View Poll Results: I am done waiting for this thing!

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I upgraded/bought to something else

17 51.52%
  • I upgraded/bought to the 9650

16 48.48%
    So here is the idea. Everyone on this thread who is/was waiting for Essex/Tour 2/9650 votes once they blow their upgrade on something different. If you already did then you can vote. If you are still waiting though DON'T VOTE until after the phone is released. So this is really more of a tally then a poll.

Thanks!
    02-04-10 06:12 PM
    I moved to Verizon and bought the droid, because they didn't have the Tour 2. I'm hoping it comes out before Feb 17th So I can return mine and get it. *FINGERS CROSSED*
    02-04-10 06:25 PM
    I just upgraded to a droid today, can't handle my curve anymore. So far I'm loving it, after being a Blackberry user for many years. When the Tour2 hits I'll go to the store and check it out, if it's the real deal, I'll switch, if not or if it's past 30 days from today, oh well the droid will suit me just fine.
    02-04-10 06:35 PM
    I am done, RIM had their chance. After the Tour, I have no faith the 9650 will even work, so... buh bye RIM.
    02-04-10 06:39 PM
    I got sick of waiting, and got an 8530 a week ago. I will exchange it for a 9650 if it comes out within my 30 days. If it doesn't I may give this to the wife, and take her upgrade for the Tour2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 06:43 PM
    If the Tour2 doesn't drop by this Monday, I'll be getting a Moto DROID. My RAZR just died yesterday and I can't be without a phone. So, let's get it in gear Verizon and release this thing already.
    02-04-10 06:55 PM
    I'm returning my Tour on Saturday and going back to the 9530. I just hope the 9650 comes out soon. I'm not sure how long I can handle the storm after it swam in a pool of cranberry juice.

02-04-10 06:58 PM
    I don't have an upgrade/new contract discount to use so will be paying full price. Which is okay since I'll be waiting for the tax refund to pay for the T2 when it does drop. Plus I'm on USCC, so if we do get it (keeping fingers crossed) it'll be a while any way!

Summary = waiting for the T2 only, no other will do!
    02-04-10 07:12 PM
    i'm waiting for the 9650! i've waited this long, i can wait a little longer!
    02-04-10 07:34 PM
    i'm waiting for the 9650! i've waited this long, i can wait a little longer!
    I'm with you waited to long to turn back now gonna keep on waiting
    02-04-10 07:58 PM
    Not in any hurry.. my S1 still works fine. I can wait until the phone is released.
    02-04-10 07:59 PM
    I have to wait until March 1 for the upgrade. However if it's not out by then, I'll probably just get the Tour 1. I'm curious to the poster getting rid of her Tour....what are/were your reasons? Just trackball issues? Are most of those cleared up now?
    02-04-10 08:13 PM
    yea im not in a hurry
    02-04-10 08:32 PM
    Eh I'm waiting till 2/17/10 Then jump on 8530. hopefully within 30 days tour 2 will drop.

02-04-10 08:41 PM
    I am getting really close to just getting a Tour w Sprint instead of the Essex. I will hold off for as long as I can (untill my work BB gets cut off (my company is going under)) but I don't want to wait untill I have no BB to buy one.
    02-04-10 08:54 PM
    Why stop waiting now? The Feb.3 release date was never set in stone even by those with inside connections with RIM. I personally still believe the 9650 will be out by Valentines Day. IMO the Tour is no better a BB now than it was before Feburary 3rd. I'll patiently stick with my 8330(which is still a fine BB) for now.
    02-04-10 09:43 PM
    I have to wait until March 1 for the upgrade. However if it's not out by then, I'll probably just get the Tour 1. I'm curious to the poster getting rid of her Tour....what are/were your reasons? Just trackball issues? Are most of those cleared up now?
    If this is to me, then yes. The trackball is the main reason. I've had it for less than 30 days and the trackball has already gotten stuck three times. It's frustrating when you're in the middle of sending an e-mail and can't do anything because of the trackball. Everything else with the phone is great.
    02-04-10 09:53 PM
    I like my 8330 and I have an 8830 as a backup. If they don"t drop it by mid summer I may move to the Curve 2. I have no reason to get a Tour 1.

Also, why do we insisit calling it a Tour 2 when it's name is Essex? Is Essex just the build name and not the actual phone name?
    02-04-10 10:12 PM
    "Essex" is RIM's code name for the 9650 while still under development and testing.Though "Tour2" has never been officially announced as the 9650's name either.
    02-04-10 10:14 PM
    I wondered, but thought they may actually release it with that name. Thankd for the clear up.
    02-04-10 10:23 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the original Tour I am very happy with mine
    02-04-10 11:17 PM
    I gave up waiting and bought the tour1 in mid-December bc I knew I would have to do a lot of email over the holidays and didn't want to log in to work. The Pearl was driving me insane, but I really like the Tour. I'll sell it though and buy the Tour2 when it comes out just bc I want the trackpad and wifi (not that I've had problems with the Tour ball, knock on wood).

02-04-10 11:34 PM
    I knew that the tour2 was going to be released before the original tour was dropped. I have waited this long what's an extra few weeks.
    My curve was having issues so I wiped it and re installed the os and its running great again.
    My cure for the essex blues is trying to not be on this forum as much. I was way to impatient when always on the essex threads. I try to stray away from them to keep in on the back burner and enjoy my reliable curve.

02-04-10 11:36 PM
    I want the Tour 2 badly, although I am thinking of moving to ATT from Verizon, to get the Bold 9700, B/c I am sickk of waiting for the Essex to come out. Or I am thinking of just getting the iPhone 3GS. I dont know what to do, it will probably be best if I just stick with my Tour 9630 until I can use my upgrade... It is an excellent phone anyways, the only advantage for me to get the Tour 2 is the trackpad. The WiFi is nice, but I get such good service with 3G I dont really need WiFi
    02-05-10 12:08 AM
    I'm trying to be very patient but my patience is starting to wear alil thin. If we had at least some form of an answer from Verizon and Sprint stating when it would be then I'd definetly wait it out but we can't even get a word from them...it's like they are keep it hush hush from the current Tour owners in fear of an uprising against it or something. The only thing we know if what we have learned here on CB and the slip up on FB last week by RIM. All I know is, I have an upgrade to use and if we don't get some kinda word from big red and big yellow soon on this device, I'll probably be using the upgrade to get the curve 2 8530. Someone give us alil piece of info that we can at least hold some hope to PLEASE!!!
    02-05-10 10:20 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD