I recently installed OS 5.0.0.442 which was posted on the very first thread of the forum. I haven't had any issues with it until recently.

When I try a soft reset, I get the red indicator light as usual, but instead of resetting, I get a message on my screen that says something along the lines of "Media card installed. All media will be copied onto the device." After this dialog box goes away, the device does NOT reset. Any ideas on why the soft reset no longer works?
    02-05-10 02:19 PM
    You doing an alt + right shift + delete? This is what I do. Not having any issue on .442.
    02-05-10 07:25 PM
    I recently installed OS 5.0.0.442 which was posted on the very first thread of the forum. I haven't had any issues with it until recently.

When I try a soft reset, I get the red indicator light as usual, but instead of resetting, I get a message on my screen that says something along the lines of "Media card installed. All media will be copied onto the device." After this dialog box goes away, the device does NOT reset. Any ideas on why the soft reset no longer works?
    Having the same issue with .442
    02-05-10 07:42 PM
    I not not have this issue on .442

It resets for me.
    02-05-10 08:29 PM
    I get the same thing every now and again... and I've had it on every OS build released for the 9700.

If my screen hasn't gone blank by the time the red led goes out, I just Alt-Right Shfit-Del again.

Always works the 2nd time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 08:54 PM
    double click alt + right shift + delete instead of single click alt. This works for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 11:08 PM
    i have this also on newer os. i revert back to .405 everything is a-ok now..
    02-06-10 04:26 AM
    Well, turns out the back-to-back soft reset (alt+right shift+del) does the trick. Still not sure why my BB isn't resetting the first time I input the command, but oh well...
    02-06-10 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD