i wanted that t2 so bad like everyone else so ive decided im goin to the curve 8530.....
    02-07-10 07:36 PM
    why not a t1?
    02-07-10 07:37 PM
    i dunno the 8530 has a trackpad an im afraid of the t1's ball
    02-07-10 07:39 PM
    Ok well I suppose that's a good enough reason! I just wish the T2 would come out
    02-07-10 07:44 PM
    I decided on a plan. I will wait until a week from tomorrow (the 15th). If there is no new info/announcement by then, I'm getting the T1. If the T2 comes out within 30 days of then, I'll return my T1 and exchange for the T2.
    02-07-10 07:44 PM
    Yeah that's definitely what I'm doing. But at this point it's just rediculous for VZW/Sprint/RIM to keep this device completely in the dark; I mean, just let us know when it will be released so we know how long we have to hold out.
    02-07-10 07:46 PM
    Been on the fence for a bit now; and thought I had decided twice now.

Anyway, I'm waiting until Wed the 10th.. then I'm going 8530 or maybe even (gulp) Pixi.
    02-07-10 07:53 PM
    i wanted that t2 so bad like everyone else so ive decided im goin to the curve 8530.....
    That is what I did...man I hate the curve....come on T2
    02-07-10 07:55 PM
    Just for making us wait so long just for a freaking date i think that no one should buy the phone for like the first 2 weeks just to get back at them
    02-07-10 07:56 PM
    Just for making us wait so long just for a freaking date i think that no one should buy the phone for like the first 2 weeks just to get back at them
    haha at this point, there is really no advantage to concealing the date; I could see the wanting to conceal it if the release date was a few months away (just in case a competitor wanted to release a phone around the same time to well... compete) but there's just no way that they can keep it covered for another two months. And there's now reason that they should. Another phone manufacturer can't create another phone in a two to four month time period.
    02-07-10 08:00 PM
    im just wondering what the hush hush is on this t2...i find it odd that everyone at verizon acts like it doesnt exist yet every where else i read says it does...i went on verizon wireless cellphone news and reviews an it says next weeks phones for feb are the devour..the casio brigade...some flip lg phone..and the nexus...this was posted on their site on the 3rd of feb...its wirelesszone.com
    02-07-10 09:00 PM
    i cant even picture buying the pixi
    02-07-10 09:03 PM
    better safe than sorry approach. Rumor is that Verizon wanted stuff fixed/changed before it was released and they are not going to put it on the board with a date until they know for sure it will be. They learned from Microsoft's mistakes in sldiing release dates.
    02-07-10 09:03 PM
    I thought the T2 wasn't approved by the FCC yet. o.o
    Idk though. I read it somewhere on here.
    02-07-10 09:04 PM
    why not a t1?
    I got T1's for myself and my son and they are great. I made sure our boxes had the green dot on it and they haven't let us down. I like the trackball and the screen is sooooo nice, especially compared to the Curve's.
    02-07-10 09:07 PM
    I got T1's for myself and my son and they are great. I made sure our boxes had the green dot on it and they haven't let us down. I like the trackball and the screen is sooooo nice, especially compared to the Curve's.
    what does the green dot mean on the box??
    02-07-10 09:09 PM
    I thought the T2 wasn't approved by the FCC yet. o.o
    Idk though. I read it somewhere on here.

reread the post on that very subject. there seems to be one that RIM has an approval for that has not matched up to a current phone and it was approved 1/18/10 I believe.

Unless it's for the Magnum/Stiker/yet unknown model.
    02-07-10 09:10 PM
    god damn im with you i think..i keep giving this phone seccond chances...
    02-07-10 09:17 PM
    reread the post on that very subject. there seems to be one that RIM has an approval for that has not matched up to a current phone and it was approved 1/18/10 I believe.

Unless it's for the Magnum/Stiker/yet unknown model.
    The 8910 has been approved and that is latest RIM phone I heard approved. It doesn't matter to me, I'm not a Verizon customer.
    02-07-10 09:18 PM
    i cant even picture buying the pixi
    I know, I know.. But after a bit of hands on time with it several times in the store..I'm thinking about it. I use gmail as my primary email so no prob there. The keyboard is really pretty darn good; try one you'll see. The browsers is good too.

Like I said, I'm thinking about it.. have not committed one way or another yet. If the T2 drops really soon then there is nothing to think about.
    02-07-10 09:25 PM
    me neither. I want a Bold for Sprint
    02-07-10 09:27 PM
    Well, you made a good choice in the fact that if you can't wait any longer to go with the 8530 vs. 9630. There has been a couple of posts about people with 9630's that haven't had any problems, or would rather go with the Trackball. It does not matter what dot is on the box, just go look at the 3200 reviews on VZW's website and that should be enough to tell you to stay away from 9630, or either never eat or touch anything with grease or lotion on your hands or for gods sake don't eat french fried and use you BB, it may not be bad now but it will be. Go 8530, its a great phone I have used it a ton at work.
    02-07-10 09:41 PM
    I'm trying to decide what I'm gonna do if it's not available by my upgrade date (March 5). Like the OP, I'm strongly considering the 8530, almost solely for the trackpad. I just love that thing, and I have a feeling if I get the Tour 1, I'm gonna be super jealous about the trackpad of the T2 when it's released, when I'm still stuck with a trackball. I love the physical appearance of the Tour and would really like to have the better resolution, camera, flash... But I don't know, I'm just sick of the trackball.

I guess I'd probably just get the 8530 and if I'm not satisfied with its performance, I'd exchange it for the Tour. I just hope it doesn't come to that.
    02-07-10 11:08 PM
    I'm trying to decide what I'm gonna do if it's not available by my upgrade date (March 5). Like the OP, I'm strongly considering the 8530, almost solely for the trackpad. I just love that thing, and I have a feeling if I get the Tour 1, I'm gonna be super jealous about the trackpad of the T2 when it's released, when I'm still stuck with a trackball. I love the physical appearance of the Tour and would really like to have the better resolution, camera, flash... But I don't know, I'm just sick of the trackball.

I guess I'd probably just get the 8530 and if I'm not satisfied with its performance, I'd exchange it for the Tour. I just hope it doesn't come to that.
    I think its safe bet that the 9650 will be here my March 5th.
    02-07-10 11:12 PM
    those of you going for the 8530 are going to be severely disappointed. impatience ruins things. it'll come out when it comes out; if you're just getting the 8530 out of impatience, or spite towards RIM/VZW/Sprint, you're the only one who's going to be losing out in the end.
    02-07-10 11:15 PM
207 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD