Here's an interesting problem. I gave my wife my old Curve 8320 and now it seems that when she calls me on my 9700 she hears her own voice echoing. It does not happen when she calls any other line be it land or cell. If I call her there isn't any echo on her end. I don't have any complaints from people I talk to using my phone so I'm not sure if its her phone, mine or Tmobile network.
    She did a battery pull and it seemed to help a little but I think I might do a SIM pull as well on her phone.
    Anybody else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 07:39 PM
    Could be because of the phone case (if there is one) or using headphones with scratched gold plating.

02-03-10 10:40 AM
    had this SAME problem with my 8900 on several units. I have it only on my 9700 with certain ppl I call, not everyone. I know this isn't an answer but I can tell you that I do have the same issue but it doesn't appear to be phone or network related.
    02-03-10 10:48 AM
    i went through 3 8900's with this issue.Tried a new sim which didn't help.After hours of troubleshooting I found this out.My cousin would call me from his Iphone and he would hear the echo.If I called him it didn't happen.Also when he called me and had the echo I would turn speakerphone on and then off and it would eliminate the echo every single time.Very weird.Anyways that was my reason to upgrade to the 9700 and I haven't had a problem yet talking to him.This might not help but it may help you narrow down the issue.Try the speakerphone thing and see if that eliminates it,this might indicate a hardware problem.
    02-03-10 11:50 AM
    Sometimes when the volume is set too high (on the other person's phone) , the microphone can actually pick up the voice coming out of the the ear piece speaker sending it back to you, causing an echo effect. When it happens, you can ask the other person to lower the volume and see if the echo stops. Weird but true in most cases.

02-03-10 01:25 PM
    Sometimes when the volume is set too high (on the other person's phone) , the microphone can actually pick up the voice coming out of the the ear piece speaker sending it back to you, causing an echo effect. When it happens, you can ask the other person to lower the volume and see if the echo stops. Weird but true in most cases.

This happens when I'm using my Bluant in my car....anyone else have that happen?
    02-03-10 02:07 PM
    Interesting suggestions. I will try them and see if it helps. I did a SIM pull on her phone but haven't had a chance to test it out.

02-04-10 12:53 AM
    My wife is still having echo issues when she calls me. She has the volume low now too. Full bars and it goes away if we hang up and I call her. Is it my 9700? Should she get a new sim card?

02-17-10 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD