Thinking of switching to the Nexus from my BB Tour. A feature I rely on heavily is multi colored led notifications depending on the type of alerts I receive....emails, texts, IM's, missed calls. Does the N1 have this feature built in & if not, is their a 3rd party app that will add this functionality???
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 02-03-10 at 01:02 PM.
    02-03-10 10:48 AM
    Im not 100% sure but I think the trackball lights up to notify you. You do realize that the Nexus is for T-Mobile though right?
    Last edited by Lynx83; 02-03-10 at 11:09 AM.
    02-03-10 10:54 AM
    Im not 100% sure but I think the trackball lights up to notify you. You do realize that the Nexus is for T-Mobile though right?
    Lol, yea, i realize its Tmo...
    Are you trying to imply I should wait for the VZW release??
    I don't have that much knowledge on how reliable Tmo 3G is...
    I did have VZW a while back with my 700w Treo & it was pretty good.
    02-03-10 11:33 AM
    wait for it to come to verizon, trust me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 11:35 AM
    I want to to get on VZW, I just dont want to get nickle & dimed for using the Google Navi app. I hope they dont charge an extra $9.99 for it....
    02-03-10 01:55 PM
    Google Nav is free on verizon, I use it all the time on my Droid.
    02-03-10 02:01 PM
    REALLY! I just might have to roll with VZW then instead....
    02-03-10 02:23 PM
    Ya man on Android 2.0 or later google maps comes with free navigation. Its awesome.
    02-03-10 02:42 PM
    The Nexus 1 has been having a TON of issues regarding 3G, whether it be the fault of a poor service on TMO's end or faulty hardware/software.

Def wait for the Verizon release of the Nexus One. Hopefully they'll have all the kinks worked out for it by then. Plus you'll get it shipped with multitouch enabled unlike the N1. (Not that that is a huge difference)
    02-03-10 09:52 PM
    REALLY! I just might have to roll with VZW then instead....
    what you thinking of giving up on blackberry's. I made the switch and left sprint. Hit me up on twitter later.
    02-03-10 10:19 PM
    The Nexus 1 has been having a TON of issues regarding 3G, whether it be the fault of a poor service on TMO's end or faulty hardware/software.

Def wait for the Verizon release of the Nexus One. Hopefully they'll have all the kinks worked out for it by then. Plus you'll get it shipped with multitouch enabled unlike the N1. (Not that that is a huge difference)
    Google released the multitouch update 2 days ago & supposedly a 3G fix is included in the update. Regardless of the 3G fix, I know VZW's network would be more reliable than Tmo's. Just not sure about cost comparison in plans. Also like the idea of using data while on 3G...but again, I'm having a hard time trusting TMo 3G. Anyone have any positive/negative experiences with it??

Nexus One over-the-air update begins today, brings multitouch � Boy Genius Report
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 02-04-10 at 09:27 AM.
    02-04-10 09:23 AM
    I didn't get the nexus one I bought a cliq. What I did was I went with an the even more no contract plans. I been around my city and county now and the Tmo 3g has been good. I figure in another month if everything works out with the nexus 1 I will buy an unlock phone with my cheap plan already in place all I have to do and switch sim cards.
    02-04-10 09:41 AM
    I didn't get the nexus one I bought a cliq. What I did was I went with an the even more no contract plans. I been around my city and county now and the Tmo 3g has been good. I figure in another month if everything works out with the nexus 1 I will buy an unlock phone with my cheap plan already in place all I have to do and switch sim cards.
    So you got the $79.99 Unlimited evrything, right?
    02-04-10 10:45 AM
    I have the family plan unlimited.
    02-04-10 11:06 AM
    There isnt one app that does all the led notifications like BeBuzz but if you get the Android apps Missed Call and Handcent(if you do texting) you can pretty much set up different color for emails,calls and sms.

I'm using HI AIM for AIm instant messaging and that lets you set a different color for Ims as well.

The only thing Im really missing from my BB Storm is the sound profiles...for now Im using an app on my Droid called Sound Manager but its still not as good as the BB profiles.

Hope this helps!

Rich

Rich Plakas (RichP) on Twitter

Thinking of switching to the Nexus from my BB Tour. A feature I rely on heavily is multi colored led notifications depending on the type of alerts I receive....emails, texts, IM's, missed calls. Does the N1 have this feature built in & if not, is their a 3rd party app that will add this functionality???
    02-05-10 06:01 AM
    The Nexus has a multicolor trackball. It lights up blue, white, and i believe green though ive never seen mine light up green. Theres no 3rd party apps for this as of now(that i know of). It does have an LED light by where BBs have theirs but it only lights up when charging. Im pretty sure with updates they can add the feature (there are talks of it on the google forums)
    02-06-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD