Need some help. Downloaded BB maps, but ther is no icon or no maps, just something called a "ribbon"???? Tried it twice from the !! Site, same thing. What is a ribbon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 11:11 PM
    Need some help. Downloaded BB maps, but ther is no icon or no maps, just something called a "ribbon"???? Tried it twice from the !! Site, same thing. What is a ribbon?

Google "BB maps launcher". This is your icon for bb maps

02-05-10 11:35 PM
    you have at&t just like i do which is why u can't use bb maps i think it has something to do with at&t's service books that wont allow you to use that app. they would rather u use their navigation app or whatever. i never cared for bb maps i use google maps as an alturnitive and i found that the GPs locks on quicker and i have more options then when i was using bb maps so yea idk what a ribbon is but bb maps for at&t users is just a pipe dream......
    02-05-10 11:36 PM
    you have at&t just like i do which is why u can't use bb maps i think it has something to do with at&t's service books that wont allow you to use that app. they would rather u use their navigation app or whatever. i never cared for bb maps i use google maps as an alturnitive and i found that the GPs locks on quicker and i have more options then when i was using bb maps so yea idk what a ribbon is but bb maps for at&t users is just a pipe dream......
    See my post above. It may be installed on your phone, but its hidden by AT&T. This acts as a "launcher" for Maps. Remember, nothing's a pipe dream with your Crackberry

02-05-10 11:44 PM
    By ribbon u mean lbs_ribbon.... That allows the AT&T bb 9000 to be able to use bb maps and have an icon for it.

Go to mobile.blackberry.com from ur bb

Click on maps and follow the screens to download lbs_ribbon....

And PS a search of the ribbon file would have shown u this tutorial like 20 times....

02-06-10 04:01 AM
    did a battery pull. all is well.the app is pretty good. may use it, only reloaded it so smart guard could use it for GPS tracking, I will still use my Google map more than likely.
    02-06-10 06:54 PM
    some how I missed that particular search,which is why I posted the question, if my lack of search query annoyed you, maybe you should have let someone else help me since you were bothered by my lack finding an answer. I read all the BB map links, did not think the ribbon would have a link,lighten up!!
    02-06-10 07:18 PM
    google maps serves me better. never tried bb maps.
    02-06-10 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD