I bought an Unlocked Blackberry Storm about 3 months ago , let me tell you , for all the money and trouble I've gone through with this thing It is the biggest piece of junk EVER !

I don't need all this hassle , battery pulls , memory leaks ,locking up, freezing ect...

Why ? why would I want to go through all that ?

I'm getting an Iphone . Like I should of done to begin with .

This phone is a wanna be smart phone !

RIM this, Rim that . Hooey !
    I can't believe I wasted all this time messing with this TURD .

I will say that this is a great site and its a great source of info.

BUT ......

I'm outta here.
    02-06-10 11:52 AM
    been there done that, you won't regret getting an iPhone...
    02-06-10 12:06 PM
    I will give you $50 for the Storm....seriously.
    02-06-10 12:17 PM
    I will give you $50 for the Storm....seriously.
    Let me think about it ..

I might just take a video of me smashing the *%#% out of it with a BFH and post it on youtube just for the satisfaction .

But then again i'm done wasting my time with this JUNK. so I'll let you know.
    02-06-10 12:23 PM
    Lets us know here in this forum how the IPhone works for you. Because you sure wont be able to make a phone call. HAHA!
    02-06-10 12:28 PM
    Lets us know here in this forum how the IPhone works for you. Because you sure wont be able to make a phone call. HAHA!
    Sure , I will definitely let you all how it works out..

Not sure if I know what you mean about not being able to make a call???
    02-06-10 12:33 PM
    Just what we need another troll thread. Go buy your IPhone and quit whining. You obviously have no clue what you're doing with your phone and your frustrated. If your OS is loaded correct these phones work just fine. Their are folks that own iphones and they have complaints about them too. Bottom line is what set of problems would you like to whine about? Apple or BlackBerry? I've had my Storm for awhile now. No memory leaks and no battery pulls. Works just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 01:06 PM
    <yawn> enjoy
    02-06-10 01:10 PM
    lol, i feel sorry for you. but you should had gotten the s2. No freeze here do to more memory.
    02-06-10 01:21 PM
    I was saying the same thing (except the iPhone part...yuck!), but still this morning I called VZW and ordered the Storm2. Not that my Storm one has been perfect, but it hasn't been bad and it's held up well for over a year. The S2 will hold me over until LTE.

It was actually kind of funny though...while I was on hold with Verizon this AM to order the S2 my S1 did a random reboot. It has NEVER done a random in a phone call before...weird! I almost didn't call back thinking maybe I don't want the S2, but I did it anyway.
    02-06-10 02:27 PM
    My Storm is Dead , nuked , wont boot. for no reason ? 3 months old .I've had it ! no more.

Searching these threads for a fix , I'm thinking wow, I'm not the only one. why ?why should I even go through this?

I must be ******** for using a Storm on At&t with its dial-up speed .

If you follow these forums you don't have to read many threads to realize the storm has many problems . Thanks to all the good people that post fixes on here, they are a wealth of info.

I just don't have the desire to jack around with my phone to get it to work like it should.
    Last edited by Arrowhead428; 02-06-10 at 02:42 PM. Reason: grm
    02-06-10 02:41 PM
    Sure , I will definitely let you all how it works out..

Not sure if I know what you mean about not being able to make a call???
    If you lived in New York you'd understand. Blackberries on AT&T will make phone calls in lounges that iPhones have no bars in. It's a piece of crap.
    02-06-10 02:48 PM
    you bought a phone not meant to work on your network.....big surprise it doesn't work as well as it should. Its on a subpar network to boot in many places.
    02-06-10 02:53 PM
    thats exactly what you need-an iphone. I bet in a month you'll be back on here complaining about it too. I had a Storm, and an 8310, and an 8100, and an 8900, and a 9000, and a 9700-all on AT&T and never had a problem with any of them. They are great devices, but, they are only as good as the person operating them............
    02-06-10 02:57 PM
    storm 1 is amazing with all updates done....(.451) who ever doesnt think so u just dont know what ur doing and should use a rotary phone like in 1942

cuz yes u r a stronzo
    02-06-10 03:06 PM
    I have a storm on .328. I guess I should try the .451 and see how that works.

02-06-10 04:08 PM
    Well I had have as many phones as many here, I had an iPhone, Nokia, Sony Ericsson. And i'm not going to complain at any of them, all have their good stuff,
    Sony Ericsson: gaming and style,
    Nokia: the best camera-phone I ever had and style plus one of my first MP3 Enable phone with the multimedia buttons.
    iPhone: Pretty fast, don't battery pulls needed, and really good in APPS.
    Blackberry: Well what can I said, I had a Pearl(9100,9120,9130,9220(Flip)), Curve (8310,8320,8330,8350i(Nextel),8530) and Storm 1,2 so far...

I Think is up to every person of what they like, and of course I had problems with all!!! that includes the iPhone and the Blackberry that is the ones in board here, but if you keep them up the date and trash-free (Apps and tools you dont need) everything works just fine, one thing i never use AT&T, only T-mobile,Sprint, Nextel and Telcel (Mexico), and no problem with any of them in any carrier!!

But you need to look the configurations and necessary work-arounds to have everything working, So good luck with your iPhone...
    02-06-10 04:16 PM
    I must be ******** ... .
    Self diagnosis. It's important that you be smarter than the phone, so you'll probably enjoy an iPhone ... have a good friend with one. It has a few thousand neat farting apps and takes fairly good pictures. It even lets her make phone calls, occasionally.
    02-07-10 09:11 AM
    I think a simple goodbye would suffice. But I will add, you'll be back.
    02-07-10 09:18 AM
    i like doughnuts

02-07-10 09:38 AM
    you bought a phone not meant to work on your network.....big surprise it doesn't work as well as it should. Its on a subpar network to boot in many places.
    You're correct in your assessment. A sub-par phone on a sub-par network equals a resounding fail every time!
    02-07-10 09:53 AM
    Aside from non gmail accounts, bb is increasingly becoming a dated platform

Sad

02-07-10 11:32 AM
    Aside from non gmail accounts, bb is increasingly becoming a dated platform

Sad

With no IMAP folder support on non gmail accounts, bb already IS a dated platform!
    02-07-10 11:35 AM
    I've upgraded to iPhone, and so far I love it. I miss the ability to background my work, but I'm hoping that Apple will include this in the 4.0 firmware.
    02-07-10 11:37 AM
    I was saying the same thing (except the iPhone part...yuck!), but still this morning I called VZW and ordered the Storm2. Not that my Storm one has been perfect, but it hasn't been bad and it's held up well for over a year. The S2 will hold me over until LTE.

It was actually kind of funny though...while I was on hold with Verizon this AM to order the S2 my S1 did a random reboot. It has NEVER done a random in a phone call before...weird! I almost didn't call back thinking maybe I don't want the S2, but I did it anyway.
    It knows what's coming!!
    02-08-10 11:32 AM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD