as soon as i join a group, i have to delete it because my phone keeps freezing! this happened before.. as soon as i join a group, i can't use my phone anymore because it just keeps "loading" or something from the chats... until i do a battery pull and delete the group as soon as the phone comes back up, otherwise my phone is useless!! i don't have this problem with individual bbm just the groups!

i don't use a *lot* of apps and i use less than 12mb memory...

is there anyway to fix this? or am i just sol?
    02-07-10 06:07 PM
    Yea get a hybrid bbhybrids.net

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-07-10 06:11 PM
    You need to let it load up. Depending on connection speed, and the size of the group anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. They will be a burden on your device, especially if they are quite active. It's something you can either live with, or not.
    02-07-10 06:12 PM
    hi,

so are you saying that once it loads up for the first time, i won't have the "hanging" problem?

thanks..

You need to let it load up. Depending on connection speed, and the size of the group anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. They will be a burden on your device, especially if they are quite active. It's something you can either live with, or not.
    02-07-10 06:31 PM
    I need to get a hybrid? I went to the link in your sig, but I don't know how it relates to my question...?
    02-07-10 06:35 PM
    The hang will go away for the most part, but it still will tax your device. There's variables such as whether you use a holster with a sleeper magnet. That in combination with an active group can be an issue, as the chat will load when active upon removal from the holster. The other variable is just how active it is. The group will constantly stream when chatting onto your device, and picture will burden it too. It just depends on so many things.
    02-07-10 06:38 PM
    I need to get a hybrid? I went to the link in your sig, but I don't know how it relates to my question...?
    Some of the hybrids preform fairly well, but I have a good friend in a very active group, and he does fine without one. He is chatting inside the group most of the time, and that helps. If you don't have a lot of experience working with your OS, and you don't have quick access to a PC should you have trouble, I would avoid the hybrid.
    02-07-10 06:40 PM
    thanks!

ok, i'll try again and see how it goes past the initial load up... and yeh, i think i'll stay away from experimenting with the hybrid... i'm a bb newbie having made the switch from palm last year...

thanks again!
    02-07-10 07:19 PM
    You're welcome! Can't tell you how much a new device would help, but the initial install is still a bear.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD