Blackberry Tour ring tone issue.

Can anyone tell me how to change the default ring tone for my contacts without doing them all manually? I have changed the ring tone on my profiles but all my contacts still default to the �ringer classic phone� ring tone. The ring tone I have selected works when I receive a call from someone that is not in my contacts.
    Do I need to change each contact manually?
    02-03-10 06:40 PM
    Here's what you have to do.

1. Go to the menu that allows you to change the settings for ringer on the home page of the blackberry screen. It is located on the upper left corner of the screen and have a sound horn icon. This is the same menu that you would use to change the phone to vibrate mode, etc.
    2. Once that icon is clicked, scroll to the bottom below the sound options, and you should see "Set contact Alerts". Click on that and you will see a list of names from your contacts that have actually changed their sound profiles. Click on each name and change their ringer setting to what you prefer. This apparently is a known issue with the tour. I find that it occurs usually when I had a new contact.

Andy
    try that out
    02-05-10 01:46 AM
    This changes those specific contacts, but what about alll the contacts? All of my contacts have the annoying "Ringer_ClassicPhone" tone now. Over 475 contacts, I cannot go in to change each one manually. How do I change it back so it plays the ringtone I selected under the Ring Tones/Alert option?
    02-15-10 05:21 PM
    If they all have that set as a tone chances are your gonna have to change them all back
    02-15-10 07:20 PM
    how did they all get a specific ring tone selected for them in the first place
    02-16-10 10:51 AM
    I'm having the same issue and attempted EVERY suggestion and nothing works. I even tried to add a new profile but that still wont change the default 'classic' tone and sms tone setting. Hopefully, this issue will be resolved with the next OS update. This is the only thing that bothers me with 5.0 for Sprint :/ (all 5.0's for that matter).
    02-16-10 12:22 PM
    Well, mine says "Classic Ring Tone", but it's not what plays when that person calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 12:44 PM
    Folks,

This has been on ongoing issue with the Tour. Just do a search and you'll see a number of similar posts.

Supposedly 5.0 will address this issue. I've also found that while the individual contacts may reflect a specif ring (Classic) the settings tend to override these.

Good luck!
    02-16-10 01:09 PM
    I had the same issue. Whenever I got a phone call from someone with a custom ringtone, that ringtone became my default ringtone for everything - SMS, MMS, etc. Pulling the battery is what fixed that. But now that I've loaded the 5.0 upgrade, it seems to have stopped.

Folks,

This has been on ongoing issue with the Tour. Just do a search and you'll see a number of similar posts.

Supposedly 5.0 will address this issue. I've also found that while the individual contacts may reflect a specif ring (Classic) the settings tend to override these.

Good luck!
    02-16-10 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD