View Poll Results: Do you like having the "Cool" LCD, or the "Warm" LCD?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warm

2 9.52%
  • Cool

15 71.43%
  • I don't know which one I have?

4 19.05%
    as I'm sure many of you out there already know, the LCD's in the Tour either ship with the "WARM" LCD look which is has the yellowish look to the screen, or they ship with the "Cool" LCD which tints the LCD screen to Blueish ... there are no way to tell which screen you have until you get one, but Out of my share of Tours, I have had a few Warm LCD's screens which I dont like due to the yellowish screen, but my favorite are the "Cool" LCD screens which are bright and have the blueish look to them.

Its not just the Tours that are like this, Storms are like this, Curves, and the new Bolds that I'm aware of that I had my hands on.

I dont think most can tell what kind of screen you have until you compare a Tour side by side with another and then you will see the difference "cool" and "warm" LCD's make

so the poll is... which do you prefer, "warm" or "cool" LCD's?
    02-07-10 07:38 AM
    I wasn't aware there was a difference but I certainly wouldn't describe my screen as being 'yellowish' so I guess I'll vote cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 08:23 AM
    seems like many people have no idea what I'm talking about huh?
    02-07-10 04:18 PM
    i definitely have the cool LCD. I never saw a tour with a "warm" LCD, but usually I'm all for the cold hues anyway
    02-07-10 04:20 PM
    I prefer "cool" things seem sharper and more defined then an "warm" display. Everything appears more blurred together and less sharp on a "warm" display.
    02-07-10 05:26 PM
    hmm I guess I would prefer "cool".
    02-07-10 05:33 PM
    "Warm" is closer to the NTSC standard and what every calibration ive ever seen for TV's use. Warm FTW!
    02-07-10 05:49 PM
    I prefer "cool" things seem sharper and more defined then an "warm" display. Everything appears more blurred together and less sharp on a "warm" display.
    I agree compleatly. Now that I have a warm LCD I wish I had my cool LCD back.. not a fan of the warm look
    02-07-10 05:56 PM
    Just load whatever wallpaper you like! Cool bluish or warmer tones... I have a bunch of both and rotate them pretty often. Right now I have a pic of an F14 breaking the sound barrier at sunset - doesn't get much cooler!
    02-07-10 06:14 PM
    Just load whatever wallpaper you like! Cool bluish or warmer tones... I have a bunch of both and rotate them pretty often. Right now I have a pic of an F14 breaking the sound barrier at sunset - doesn't get much cooler!
    thats not what this means... you notice these temps on any kind of white background anywhere on the phone. from your text messages, to Options, to pretty much anything on the phone... were not talking about wallpapers.. were talking about the difference in screens
    02-07-10 06:19 PM
    thats not what this means... you notice these temps on any kind of white background anywhere on the phone. from your text messages, to Options, to pretty much anything on the phone... were not talking about wallpapers.. were talking about the difference in screens
    Don't know why this might be, but all the Tours I have seen have been bright white and crystal clear - but I've only seen 10 or so to compare, never have seen a difference...
    02-07-10 06:27 PM
    Don't know why this might be, but all the Tours I have seen have been bright white and crystal clear - but I've only seen 10 or so to compare, never have seen a difference...
    like I said in my first post. Many wont tell a difference unless you have Tours side by side. then you can easily tell which ones are "cool" and which ones are "warm" just like any LCD... its the same way with Storms, Curves, Bolds..ect... all has to do with the LCD's in them
    02-07-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD