Ok, lately I've noticed that no matter how many times I try to close facebook it stays open and seems to slow my Tour down to a crawl. Constantly getting the spinning clock now. I've tried reinstalling facebook but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Facebook isn't worth not having my Tour work but at that the same time why am I paying for a device that won't run apps without issues? It's really strange because nothing has changed and yet all of a sudden this issue has popped up. I also tried a battery pull but that seemed to make the problem worse, not better. After the battery pull I got the clock for about 10 minutes and the device was slow for a while after that. Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 06:59 PM
    The facebook app is meant to always be on and running in the background. I personally never used it this way though. To close the app without it running in the background you must go to options and sign out.

I also never chose to have facebook import my calender, use fbook pictures for my contacts, or receive the message updates in my inbox. All of that stuf is only going to cause more problems and more lag on your phone.

Instead, I just have the email/sms notifications come to my phone(You set this up on the website itself). I only open the app itself to see status updates or to upload a photo.
    Last edited by abboder; 02-02-10 at 07:13 PM.
    02-02-10 07:10 PM
    Ok, lately I've noticed that no matter how many times I try to close facebook it stays open and seems to slow my Tour down to a crawl. Constantly getting the spinning clock now. I've tried reinstalling facebook but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Facebook isn't worth not having my Tour work but at that the same time why am I paying for a device that won't run apps without issues? It's really strange because nothing has changed and yet all of a sudden this issue has popped up. I also tried a battery pull but that seemed to make the problem worse, not better. After the battery pull I got the clock for about 10 minutes and the device was slow for a while after that. Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ever stop to think it might be the app or the app in conjunction with other apps you have? I do not think it is the device. how much memory do you have available? How apps do you open at any given time?

options>staus . post your file free number.
    02-02-10 07:12 PM
    There may be an option to decrease the frequency of updating your facebook's status with your phone. Also go into BlackBerry App World and download "MemoryUp Personal", its like defragging but for your phone. Maybe that'll help with your issue. I've seen this issue before at work, and generally speaking the hour glass indicates when the phone is thinking or is overloaded with tasks. Remember to clear your Browsing history from your browser, and hold the ALT key and press LGLG then options, clear log. If that is never clear it can slow the phone down too.
    02-03-10 12:08 AM
    same problem appears here on my phone. no idea why. i'll try your suggestion. thanks for sharing.
    02-03-10 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD