Can anybody guide me on the right direction on how to get the MMS service books for the 9550?? ive found and installed the ones for the 9530 but i cant seem to find the ones for the 9550 anywhere, help please
    BKLYNBORN423 likes this.
    02-08-10 03:04 AM
    As far as I know the Service Book format is the same from BlackBerry to BlackBerry, but you may have had Legacy SB Restore disabled when transferring the Service Books to your Storm2.

Here is how you enable Legacy SB Restore:
    a) Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
    b) Press the BlackBerry button and select Show Keyboard.
    c) Hold down the "!? 123" key until it locks (2~3 seconds).
    d) Press these buttons in sequence: 4, ?, 2, ?.
    e) Now you should get the message "Legacy SB Restore Enabled".

Make sure to have the full keyboard enabled for portrait mode before following the instructions. Once Legacy SB Restore has been enabled, try transferring the Service Books again from Desktop Manager.

Good luck.
    02-08-10 08:48 AM
    Thanks ill try that right now, i tried and followed every single step for the 9530 and it did work, but then when i told my brother to send me a picture for some reason the phone did something weird, i checked before i got the picture and i did have them but after i got the message with the picture in it, i guess you could say that the phone refreshed and the picture quality was horrible and the service books were gone, so was the browser, which i had to do a battery pull to get it back, i really hope this works
    02-08-10 04:49 PM
    I have the same problem, My blackberry storm 2 -unlock with t-mobile. The browser icon keep disappearing. I do not have a data plan but like to use it with wifi. Can someone make my icon stop disappearing. And how come i can't connect with yahoo messenger. Help please
    02-18-10 11:34 AM
    did you change your TCP/IP? go to options / advanced settings / TCP/IP . for the APN it should have epc.tmobil.com . i think this will help you.
    02-21-10 10:23 PM
    did you change your TCP/IP? go to options / advanced settings / TCP/IP . for the APN it should have epc.tmobil.com . i think this will help you.
    ok thanks i will try that
    02-22-10 08:12 PM
    1. 9530 service books ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE 9550 and vice versa. The 9550 has wi-fi. If you need proper service books for the T-Mobile go to index. Also the 9630's service books are not compatible with the Storm 1 or 2.
    2. Your service books will disappear after every battery pull or reset on the Storm 2. It is still a mistery for everyone, you will have to put in the service books after every battery pull using the method described by shinkodachi. Good people are working on this issue for months but it is still a work in progress
    02-24-10 12:51 AM
    1. 9530 service books ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE 9550 and vice versa. The 9550 has wi-fi. If you need proper service books for the T-Mobile go to index. Also the 9630's service books are not compatible with the Storm 1 or 2.
    Wrong. Service Books are standard IPD records that are transferable from BlackBerry to BlackBerry. If the device doesn't have hardware support for a specific function or feature like WiFi, it will simply ignore it. One can remove single entries from the device, but it's not necessary to do.
    02-24-10 03:21 AM
    I followed your instructions on my unlocked storm 9550, but I still could not have the message "legacy SB restore enabled" after ALT and 4?2? on the advanced option / service book. Please help me to restore the ATT SB.
    04-10-10 11:19 PM
    I cant get the message "legacy SB restore eabled" on my verizon 9550 either. Is there another way to do this? Help please!! Thanks in advance
    04-19-10 01:47 PM
    FYI if other people are having a hard time getting the "legacy restore SB...." message, you might wanna try click shift 4, shift ?, shift 2, shift ? as opposed to hodlding the shift key for a second to lock the screen and pushing 4?2?. It worked for me........
    04-19-10 08:24 PM
    04-19-10 08:29 PM
    04-19-10 08:30 PM
    Anyone ever figure this problem out for sure. I even had t-mobile load them on the phone for me and the same thing happends.I have tried the sb enable also with no luck.
    03-13-11 12:24 PM
    Try this. The directions in the links above are over 2 years old. I have posted this many times and should ask that the old thread/instructions be removed and updated with the below. I have had an unlocked Storm 1 & 2 on Tmobile and have never had to manually install or do anything with service books.

To set up set up data services (EDGE only) on the Blackberry Storm (95xx series).

Switch To GSM/EDGE from default settings of 1X/EVDO:
    Menu> Options> Mobile Network> Network Technology> Change Network Technology to GSM/UMTS> Change network Mode to 2G

Register the Device to initiate Service Book downloads:
    Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> Press Menu> Select Register Now
    MUST HAVE DATA SUBSCRITPION FOR SERVICE BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD

If necessary, service books can be sent via MyTmobile: (Email Service Books only)

1. Log into MyT-Mobile.com from computer
    2. Set the phone Model to Blackberry 9780 fromy T-Mobile
    3. Click the Link Set up Blackberry Internet Email or go to Conenct and Share and then Configure email
    4. Enter the PIN and IMEI
    **To find PIN and IMEI go to Options and then Status
    5. Enter a VALID email address and Password (this is optional, if you don't want to set up email, select Cancel)
    6. On the Left Column select SERVICE BOOKS
    7. Send Service Books

Then cancel location in iHLR and pull battery. Leave out for approx 1 min and then power up.

Check Device APN:
    1. Options
    2. Adv. Options
    3. Select TCP:
    *APN: epc.tmobile.com
    * Username and Password BLANK
    4. Save Settings

Enable your browser:

Options> Adv options> Browser Settings> Set all browser settings to T-Mobile

Note: Default MDS Browser- may no be accessable on the first attempt. power off the device, cancel location, power on and check again.

Test Connections: you should now see new icons on the screen (They may say WAP)
    03-14-11 09:47 AM
    what is iHLR?
    03-15-11 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD