I would like to use my storm in my car so it would be nice to use a fm tuner to connect to my stereo. I have a new Honda Pilot and it would cost $200 just for professional to install one 3.5mm cable. I would do it myself but Im afraid of f* up my new car. Any help would be great. Thanks
    02-06-10 02:14 AM
    No to the app, that would require an FM transmitter in your Storm, which it doesn't have.

For around $20 or so, you can purchase a plug-in FM transmitter that can stream music through your vehicle's stereo. There are also versions that can plug into the car's cigarette lighter, which will bypass the need to carry batteries.

Some of the transmitters can be overwhelmed in metropolitan areas, so a unit with more station selections is recommended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-06-10 at 03:28 AM.
    02-06-10 03:25 AM
    I haven't had a lot of success with FM transmitters.

I don't know about Honda Pilots, but I would assume a new one would have an input jack somewhere. Can't believe it would be $200 to just plug in a cable.
    02-06-10 08:02 AM
    I've seen an infomercial for a device called the Jupiter Jack. Not sure of the sound quality but it should do what you want. Also check out Radio Shack and Pep Boys. In both places I've seen devices that transmit wirelessly to your radio. You plug these devices into your audio jack and then play whatever is on your phone then. Also some of these devices are capable of playing files from a thumb drive. It isn't necessary to replace your radio unless you can't get the sound quality you're looking for.
    02-06-10 08:11 AM
    I would like to use my storm in my car so it would be nice to use a fm tuner to connect to my stereo.
    I use a Belkin TuneCast FM transmitter with my 8220. It's not stellar, but it's far better than the cheapo $15 transmitters and it has decent bass response. To get it to sound its best, there's a few things you need to do: 1) go to Belkin's "my best FM stations" page to find the best local channels to use, 2) put a 6 foot long headphone extension cable between the TuneCast and your phone, and 3) crank your Storm volume WAY up to like 85%. All of these will ensure the TuneCast sends a nice strong signal to your car antenna.
    02-06-10 08:30 AM
    Radio Shack sells a $40 FM transmitter by Gigaware that I use. It's a digital read, and scans for the best frequency for use. I don't get static, or interference, even in Metro areas. I highly reccomend it.
    02-06-10 09:56 AM
    Are you saying your pilot doesn't have an fm tuner?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 10:37 PM
    I've seen an infomercial for a device called the Jupiter Jack. Not sure of the sound quality but it should do what you want. Also check out Radio Shack and Pep Boys. In both places I've seen devices that transmit wirelessly to your radio. You plug these devices into your audio jack and then play whatever is on your phone then. Also some of these devices are capable of playing files from a thumb drive. It isn't necessary to replace your radio unless you can't get the sound quality you're looking for.
    The Jupiter Jack is the worse invention possible. It was advertised by the ad guy who died, but it's a bad idea because it uses FM frequencies to broadcast what comes out of your phone's 3.5mm jack. Now technically speaking, this is about the same thing that a normal FM transmitter does, but this product is advertised as something you should use when making calls... imagine if someone was in range and tuned into the same channel. Bad move...
    02-06-10 10:50 PM
    I have a 2008 Honda Civic, and my car has a jack that one can use to connect an MP3 player. All I need to do is attach my BlackBerry to the jack using a 3.5mm male to male cable. According to Honda's Web site, your Pilot has an MP3/Aux jack. 2010 Honda Pilot - Audio - Official Honda Web Site

I use one of these to connect my BlackBerry to my MP3 jack on my car.
    Last edited by lak611; 02-06-10 at 11:01 PM.
    02-06-10 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD