OOAKDPC 95X0 464v2 Hybrid

This is still a work in progress, please keep that in mind. These are all the files I've been able to make work so far.

I have decided not to make the installer

Un-Shrunk Versions
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/OneOfaK...v2unshrunk.rar -zip

Shrunk Versions
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/OneOfaK...idv2shrunk.rar -zip

this is the entire 459 java folder,
    9 .451
    117 .464 files
    with bbm 5.0.0.57, app world, facebook, docs to go etc...

It is only the java, apps, and tools folders

Installation:

Install your base:

9530 users: 419

9500 users: 451

9520 users: 436

9550 users: 428

delete the java folder in the base OS from your pc
    (You can find the OS folders in X:/Program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/your os)

install the hybrid (with the installer version you have to choose the os folder to install to)

Shows .464 in the Help>About Screen

For more help with installation please check out this...

Oneofakinddpc hybrid install instructions

ENJOY!
    02-06-10 12:20 PM
    what's new on this version One?
    02-06-10 12:53 PM
    previous full java was .451 this is .459 from the looks of it

maybe from the curve 8530 os if i'm not mistaken...
    Last edited by just1083; 02-06-10 at 01:23 PM.
    02-06-10 01:17 PM
    previous full java was .451 this is .459 from the looks of it

maybe from the curve 8530 os if i'm not mistaken...
    that's correct, the files seems to work pretty well. They are off of the same 4.2 platform as the Storm
    02-06-10 02:08 PM
    nice job on this hybrid... maybe next will see that rumored 5.0.0.5xxx OS Verizon is testing...
    Last edited by UGAstorm; 02-06-10 at 02:23 PM.
    02-06-10 02:20 PM
    that's correct, the files seems to work pretty well. They are off of the same 4.2 platform as the Storm
    That's new. Can't wait to get home to try it.
    02-06-10 02:46 PM
    Installed it. Thanks for the work put into this buddy. I will post some feedback after a bit of use.
    02-06-10 02:54 PM
    nice job on this hybrid... maybe next will see that 5.0.0.5xxx OS Verizon is testing...
    That would be awesome, I'd love to see it.
    02-06-10 03:17 PM
    I can't keep up with you guys between you and seanren I go back and forth..I wanna try this but haven't given seanrens v4 enough time yet..Hope it goes well for you looking forward to positive feedback on this..
    02-06-10 03:20 PM
    I can't keep up with you guys between you and seanren I go back and forth..I wanna try this but haven't given seanrens v4 enough time yet..Hope it goes well for you looking forward to positive feedback on this..

Same here. I actually had better battery life with OOAKD's so I'll probably five this one a try too, but t I need to give Sean's v4 a little more time.

Thanks for all the hardwork OAK. Keep it up.
    02-06-10 03:25 PM
    nice job on this hybrid... Maybe next will see that rumored 5.0.0.5xxx os verizon is testing... :d
    source on this ???
    02-06-10 05:42 PM
    Now if only a radio would come out that would let me watch my movies again... I'm surprised OOAK and most of the other hybrids are based on .428 considering that its media playback is crippled.
    02-06-10 06:28 PM
    any feedback on how it is running?? i have seans v4 on right now but always willing to try something else out
    02-06-10 07:19 PM
    Now if only a radio would come out that would let me watch my movies again... I'm surprised OOAK and most of the other hybrids are based on .428 considering that its media playback is crippled.
    haven't had any problems with any of my media, what are you having problems with just out of curiosity?
    02-06-10 08:34 PM
    i have had this installed for about 30 minutes now...everything works perfect, the click screen is good, signal is strong, no keyboard lag, battery barely moved after doing the three bat pulls which is a first for me. looks great, good job!
    02-06-10 09:09 PM
    I was on v4 as well. Went t this one and it seems better. Boot u was Faster for me. Seems very stable. No mem loss. Click is good. All of my apps work so far. Will report on battery life after a day or two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 09:27 PM
    i have had this installed for about 30 minutes now...everything works perfect, the click screen is good, signal is strong, no keyboard lag, battery barely moved after doing the three bat pulls which is a first for me. looks great, good job!
    I was on v4 as well. Went t this one and it seems better. Boot u was Faster for me. Seems very stable. No mem loss. Click is good. All of my apps work so far. Will report on battery life after a day or two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Awesome, sounds like a good start. Thanks for the feedback, keep me posted.
    02-06-10 09:38 PM
    Just a quick question? I want to install it, but what's the difference with the shrunk and unshrunk version? How do you decide which one to load? Sorry, newbie here. Thanks in advance.
    02-06-10 09:56 PM
    I havent had any issues with this either...

Also, swapping radios with these new OS's and Leaks does not work as far as I know --- RIM put an end to that
    If Im wrong about this, someone let me know

So far so good with this V2 --- loved the first one except for the Keyboard lag every now and then ---

Hey OOAKDPC...how do you feel about using the .320 virtual keyboard .COD -- it never lagged when I had that OS ---- I did notice that the .320 keyboard file size is smaller...???

let me know!
    02-06-10 10:08 PM
    Just a quick question? I want to install it, but what's the difference with the shrunk and unshrunk version? How do you decide which one to load? Sorry, newbie here. Thanks in advance.
    The shrunk down version has certain components removed to save on space. You're best bet is to go unshrunk and then use shrink an os to shrink out what you dont want.
    02-06-10 10:13 PM
    I havent had any issues with this either...

Also, swapping radios with these new OS's and Leaks does not work as far as I know --- RIM put an end to that
    If Im wrong about this, someone let me know

So far so good with this V2 --- loved the first one except for the Keyboard lag every now and then ---

Hey OOAKDPC...how do you feel about using the .320 virtual keyboard .COD -- it never lagged when I had that OS ---- I did notice that the .320 keyboard file size is smaller...???

let me know!
    Sadly it won't work, that cod is too old for the 428 radio.
    02-06-10 10:29 PM
    I just installed the unshrunk version I run shrink-a-os and left:
    Facebook
    Gmail
    BB Maps
    Default Ringtones
    deselected and after hitting the shrink my os button it shows the "before shrink" and "after shrink" as 126.57 mb.
    Isn't that wiered?

Anyway I installed the unshrunk v2 hybrid and selected during the install only bb maps and it loaded without any problem. Memory was about 140MB.
    I then reinstalled my Applications:
    Doc To Go.
    PDF To Go.
    Smart Guard.
    Capture It.
    Calls Blocker.
    YouTube.
    StopTilt.
    Weatherbug.
    Opera Mini
    and restored my setting, Memory is stable at 130MB

Here is what I found:
    1. Boot time is only 2 minutes. This a big improvement.
    2. Click-ability is much smoother than previous version.
    3. Yes, the browser is amazing fast, much faster than opera this time.
    4. Applications opening is generally pretty fast.
    5. have not notice any keyboard lag.
    6. That's all without a single battery pull.
    7. Battery life will need at least 48 hours to show how good it is.
    My first impression, this hybrid is not just a slight improvement for the v1. It is a big jump from the v1.
    Everyone there, if you think about trying it, just do it. It is worth every single second you spend on installing it.
    Last edited by romman; 02-06-10 at 10:58 PM.
    02-06-10 10:56 PM
    I just installed the unshrunk version I run shrink-a-os and left:
    Facebook
    Gmail
    BB Maps
    Default Ringtones
    deselected and after hitting the shrink my os button it shows the "before shrink" and "after shrink" as 126.57 mb.
    Isn't that wiered?

Anyway I installed the unshrunk v2 hybrid and selected during the install only bb maps and it loaded without any problem. Memory was about 140MB.
    I then reinstalled my Applications:
    Doc To Go.
    PDF To Go.
    Smart Guard.
    Capture It.
    Calls Blocker.
    YouTube.
    StopTilt.
    Weatherbug.
    Opera Mini
    and restored my setting, Memory is stable at 130MB

Here is what I found:
    1. Boot time is only 2 minutes. This a big improvement.
    2. Click-ability is much smoother than previous version.
    3. Yes, the browser is amazing fast, much faster than opera this time.
    4. Applications opening is generally pretty fast.
    5. have not notice any keyboard lag.
    6. That's all without a single battery pull.
    7. Battery life will need at least 48 hours to show how good it is.
    My first impression, this hybrid is not just a slight improvement for the v1. It is a big jump from the v1.
    Everyone there, if you think about trying it, just do it. It is worth every single second you spend on installing it.

Nice! I do believe the boot time will increase --- hopefully not!

Just a bit of advice here --- after installing a Hybrid and it loads up the first time -- you should always fo 3 consecutive 60 second physical battery pulls.
    Take battery out, wait one minute -- insert battery - boot repeat

:-) this ensures a perfect installation of all modules. Ive also heard it helps calibrate the battery with the new OS but I havent confirmed that. :-)
    02-06-10 11:17 PM
    Sadly it won't work, that cod is too old for the 428 radio.
    Darn --- Im glad I didnt try it --I was waiting to hear from you -- glad I waited.

thanx man!
    02-06-10 11:18 PM
    too many hybrids too choose from I'm going to run seans v4 for a few days more before i try.
    02-06-10 11:33 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD