I may be just worrying too soon but here's my problem. I received a replacement phone on Wednesday. An hour after having it I couldn't connect to the network and it said I had to upgrade to a data package. (this is after having already activated the phone and downloading some apps) On phone for an hour with Tech Support and couldn't fix so she thought was just bad hardware. Took to local Verizon store and "magically" it started working again..............cut to today.......The screen has been fairly hard to push so today I finally adjusted the torx screws on the back. After getting down to 30% battery I hooked it up to the USB on my computer and then after about 20 mins I went to use it and it wouldn't respond properly. Did a battery pull and it wouldn't turn on. Thought maybe the battery managed to die while on the USB, even though that seemed illogical. So about 20 mins ago I hooked it up to the wall charger and all I get now is a black screen with a busy icon in the middle. (think you get it every time you restart) Soooooo.....has it just not been plugged in long enough? Could adjusting the screws have messed it up? Is it just a piece o' sh** that Verizon sent me? Thanks.
    02-06-10 03:02 PM
    was it a refurbished device? I had some bad luck myself with the refurbished ones i got, for some reason it wouldnt connect to BIS, then the next one the screen was super hard to push, then the next one it sounded like something was loose inside, so after 3 devices within 3 months they gave me a brand new one. Dont put up with it if you are not happy with it, this is an expensive phone and has an expensive monthly plan..dont put up with a phone that your not happy with
    02-06-10 03:26 PM
    Its a refurb.....but according to the Rep at the Corporate store, "they are as good as new"....my a$$. Still on charger and still at the black screen with "working" or "busy" icon. Does removing that water sticker over the torx screw void it? I've read here before that its not suppose to.
    02-06-10 03:32 PM
    bring it back to Verizon store and do the exchange
    02-06-10 04:07 PM
    Just exchange it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 04:29 PM
    dramatic? No. Refurb not right? Yes. If it were me, I'd be at Verizon or on the phone with CS for another replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD