I've been looking the Tour2/9650 forums for awhile. I was impressed with the knowledge being shared within this community. Everyone seemed professional and courteous to each. Bits and pieces of information was coming out of the woodwork, slowly but surely. I'm afraid to say this forum has gone "Lord of the Flies". Posters are sniping at each other, giving threads unscrupulous titles, and passing off triple\quadriple hearsay as facts. Can't we all just get along!? Now is the time to hunker down and circle the wagons. That is all.
    02-05-10 02:09 PM
    Happens with every device release and rumors.

But when it's out it's out. IMO.
    02-05-10 02:12 PM
    I've been looking the Tour2/9650 forums for awhile. I was impressed with the knowledge being shared within this community. Everyone seemed professional and courteous to each. Bits and pieces of information was coming out of the woodwork, slowly but surely. I'm afraid to say this forum has gone "Lord of the Flies". Posters are sniping at each other, giving threads unscrupulous titles, and passing off triple\quadriple hearsay as facts. Can't we all just get along!? Now is the time to hunker down and circle the wagons. That is all.

It gets like this everytime a new device is about to be released. People get restless and irritable and all social grace goes out the window. You should've seen the forum battles going on when people were waiting for the Storm 1 to be released...that was just ridiculous. Kind of reminded me of Thunderdome from Mad Max 3.

*chants*

"Two men enter...One man leaves...Two men enter...One man leaves..."
    02-05-10 02:17 PM
    Welcome to pre-release time.
    02-05-10 02:20 PM
    Man you shoulda been here for the Strom2 release!

We have the normal restless snipping PLUS the onslaught of "Storm sucks" posts and threads.

It was UUUUGGGGGLLLLLLYYYY!
    02-05-10 02:46 PM
    This is what happens. People get emotional about their blackberry's.
    02-05-10 03:01 PM
    It gets like this everytime a new device is about to be released. People get restless and irritable and all social grace goes out the window. You should've seen the forum battles going on when people were waiting for the Storm 1 to be released...that was just ridiculous. Kind of reminded me of Thunderdome from Mad Max 3.

*chants*

And I thought this one was bad!! I actually kind of wish I could have been there for that one.
    02-05-10 03:04 PM

We have the normal restless snipping PLUS the onslaught of "Storm sucks" posts and threads.

See, I thought all h3ll broke loose here after the release of the Storm 1. That's when the issues started, people did not like it from the get go. Literally the day of release this place was turned upside down with unhappy buyers. That and since it was the first BlackBerry pushed towards the masses, you had thousands of people who bought it and did not know how to use it. Nobody picks up a BB and flies right through it, if they did this site wouldn't exist. The release of the Strom 2 was a walk in the park compared to the Storm 1...
    02-05-10 03:08 PM
    Two men enter, one man leaves! Two men enter, one man leaves!!!!
    02-05-10 03:09 PM
    i thought i was going to abandon the forums after the tour2 came out... im starting to actually like the place. even those colorful postings.
    02-05-10 03:10 PM
    I am brand new to this site and I get such a kick out of these boards. You so nailed it with the Lord of the Flies, haha. It is pretty entertaining to read though, so keep the fun (drama) going because I am going to miss it if it goes away!
    02-05-10 03:15 PM
    i thought i was going to abandon the forums after the tour2 came out... im starting to actually like the place. even those colorful postings.
    I thought I was going to abandon them before the T2 came out. Some of these people can be ruthless! You've gotta be a pretty strong person to survive in crackberry land.
    02-05-10 03:21 PM
    Where's our leader Ralph (salomondrin) with the conch shell proclaiming the tour 2??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 03:23 PM
    I thought I was going to abandon them before the T2 came out. Some of these people can be ruthless! You've gotta be a pretty strong person to survive in crackberry land.
    maybe the experience has hardened me as a forum dweller.

i guess its knowing who to deal with and who to disregard. then it's easy here! in "real life" the people you want to disregard can still try to cling to you no matter what your defense is.
    02-05-10 03:27 PM

yep i remember lol
    02-05-10 03:28 PM
    I have been pretty scared to post much here. I have owned a bb for 2 years and frequent the crackberry forums. I have even thrown in a comment or two on the release of the T2, More than half expecting to get some **** off comments. Frankly, I haven't received any and am pretty excited about that. But it is getting scarier by the day. I wouldn't be surprised to get a knock on my door and get my knee caps busted by others in the forum should I post some stupid comment.
    02-05-10 04:00 PM
    Storm 1 release was total Lord of the Flies! Tricky to mod, but fun time on CrackBerry! i love when a new BlackBerry is about to be released. Especially the threads discussing people standing in line, posting pics and updating. It's like being there with them!

This board definitely has its predictable seasons! i enjoy that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 04:11 PM
    I have been pretty scared to post much here. I have owned a bb for 2 years and frequent the crackberry forums. I have even thrown in a comment or two on the release of the T2, More than half expecting to get some **** off comments. Frankly, I haven't received any and am pretty excited about that. But it is getting scarier by the day. I wouldn't be surprised to get a knock on my door and get my knee caps busted by others in the forum should I post some stupid comment.
    I know the feeling and I've been here for almost a year now!! (Not actively posting the whole time though.) It seems that no matter what you say sometimes, no matter how neutral it is, it's gonna **** off someone out there.

Don't be intimidated though, the people who get so ridiculously upset or angry over a phone is really not someone you should even give a second thought. Just keep posting away and ignore the negative ones. For each rude person out there, there are a few hundred great ones.
    02-05-10 04:23 PM
    I have too much other stuff to do than really worry about somebody really gettin' ticked off at me cause a crackberry post. However, I do worry about those that could find my address and keep the Louisville sluggers in their cars. haha

Anyone make anything of the voice to text software gettin' outted for the 9650?
    02-05-10 04:29 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised to get a knock on my door and get my knee caps busted by others in the forum should I post some stupid comment.
    actually the type of people who flame over comments are likely the ones who get that 50ft tall invisible man syndrome and wouldn't dare to act that way if they dealt with you face-to-face and not through their keyboard. and thats why they do it here.

dont worry about that knock on the door. just be good!
    02-05-10 04:29 PM
    before the tour 2 came out? have i been living under a rock or did i miss something?
    02-05-10 04:36 PM

*chants*

I wish I would have found this forum before the realease of the storm 1. I had a great time at Verizon watching people rage to no end about how they hated the phone that they had just purchased a few hours before. I bet crackberry was 10x's more exciting to then one phone store.
    02-05-10 05:30 PM

My storm does suck and I cant wait for the tour 2. haha....
    02-05-10 05:54 PM
    Haha...kinda the nature of the beast. Only bugs me when we have trolls or people that think anything that doesn't align with what they want to hear deserves to have the thread locked. Haven't butted heads with anyone in a big way. I quite enjoy it here...even the insane bickering (sometimes).
    02-05-10 06:22 PM
    believe it or not we are good people!...We are all just stressed over this phone!
    02-05-10 06:28 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD