I took my 9700 off the charger at 1230 pm and it is now 800 pm and my battery is at 65 percent. I'm running on bell on 3g. Seems like my battery dies quick compared to other people here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 07:02 PM
    mine lasts 2 days on wi-fi and 3g
    02-06-10 07:48 PM
    mine lasts 2 days on wi-fi and 3g
    Out of curiosity, what OS are you running?
    02-06-10 07:55 PM
    be sure you're closing all your apps after using them, that does sound a little low
    02-06-10 08:03 PM
    If you don't exit out of apps the proper way, that will use up the battery. Some apps, for instance Time Mobile and WeatherBug, auto update periodically to display the latest headlines or weather. Facebook app will also auto refresh if you leave it open. In some apps, like Google Maps/Gmail, you'll have the EXIT option instead of CLOSE. I prefer if all apps used the EXIT option instead.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-06-10 08:57 PM
    I had the same problem with my 9700 on Bell network as well, so i went back and exchanged battery because it was defective and wasnt holding charge. The new battery i have is amazing, it lasts about 2 days with high usage.
    02-06-10 09:41 PM
    I bought the 1750 mA battery, and im running 5.0.0.442, I get better results now than i did before.
    02-06-10 09:46 PM
    Also depends on usage.
    02-07-10 01:04 AM
    It is now almost 300 am and I have not touched my phone since 930 pm and it I'd at 50 percent. Don't seem to be getting that good of life.

02-07-10 01:54 AM
    Also depends on usage.
    this is true, but that does seem low because you should be able to get a full day with heavy usage and still have battery left.
    02-07-10 02:08 AM
    Try to drain your battery to 0% and recharge it to 100%, maybe your battery life is after recharging better.
    02-07-10 02:23 AM
    Im trying to run mine down to give it a good charge. Im finiding it difficult though, Im using it like crazy because im still getting used to it, havent charged it in 30 hours and its still showing 3/4 full. Im sure its gona go atleast 4 days like this!
    02-07-10 04:40 AM
    5.0.0.442 is what version I'm running on my T-Mo 9700.

2 days ago I switched to 2G only and I'm thinking that it's going to stay that way. The day before I went 2G only, I took the phone off the charger in the morning at like 7am and by 8pm the battery was too low for radio use. This has happened numerous times when I'm on 3G, even with full signal.

With the same applications running and all that, when the phone is in 2G only, I can still have 3 bars on the battery icon when I get home at night. I downloaded an app yesterday over the 2G and it was faster than my 3G speeds.

I've kinda given up on 3G. I haven't experienced any speeds worth writing home about. Even when I connect it to my laptop, the speeds are slow as cold molasses.

Mobile Speed Test gave me 169.851 Kbps on EDGE and 181.406 Kbps on 3G. However, the latency is higher on 3G so it feels like longer. Does T-Mos 3G suck that bad or maybe my phone has an issue?
    02-07-10 10:08 AM
    I took my 9700 off the charger at 1230 pm and it is now 800 pm and my battery is at 65 percent. I'm running on bell on 3g. Seems like my battery dies quick compared to other people here.

You are probably in a low signal area. If you are, it eats up your battery talking to the tower. This is normal.
    02-07-10 11:09 AM
    You are probably in a low signal area. If you are, it eats up your battery talking to the tower. This is normal.
    except for the fact that everywhere i live i get the full 5 bars. And the T-Mo coverage map shows I'm in a strong coverage area for 3G.
    02-07-10 11:11 AM
    All things considered....I think some berries are diff that others. I have the same issue and I obsessed about it. I get about 16/18 hrs, max. I did a complete wipe, including app's and started adding them back slowly. Took me about a week to add everything back and ZERO diff. I just decided not to wigg out about it any longer and deal. Batt life is still far better than my 9000, not to mention all the other attributes of the 9700. These are my findings and conclusion, for what it's worth.
    02-07-10 12:04 PM
    Its now been 26 hrs and I didn't use it whilke I was sleeping and its now at like 35 percent.

02-07-10 01:18 PM
    Its now been 26 hrs and I didn't use it whilke I was sleeping and its now at like 35 percent.

So...you've lost 65% over 18 hrs or so. That seems fair to me, all things considered. I'm happy w/not having to charge during a long work day. I'd like more but there's a lots of things I'd like & can't have.

02-07-10 01:38 PM
    All things considered....I think some berries are diff that others. I have the same issue and I obsessed about it. I get about 16/18 hrs, max. I did a complete wipe, including app's and started adding them back slowly. Took me about a week to add everything back and ZERO diff. I just decided not to wigg out about it any longer and deal. Batt life is still far better than my 9000, not to mention all the other attributes of the 9700. These are my findings and conclusion, for what it's worth.
    I have recently wiped my phone because I noticed a decrease in battery life lately. I only re-installed two apps (poynt and weathereye) and did not re-install appworld. I opened my phone at 6am this morning, I have been browsing since 7am, received 6 emails and 7 (short) calls , it's now 5:36 and I am at 75%. I don't know if this will keep up, but I'm pretty impressed with the battery today.

02-07-10 04:38 PM
    I'm going to let the battery drain to 0 and see whether charging it after fixes it

02-07-10 05:42 PM
    5.0.0.442 is what version I'm running on my T-Mo 9700.

2 days ago I switched to 2G only and I'm thinking that it's going to stay that way. The day before I went 2G only, I took the phone off the charger in the morning at like 7am and by 8pm the battery was too low for radio use. This has happened numerous times when I'm on 3G, even with full signal.

With the same applications running and all that, when the phone is in 2G only, I can still have 3 bars on the battery icon when I get home at night. I downloaded an app yesterday over the 2G and it was faster than my 3G speeds.

I've kinda given up on 3G. I haven't experienced any speeds worth writing home about. Even when I connect it to my laptop, the speeds are slow as cold molasses.

Mobile Speed Test gave me 169.851 Kbps on EDGE and 181.406 Kbps on 3G. However, the latency is higher on 3G so it feels like longer. Does T-Mos 3G suck that bad or maybe my phone has an issue?
    finally i think someone who agrees with me

i don't get great battery in im on long island new york. i have been using the edge and i've been messing with my phone all day on EDGE and i have 75% left if i was on 3G it would be way less i don't know why i have a problem too. but call me crazy i think the EDGE data load on BB browser faster than 3G

lets put it this way i would load 3G web with low quality text and images and it was slow and i took off images.

now on EDGE i thought it was faster and then i put load images back on and im not complaining

BTW by last berry was a 8310 curve (AT&T) and i was satisfied with the browser and that was EDGE only
    02-07-10 06:26 PM
    anyone know of a task manager app like the way windows works
    02-07-10 06:27 PM
    I have MSN, Opera, wifi all on and my battery lasts 2 days of constant web browsing and messging. Dont use it to phone much though which helps.
    02-07-10 07:04 PM
    I also have the same problem with my battery and am on the bell network, it was fully charged at 9 am and by 4 o'clock was down to 35% and all I did was send a few texts. a bell employee told me that he gets about 2 days on his 9700 and said to show him my bill and he will exchange the battery. So that's what I'm doing tomorrow

02-07-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD