I have a US Cellular 8530 Curve. I have edited all sound profiles, BUT when you got to change the profile using the small Sound icon on the home screen, nothing happens. For instance, say I am going into a meeting, I click on the icon to change from normal to vibrate, and I still get a ringtone playing as if it were on normal. US Cellular says it is a blackberry problem in their software....anyone else have this issue? I have to turn off the phone completely so I will not appear to be an ***** in a meeting, movie or whatever? Any fix on the horizon?
    02-07-10 09:09 AM
    try "all profile off" see if that works...sorry All Alerts Off...
    02-07-10 09:13 AM
    Yeah its probably an OS issue.
    Try pulling the battery and letting the phone reboot to see if t fixes the issue.

If not I'd see about updating the OS
    Go to the sticky up top for 8530 and follow the directions.
    02-07-10 11:54 AM
    I have the same problem - set the phone to vibrate and it's ringing off the hook! So annoying...
    02-09-10 02:39 PM
    I have the same problem - set the phone to vibrate and it's ringing off the hook! So annoying...
    Have you tried JP Hatfield's suggestion? Have you read the 101 beginner's guide in the forums. There as so many options concerning the ringtones and profiles that it takes a little time and study to get just the right response you are looking for. I recall installing BerryBuzz and all of sudden nothing worked as I wanted. By taking some time and reading the FAQ's and BerryBuzz FAQ's I gained a clearer understanding and now have everything ringing, vibrating, and flashing just the way I like it.
    02-09-10 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD