Searching threads I see some people saying Garmin Mobile works on Storm 2 w/Verizon. Other people say it doesn't. Garmin web site says: Except for the Storm, Verizon devices are not supported by this trial.

I've followed all the posted links and every time I get a message saying: The trial version is not supported on this device.

So my question is, for the people running Garmin Mobile Trial on thier Storm 2, where and how did you download it?

I have my Storm 2 Browser set to Internet and Identification BlackBerry. Changing these values did not help downloadning.

One last thought, maybe I am not understanding correctly... is it the trial doesn't work but the paid version does?

Thanks in advance for your replies,
    02-07-10 11:57 AM
    I don't think my last post wrnt through.....phone was acting wierd.

Try dl it to your pc then load it onto your phone. I did this with the trial and used bb master controller to load it to my phone. Worked like a charm.....only catch is u have to rename one of the folders with your pin#.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 12:20 PM
    I am running the paid version of the app on my S2. I paid for it from their website and set everything up on the website. They will send you a download link once you register the pin of your device, and then you can install it. It is a really great app, keeping you up to speed with traffic conditions and weather forecasts. Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 12:52 PM
    I have it on my 9550 and it works great, no issues at all.
    02-07-10 01:00 PM
    It works perfectly on my S2 as well. I think that someone posted a copy of the software and was letting people download it for free. I'm pretty sure those were the ones having trouble. Mine has never not worked.
    02-07-10 01:30 PM
    Works great with .464 hybrid. I used Garmin with S1 and then S2... just have to call garmin cs to give a new activation code everytime I upgrade to hybrid OS.
    02-07-10 01:43 PM
    Also, Garmin actually works better than my factory installed nav on my '08 Armada. Tested it from NC to VA, Va to DC, and VA to MO.
    02-07-10 01:47 PM
    I've had same issue as orig poster.... Bottom line, the Garmin 7day free trial does not work on S2... their CS informed me they are aware of it, but that I could buy the program and get a refund w/in 30 days if I didn't like it.... + they said when the version for the S2 does come out, they will upgrade me to that correct version at no charge....
    02-07-10 04:56 PM
    The Storm version works fine on Storm2.. I haver had it in paid version since I had my Storm1.. It comes down to the installer isnt programmed to understand S2 as compatible so it wont dl it.
    It works fine, I use it ALL the time on mine.
    02-07-10 07:48 PM
    Interesting. I've read where some have sworn by this or Telenav. I'm tempted to make the payment for either.
    02-07-10 07:57 PM
    Had it on my original Storm and had it transferred to my Storm 2. Worked perfectly on both. Used it again today and didn't get lost.
    02-07-10 08:53 PM
    I love the Garmin app. I have the paid version on my S2. It works just as good as the Nuvi and you can get directions to anyone in your contacts.
    02-07-10 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD