subsidized price has already been rumored to be $300 for At&t, $350 for T-Mobile.

There is no way I can see them offering the Bold for that low of a retail price.
    06-09-08 03:51 PM
    I agree..... like I posted in another topic, it's going to be very interesting to see how RIM takes on the new iphone
    06-09-08 03:51 PM

that is incorrect. that is a subsidized price for the iphone.
    06-09-08 03:56 PM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD