Just downloaded! Has a lot of features for being FREE!!!

From CB blog:

For the whopping price of $0.00, you get all of these features FREE for LIFE:

Find my BlackBerry
    Remote Data Wipe
    Remote Listen (Remote Call Fwd) - Yes, you can remote call fwd your BlackBerry to another number in case you left it at home!
    Add a Loved-one as a tracker (have your loved one get SmrtGuard, and add yourself so you can track each other) -> aka the Valentine's Day gift of trust
    Personal Guardian and SIMCard Guardian

Download link:

Try SmrtGuard Risk Free
    02-05-10 02:19 PM
    I downloaded it and will play with it over the weekend and let you know. One thing I don't like already is that it doesn't use Google Maps, only BB Maps.

It's NOT completely FREE.

SmrtGuard Pro Data & Device Protection consists of:

Backup Personal Information Wirelessly
    Restore, Migrate Personal Data Wirelessly

$44.99/year
    Last edited by TheBronx; 02-05-10 at 02:51 PM.
    02-05-10 02:43 PM
    I downloaded it and will play with it over the weekend and let you know. One thing I don't like already is that it doesn't use Google Maps, only BB Maps.

It's NOT completely FREE.

SmrtGuard Pro Data & Device Protection consists of:

Backup Personal Information Wirelessly
    Restore, Migrate Personal Data Wirelessly

$44.99/year
    No, I don't think the blog post claimed that was one of the "free" features. Data wipe, remote listen, find my phone, and loved-one tracker are free, as far as I understand.
    02-05-10 03:01 PM
    In BOLD from blogs....

OK CrackBerry Nation, listen up. This is one I'm pretty dang excited about. If you're a reader of CrackBerry.com you're likely familiar with SmrtGuard by now as we've talked about it a bunch of times since it was still in beta. SmrtGuard, a BES for BIS application so to speak, is known for its "Find my BlackBerry" functionality along with Remote Data Wipe and OTA Data Backup / Restore features. It's definitely one of those must-have apps for BlackBerry BIS customers, but it has always been a must-have app with a price. But there's good news... the folks at SmrtGuard have now rolled out the SmrtGuard-Free version so it's an app we all can now afford.
    For the whopping price of $0.00, you get all of these features FREE for LIFE:

• Find my BlackBerry
    • Remote Data Wipe
    • Remote Listen (Remote Call Fwd) - Yes, you can remote call fwd your BlackBerry to another number in case you left it at home!
    • Add a Loved-one as a tracker (have your loved one get SmrtGuard, and add yourself so you can track each other) -> aka the Valentine's Day gift of trust
    • Personal Guardian and SIMCard Guardian

Did I mention you get all of that FOR FREE?! Oh yeah, you also get their secure data back-up and migration (in case you are switching from Android to BlackBerry or vice versa) features for 30 Days, which comes standard in their premium version of SmrtGuard Pro. To get SmrtGuard-Free, just follow the link below and enter your email address to be sent the link. This is one of those apps I really think every BlackBerry user should have installed and running, so be sure to spread the word.
    02-05-10 03:32 PM
    r.i.f.

02-05-10 03:56 PM
    So, does anyone have experience using either this version or the paid version? I DL'ed it and got it started up. Also accessed the website that you can use for remote tracking.

If you're tracking your own phone (or your spouse/sig. other's phone with that feature), is it pretty much always tracking it, or do you have to turn it on? When I requested to track where I was, it sent an email to my Gmail account (which rang an alert on my BB) every time I started or stopped tracking. That could be a little bit annoying to deal with, so I hope there's a way to turn that off.

Looks pretty cool in general. I did notice that the PC interface uses Google Maps to track (which is better), while the BB uses BBMaps, and I found that a little strange.
    02-05-10 04:04 PM
    I really like it, its pretty neat.
    A friend has a similar thing on his iphone, you could sent a message to your phone too if it had been stolen, a nice touch.
    02-05-10 04:15 PM
    Problem #1: In order for the ICE (In Case of Emergency) feature to work you have to disable the left convenience key

Problem #2: In order to use Where Have I Been you need BlackBerry Maps and it isn't available for OS5.0
    02-05-10 07:29 PM
    There are a few issues with it, but for the price, it's pretty nifty. The remote listen makes me feel like a spy. There are sooooo many situations that this could be useful and/or fun. The locate is pretty cool. All in all, pretty happy I d/l'ed it.
    02-05-10 08:28 PM
    ive noticed that theres an extra email address in the options menu. i did some searching and found other similar incidents. can anyone else verify that they too have this email address in the options. its not on my BIS, no service book for it....its just listed.

[email protected]

i googled it and came across the following info
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - [email protected]
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/email-issue-222368/

the email address comes back to this guy..... SoCalCivic.com - View Profile: meCka

anyone got an idea as to whats up with this??? also, hows the battery life with smrtguard always running in the background?
    02-05-10 09:38 PM
    I really love the remote listening feature. Definitely something interesting that I would like to use when I actually need to.
    02-05-10 10:11 PM
    Problem #1: In order for the ICE (In Case of Emergency) feature to work you have to disable the left convenience key

Problem #2: In order to use Where Have I Been you need BlackBerry Maps and it isn't available for OS5.0
    You don't have to disable the left convince key!! Mine has contacts and has the ICE on it and it works fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 10:39 PM
    ive noticed that theres an extra email address in the options menu. i did some searching and found other similar incidents. can anyone else verify that they too have this email address in the options. its not on my BIS, no service book for it....its just listed.

[email protected]

the email address comes back to this guy..... SoCalCivic.com - View Profile: meCka

anyone got an idea as to whats up with this??? also, hows the battery life with smrtguard always running in the background?
    I haven't found any extra emails in mine. I'm wondering about effect on battery too. So far it does seem to have at least some effect but it'll be easier to tell tomorrow after I charge it overnight.

02-05-10 11:45 PM
    if this app is suppose to protect your phone why is it so easy to uninstall? shouldnt there be a password type feature to prevent a simple uninstall? anyway nice app but yes there is a battery drain i can live without the app.
    02-06-10 01:07 AM

[email protected]

The second email address (device email) is actually put in place for you to add you @blackberry.net email (once/if you create one) so you don't see the weird emails in your inbox of your personal email.
    02-06-10 03:02 AM
    On the 9000- memory leak? ICE does work (browser set currently). I've had sound issues with it actually delete the custom tones in a profile

On the S1- the options don't open, email shows up but the phone doesn't do anything with it. ICE did not work with voice dial as the left key

02-06-10 03:32 AM
    Do you have to have a blackberry email? I have a yahoo email account, and everytime i try to activate with my yahoo email, it says an error occured during activation? Can anyone point me in right direction, or shed some light on this for me so that i can get it activated to try this out.? Thanks in advance!
    02-06-10 07:53 AM
    I just created a new blackberry email and set it as my device email.
    02-06-10 10:36 AM
    Do you have to have a blackberry email? I have a yahoo email account, and everytime i try to activate with my yahoo email, it says an error occured during activation? Can anyone point me in right direction, or shed some light on this for me so that i can get it activated to try this out.? Thanks in advance!
    Yes. The SmrtGuard instructions indicate to use your Blackberry email addy.
    02-06-10 11:03 AM
    Alot of wrong info in this thread, you DO NOT need a BB email, all the features listed ARE free and you DO NOT have to disable your conv key.

I do agree that there should be a password to delete because anyone who knows BB will simply delete it if they steal.
    02-06-10 11:07 AM
    If you dont need a bb email, then why cant i get it to work with my yahoo email? Or is that one of the ones it doesnt work with...lol Im confused i guess...
    02-06-10 11:14 AM
    If you dont need a bb email, then why cant i get it to work with my yahoo email? Or is that one of the ones it doesnt work with...lol Im confused i guess...
    Not sure my gmail went right through, I don't even have a BB email. I have been receiving emails to my gmail account from this program when I hit different alerts also.

I just d/l the app about an hour ago and have been playing with it I think it's great.
    02-06-10 11:18 AM
    Uh. Sorry, but some will instruct users to do things improperly because they may have a problem following directions. I happen to own the premium version of this app on 3 family BB's, and the printed instructions indicate to use the BB email addy. There are reasons for the instructions. Although you CAN/MAY possibly get it to work sometimes with a secondary email addy, you will NOT have the "Real time" results when entering commands remotely. Although the BB is the fastest when forwarding emails, the BB email addy is instant.

Please follow the SmrtGuard instructions rather than ad-hoc instructions from other users.
    02-06-10 11:21 AM
    Not sure my gmail went right through, I don't even have a BB email. I have been receiving emails to my gmail account from this program when I hit different alerts also.

I just d/l the app about an hour ago and have been playing with it I think it's great.
    If you have a BlackBerry plan, you should have a BlackBerry email addy. Look at your account on your provider's site, or call them. The BB email is the only INSTANT email addy to use for remote commands. If not used, you will not have instant features available, which is what this app provides.
    02-06-10 11:25 AM

1) it works, just keep pressing :P (i have it enabled and just tested it)

2) it is available, just not from the website. Too bad there are no maps on it for my country

blackberry for NOT seeing the emails (Afer rebooting, after configuring it :P)

if not blackberry, GMAIL.

bb or gmail, no other works.

Uh. Sorry, but some will instruct users to do things improperly because they may have a problem following directions. I happen to own the premium version of this app on 3 family BB's, and the printed instructions indicate to use the BB email addy. There are reasons for the instructions. Although you CAN/MAY possibly get it to work sometimes with a secondary email addy, you will NOT have the "Real time" results when entering commands remotely. Although the BB is the fastest when forwarding emails, the BB email addy is instant.

Please follow the SmrtGuard instructions rather than ad-hoc instructions from other users.
    bb mail is the fastest and more functional. Gmail works but you keep the "garbage emails" (if you use gmail filters to prevent it, it dosnt work).

i didnt have a bb addy, i created it today :P

------------------------------------------------------------

on a sidenote, i CANT believe that it has the GUI part always running, and that anyone can do anything to it without a pasword...
    02-06-10 12:11 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD