I just installed SmrtGuard on my crackberry 9700 but nothing seems to work. I put in my native email but now every 10 minutes or so i get an email that says

<$RemoveOnDelivery,SuppressSaveInSentItems> SmrtGuard WebCommands

1 Attachment

locate.bfaction (186)

So far these are the things I've checked
    1. Made sure on the smrtguard account website my blackberry information was up to date
    2. PIN is correct
    3. Native email used
    4. All permissions set to allow

Please help. Thnx
    02-05-10 04:50 PM
    Did you set up your account to back up daily?
    02-05-10 05:50 PM
    Kwammi - I'm having the same problems when trying to send the web commands. Finally broke down and sent an email to smart guard support. Waiting for a resolution and will post back here once I have an answer.

UPDATE - Larry from CS has been great and worked with me to resolve my problem. Seems that as I was a beta user last year my account was in conflict with what had been recently downloaded. Larry cleared my previous account, I re-installed the app and everything is working as it should.
    Last edited by ReeseyKups; 02-09-10 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Resolution to problem
    02-05-10 05:51 PM
    Same problem here. Looking forward to your answer!
    02-06-10 12:00 AM
    Hi,
    I've also installed this app and while testing each of the features (all working as described) I'm also getting the same emails.

I've assumed this are how SMRTGUARD communicates with my 9700 and provide a simple the audit trail of actions.

If this is the case, then I'll setup a filter in my gmail account on to park these away from my inbox.
    02-06-10 02:42 AM
    East Fix:
    Go into email settings.
    Make a new email using your @blackberry.net account
    Go to your smrtguard account
    Use that email address as your device email address

You'll never see these emails again.
    02-06-10 02:55 AM
    My BIS email is @o2email.co.uk, this worked about 2 months ago.
    I now have the email appearing in my inbox like others.
    02-06-10 07:48 AM
    Besides the emails, the "locate my phone" function doesn't work. All it does is send me one of those emails. I'm thinking the attachment (always ends in .bfaction) is supposed to trigger something with the SmrtGuard app on the phone.
    02-06-10 12:31 PM
    Im having the same issues as above. This program worked great while i beta tested it but now i get those stupid email. any help would be great please
    02-07-10 08:03 AM
    What about permissions? Did you check those? Sounds like the app isn't intercepting the emails like it should.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 10:23 AM
    I set all my permissions to ALLOW. Disabled my Firewall. Did a battery pull. Reactivated the software. Did another battery pull.

I don't know about anyone else; but I used to use the Beta version. Whenever I sign into the website I get a message that I need to renew which is only for the paid "Pro" version. Wondering if my issues are due to smrtguard not recognizing me as a "free" customer
    02-07-10 11:59 AM
    If you previously beta tested or subscribed to SmrtGuard and did not uninstall the app after beta testing or your subscription has ended, then the app should work just fine. If you happened uninstall the app after beta testing or your subscription has ended then that's where I believe the problems arise. In any case, I would contact SmrtGuard and see what they have to say problems you are experiencing.
    02-08-10 01:06 PM
    already have. Got an auto reply. Waiting to see if they follow up any further.
    02-08-10 02:12 PM
    already have. Got an auto reply. Waiting to see if they follow up any further.
    Keep us posted.
    02-08-10 03:15 PM
    A little update on the situation. Emailed support regarding the problem and this is the reply

Can you check something for me:

Make sure the application are permissioned to be "Allowed" on your BlackBerry.
    Goto Options->Advance Options->Applications-> find and select SmrtGuard and then
    select "edit permissions". Make sure all the item listed are "Allowed". Save any
    setting changes, do a battery pull. And then try again.

Support @ SmrtGuard
    So far I've tried that and it does not make a difference. I sorta speculate it has to do with the other programs I've installed though.

Some of the suspects I think may be screwing with things.
    Vlingo
    Aerize Alerts
    Beejive
    Tweetgenius

Will try to delete some of these to see if smrtguard will run. Update you guys as soon as I know.
    02-08-10 04:35 PM
    I just gave up and paid $3.99 for a month of "Pro" services. Now everything is working fine. We'll see what happens when my month is up. Hopefully it will allow me to continue in "free" mode.
    02-08-10 05:08 PM
    I have had the same problems. Talked back and forth with support all day. Did everything I was supposed to do. I'm thinking it has something to do with if you beta tested it and didn't subscribe. There is something not allowing it to work right from their side. Because your account is not renewed. My $0.02.
    Last edited by Chas71; 02-08-10 at 10:54 PM. Reason: spelling. LOL
    02-08-10 10:54 PM
    I just gave up and paid $3.99 for a month of "Pro" services. Now everything is working fine. We'll see what happens when my month is up. Hopefully it will allow me to continue in "free" mode.
    I have thought about trying that. I just want to see if they can fix it first.
    02-08-10 11:04 PM
    So is the best way to fix it is to purchase 1 month's subscription?
    02-09-10 05:38 PM
    Originally posted by Kwammi
    Some of the suspects I think may be screwing with things.
    Vlingo
    Aerize Alerts
    Beejive
    Tweetgenius
    I don't have any of these but I do have Viigo.

If it helps I never used the Beta version and only signed up for the free version a few days ago.

I also setup a native blackberry.net from the beginning.
    02-11-10 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD