I was just at a Verizon store with my roommate, whose upgrade was today and even though I told her a new Tour was coming out soon she was still chomping at the bit. So we went and she played with the Tour and the new Curve, and told the sales rep who was with us that she didn't like the ball, but the Curve was too little and ugly, and he was like, 'Well maybe you should wait a few days...' and she was like, 'For what?' and he just shrugged and was like, 'I don't know, read some reviews and stuff to make a final decision' with a grin at me, because I had asked about the Tour2 when he first came over.
    Of course she didn't get it and ended up getting the Tour1, but I feel a bit relieved!
    02-04-10 11:33 AM
    Very cool. I was in just last week and the sales rep acted like I was insane when I said I was going to wait for the Tour 2 (and then he tried to sell me a Motorola Rival and asked why I needed a BlackBerry?), so some indication from a sales rep that it won't be a whole lot longer is better than just totally ignoring the phone's existence and having no more of an idea than we do. Thanks for sharing!
    02-04-10 11:37 AM
    I was just at a Verizon store with my roommate, whose upgrade was today and even though I told her a new Tour was coming out soon she was still chomping at the bit. So we went and she played with the Tour and the new Curve, and told the sales rep who was with us that she didn't like the ball, but the Curve was too little and ugly, and he was like, 'Well maybe you should wait a few days...' and she was like, 'For what?' and he just shrugged and was like, 'I don't know, read some reviews and stuff to make a final decision' with a grin at me, because I had asked about the Tour2 when he first came over.
    Of course she didn't get it and ended up getting the Tour1, but I feel a bit relieved!
    21Love,
    Thats a great information and much like the right news .You stood there and let your roommate grad T1? I guess she was working on the 30 day thing
    02-04-10 11:39 AM
    thanks for that bit of info
    now my patience is running wild LOL

the only thing is what is "wait a few days"
    does he really mean a few days so that means it will be out this coming sunday? or does a few days mean next wednesday as predicted?

see my mind is going crazy over the wait LOL
    02-04-10 11:39 AM
    I had the a similar expirence at the Verizon store yesterday, but with the exact opposite outcome. The reps, who I kind of know, have only heard rumors of the Tour 2. The manager said they usually get some kind of info or training before a new phone drops. They have heard nothing. I don't think it's gonna be released for a while yet, if it's this month then it will be the very end. I would love to be proven wrong though.
    02-04-10 11:55 AM
    My local VZ manager said that sometimes they don't get any info of these lowkey releases until the DAY OF so I would not be surprised if we see the Tour 2 appear on some random day within the upcoming week (given all the recent clues/rumors).
    02-04-10 12:01 PM
    I had the a similar expirence at the Verizon store yesterday, but with the exact opposite outcome. The reps, who I kind of know, have only heard rumors of the Tour 2. The manager said they usually get some kind of info or training before a new phone drops. They have heard nothing. I don't think it's gonna be released for a while yet, if it's this month then it will be the very end. I would love to be proven wrong though.
    What are you talking about? When Verizon came out with the unlimited talk plan (the first one), I called them, that first day, and wanted to switch. The rep and the supervisor had NO idea what I was talking about!

I was bounced around from rep to rep, (I think I even spoke to the guy who runs around the globe asking, "can you hear me?") until they finally found it.

Thus, it's possible to be on shelves in the store and reps have no clue...

(I HOPE )
    02-04-10 12:44 PM
    What are you talking about? When Verizon came out with the unlimited talk plan (the first one), I called them, that first day, and wanted to switch. The rep and the supervisor had NO idea what I was talking about!

I was bounced around from rep to rep, (I think I even spoke to the guy who runs around the globe asking, "can you hear me?") until they finally found it.

(I HOPE )
    Lol most of the VZW reps that I've spoken with at the store (when I had problems with my enV that ultimately resulted in me sending it back) honestly didn't have an idea what they were talking about. This one lady could barely figure out how to send a text to my phone - and she works there! Sometimes I think that you get better answers regarding the Tour2 in emails. Maybe if we all mass email them and ask for information they'll release a damn release date.
    02-04-10 12:46 PM
    r they juz trying 2 surprise people,,lol
    02-04-10 01:17 PM
    Or to annoy us, either one. I'm stalking VZW on Twitter now to see if they will admit to anything. (Various Tweets have been posted in the Testman Watch Thread )
    02-04-10 01:20 PM
    Good thing Feb. is a short month. Will be soon, I can smell it.
    02-04-10 01:22 PM
    There's no additional training needed for the Tour 2, assuming the sales rep was trained on the Tour 1 and learned trackpad and wifi from the Curve 8530.

I suspect there'll be just a low-key formal announcement, and the Tour 2s will start arriving at stores a few days later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 01:32 PM
    i can't take it anymore...

i want the d*mn tour2 so bad but my patience is gone...

would it be a big mistake to get the tour 1 now?
    02-04-10 01:36 PM

(I HOPE )
    So if your reasoning is correct, then the OP has no truth to it at all. It's just some dumb rep talking out his a** because they read a few things here on CB. How is the rep that the OP talked about any different then the all the ones you talked to that didn't know jack?

The point is that we should be taking all advice/rumors with a grain of salt when dealing with reps.

I do hope that the Tour 2 drops soon. I will be selling my Tour 1 and buying it outright. So the sooner the better, but I'm not holding my breath.
    02-04-10 01:40 PM
    i can't take it anymore...

i want the d*mn tour2 so bad but my patience is gone...

would it be a big mistake to get the tour 1 now?
    Wouldn't be a mistake!
    You have 30days to exchange/return.
    If you really need a phone right now and can't wait, go for it!!!
    02-04-10 01:47 PM
    Are the store reps just playing dumb, cause they really can't be that ignorant.
    My experiences over the last week and a half. Mind you, I visted 3 different stores in my area, and talked to 7 different sales reps.
    Here are their repsonses when asked about if they have any knowledge about the Blackberry Tour 2.

Rep #1: "Tour 2 ? whats that ?"
    Rep #2: "Never heard of a blackberry Tour 2"
    Rep #3: "Blackberry does not make a Tour 2"
    Rep #4: "I don't understand your question sir"
    Rep #5: "I just started and have no idea what you are talking about"
    Rep #6: "The Tour 2 is not a blackberry"
    Rep #7: "I don't know anything"

You can't make this up, this was for real.
    02-04-10 02:04 PM
    Are the store reps just playing dumb, cause they really can't be that ignorant.
    My experiences over the last week and a half. Mind you, I visted 3 different stores in my area, and talked to 7 different sales reps.
    Here are their repsonses when asked about if they have any knowledge about the Blackberry Tour 2.

Rep #1: "Tour 2 ? whats that ?"
    Rep #2: "Never heard of a blackberry Tour 2"
    Rep #3: "Blackberry does not make a Tour 2"
    Rep #4: "I don't understand your question sir"
    Rep #5: "I just started and have no idea what you are talking about"
    Rep #6: "The Tour 2 is not a blackberry"
    Rep #7: "I don't know anything"

You can't make this up, this was for real.
    3 stores and 7 reps huhh>>>>somebody needs a life. very sad!

02-04-10 02:07 PM
    Oh, One last thing I forgot ...... every Rep I talked to had a blackberry of their own.
    02-04-10 02:09 PM
    If you're talking about the reps...I agree.

If you're talking about the poster...then take your negative attitude elsewhere.
    02-04-10 02:10 PM
    If you're talking about the reps...I agree.

If you're talking about the poster...then take your negative attitude elsewhere.
    Clearly I am referring to the Poster. These reps are sales people. Why in the world would they discuss a yet to be annouced device with someone off the street. They are there to sell communication devices that their company has for sale. Once the product is "officially" announced and/or acknowledged by their employer they will be permitted to discuss and to market it. Travelling from store to store harrasing salespeople about a subject they clearly cannot discuss is very sad...too bad if you think this is neagtive.

02-04-10 02:17 PM
    Oh, One last thing I forgot ...... every Rep I talked to had a blackberry of their own.

They obviously dont read the boards.
    02-04-10 02:17 PM

Whats sad is how you felt the need to reply with such a sad comment on your own. Kind of like calling the kettle black my friend. You assume that this was all that I have accomplished over a period of a week. Well walk a mile in my shoes before you pass Judgment, or better yet keep your comments to yourself thank you. I had time to kill in between shuttling my 2 girls all over gods creation last week. At least I wasn't in the girly clubs, or in some bar getting toasted.
    02-04-10 02:18 PM
    Whats sad is how you felt the need to reply with such a sad comment on your own. Kind of like calling the kettle black my friend. You assume that this was all that I have accomplished over a period of a week. Well walk a mile in my shoes before you pass Judgment, or better yet keep your comments to yourself thank you. I had time to kill in between shuttling my 2 girls all over gods creation last week. At least I wasn't in the girly clubs, or in some bar getting toasted.
    I stand by my comment...find another way to "kill time" other than harrasing hardworking sales people

02-04-10 02:22 PM
    I stand by my comment...find another way to "kill time" other than harrasing hardworking sales people

I did not know that asking a sales rep a question Politely was harassment.
    And BTW, what are you my mother ? Go crawl back in the hole you came out of troll.
    02-04-10 02:32 PM

Who made you king?
    02-04-10 02:36 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD