I downloaded the 5.0 DM but my OS is still 4.6... What do I need to do to make my OS 5.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 04:27 PM
    That's just the DM, not the OS. You need to download the latest OS. Check this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ne...8900-a-400282/

Make sure you follow the directions if that's not your carrier or you'll FUBAR your berry.

02-07-10 04:35 PM
    What do you mean Fubar your berry? You can safely apply any carriers OS to any 8900 without bricking your berry. If you mean just deleting the vendor.xml file that's not exactly a fubar but a necessary easy thing to do in the pre upgrade steps.

02-07-10 09:41 PM
    What do you mean Fubar your berry? You can safely apply any carriers OS to any 8900 without bricking your berry. If you mean just deleting the vendor.xml file that's not exactly a fubar but a necessary easy thing to do in the pre upgrade steps.

A lot of people don't know they have to delete the vendor.xml file - so it's a just a warning that if you don't know what you're doing, and don't follow the proper upgrade procedures, then you could potentially brick your berry...I've had to fix my friend's berry's after this happened. So just a friendly reminder to follow the proper upgrade procedures.
    02-07-10 09:52 PM
    Um, you are still spreading bogus info. There's a huge difference between not simply deleting the vendor file and not following procedures. Instead of posting ambiguous stuff like this you should be more specific. You can't brick a berry by not deleting the vendor file. And, all OS are compatible regardless of the vendor. Anyhoo....

02-07-10 11:14 PM
    Well sorry for not been more specific..didn't know it was a sensitive subject for you. In my original post all I said is to make sure you follow the directions for upgrading if that was not their carrier or wise you might run the risk of screwing up your berry. In no part of that message that I state that it would not be compatible, as I'm fully well aware that all carrier's OS's are compatible, which is why I helped a new poster by directing them to the proper forum. You really took that out of context Lazerus, as all I was trying to do was help.

Anyways...have a good week and I'll try not to post any more "bogus info"
    02-07-10 11:26 PM
    Ha umm thanks for the response! I'm going to try to successfully download this without "bricking my berry"

02-08-10 03:22 AM
    SO... I used the link and it just gives me options for 4.6 to upgrade, not 5.0 =(

02-08-10 12:06 PM
    can you please list off what you have done so far? like every step?

most basic way to upgrade is to
    -remove/uninstall all other os you currently have on your pc
    -download new os
    -install new os
    -go to program files/common files/research in motion/apploader. delete vendor.xml file
    -click on loader.exe

desktop manger is not required, and in most case not recommended for updating os
    Last edited by BlackCRX; 02-08-10 at 01:28 PM.
    02-08-10 01:23 PM
    So far I've used to think from the sticky to download the 5.0 DM then I used the same link which I chose 8900 to dowload the 5.0 OS.... and still no 5.0 results =( I really want this OS lol

02-08-10 11:37 PM
    Also, how would I delete the OS onmy computer that I have now? I didn't have this much trouble with my 8320 lol

02-08-10 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD