I have a storm 2 on the verizon network and for the past month my phone goes from full charge to completely dead over night while im sleeping. At first i thought maybe the phone or battery were defective but thats not the case. I noticed that when im at home my phone is constantly trying to connect to the net, and that my BBM and browser or any internet service on my phone completely shuts down. This causes my phone to constantly try to reconnect to these apps which in turn drains my battery. Outside of my home, the phone and internet work fine. The strange thing is that for the past 6 months the phone and internet worked great, but in the past month this began to occur. According to verizon there isnt an outage and all i keep hearing is to do a damn battery pull! Does anyone know what might be causing this problem; oh and even when im home the phone still displays a 3G signal, but still does not connect. Someone please help!!
    02-05-10 08:53 PM
    Under mobile network options under connections make sure network technology is set to 1XEV, not global. Also try doing a *228 option 2.
    02-05-10 08:57 PM
    i did, i changed it from global to 1xev, and i did the roaming update, still doesnt work...
    02-05-10 08:59 PM
    You must just be on the outskirts of a solid network connection. I would turn off the radios or put the phone in standby when sleeping to avoid this. If you rely on an alarm on your BB, it will wake up from standby to sound the alarm.
    Last edited by bighap; 02-05-10 at 09:12 PM.
    02-05-10 09:10 PM
    If this problem began when i moved in i wouldnt mind, but the connection worked fine for the past 6 months, but this problem began just recently, im sure there is an issue, either with my phone or the network
    02-05-10 09:19 PM
    As a temporary solution, Why not charge it during the night when it seems to be draining, that way when you wake up in the morning, it will be fully charged and ready for the day?
    02-05-10 09:25 PM
    I was hoping to get a resolution so that I can actually receive blackberry messages and other instant messages and emails at home, rather than have to log onto my computer to check them.
    02-05-10 09:31 PM
    As a long shot, did you happen to add a new electronic piece of equipment to the house about the same time you seemed to have lost your connection? Maybe some kind of electronic noise is weakening the signal??? New cordless phone, new router for your computer??? Just throwing some suggestions out there.
    02-05-10 09:37 PM
    thanks for the input but no, nothing new. Funny thing is that my actual phone connection is great, always full bars, no dropped calls, but my internet displays a 3G yet i cant connect to anything.
    02-05-10 09:38 PM
    Have you tried an OS wipe?
    02-05-10 09:40 PM
    Yes, this was the next thing the tech support suggested after a thousand battery pulls.
    02-05-10 09:43 PM
    So you say the phone and battery aren't defective. Did you have them replaced?
    02-05-10 09:46 PM
    this is my 2nd storm and at this point as soon as the nexus one is available on Verizon im getting rid of the storm, problem after problem, most disappointing blackberry I've owned.
    02-05-10 10:20 PM
    if you have a problem with your battery it might be from bbm. uninstall it, reboot, and install again. just back up your contacts and its fine....i found that it was the cause of a massive! battery drain on my S2.
    02-06-10 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD