I can't decide between the two, primarily due to the fact that both builds are pretty solid. Due to the battery concerns with my S2, Verizon is sending me a new one out that will be here tomorrow. Any suggestions on which Hybrid is better with battery life? Overall Performance? How bout the views from the actual creators if you wish to chime in.....
    02-02-10 04:50 PM
    i would like to know too, ive been running OOAKs build and am really happy with it, so happy in fact i didnt try out the other one.
    02-02-10 06:00 PM
    ME 2 with OOAK, Yet the other build is claiming faster browser speed and battery life....
    02-02-10 06:10 PM
    Seanren's v2 for sure, tried OAK's build was pleased but wasn't as pleased with Sean's v2.
    02-02-10 06:13 PM
    Seanren's v2 for sure, tried OAK's build was pleased but wasn't as pleased with Sean's v2.
    What did you notice different?
    02-02-10 06:16 PM
    Im going to load up seans right now and do the usual 3 battery pulls and full change. Up until today OAks was rock solid for me but will check out the other
    02-02-10 06:17 PM
    I've been using OOAK's but I'm trying out the V2 of sean's this time. I tried the V1 briefly but it was missing the gmail plug-in and I really need that plug in so I swapped back to the OOAK's .451. I'm installing Sean's V2 with some cods for the gmail plug in and waiting for my phone to reboot. Also it doesn't have a bbmaps cod so some programs that use bbmaps for their gps lock may not work. I'm hoping I don;t rub into that problem but we'll see.
    02-02-10 06:30 PM
    I have used both and am currently running v 2. Battery life on both is great, however, v 1 seemed less buggy than v 2. I seem to get a lot more screen freakouts. No issues with running programs other than the fact I can't get my bbmaps to show up anywhere even though it is installed. I may go try OOAKPC's hybrid, because battery life on these hybrids is much better than straight 428.
    02-02-10 06:46 PM
    i tried v1 for a couple days, and then tried v2 for a day & just installed ooak this afternoon...ooak .464 is definitely the most stable for me. but between the v1 & v2 the first one was more stable for me. v2 made my keyboard lag really really bad, 4 batt pulls and full charge, no matter how slow i typed it just wouldn't catch up. i also couldn't get my bbm to cooperate on v2...my friend and my husband had no problems with their bbm, but mine was taking a looong time to send and a big delay on receiving...i don't think it was a data thing cause we were all in the same house and they when they sent to each other it was instant, mine took a good few minutes to send and a bit longer to receive all vzw blackberries. i was the only one with the hybrid.

while i don't notice any increased browser speeds this has been the best of the 3 ive tried this week.
    02-02-10 07:14 PM
    i have v2 and i havent had any issues yet also loved v1 havent tried ooak's yet but have had his in the past and they are always good also.
    02-02-10 07:20 PM
    This one is a tough call. I had OOAK's for a few days, was very snappy but the battery life for me was fair. I loaded Sean's last night and so far so good. I am a fan of both their work so I don't think you could go wrong either way. I have always been a fan of the work they do over at BBHybrids Forums - Home but that's me.
    02-02-10 07:27 PM
    I have used both and am currently running v 2. Battery life on both is great, however, v 1 seemed less buggy than v 2. I seem to get a lot more screen freakouts. No issues with running programs other than the fact I can't get my bbmaps to show up anywhere even though it is installed. I may go try OOAKPC's hybrid, because battery life on these hybrids is much better than straight 428.
    also had problems with screen going crazy as i was typing in sure type. If i tap AS and Space at same time with out pressing all the way other keys light up like the number key or GH (strange)
    02-02-10 07:38 PM
    while both are pretty awesome, i still would rather a brand new .sfi (or Radio) to play with... IMO COME ON BBGODS....
    02-02-10 07:42 PM
    I happen to be a fan of Seanren78, and OOAKPC, just to say in opening

However.com .... I have to give this one to Seanren78's V2. I have never had battery life quite like this. for the first hour and a half off the charger today, I texted, crackberry'd, and talked on the phone a bit.. then I checked my MeterBerry.. I bout fell out of my chair. I was still at 100% battery life! The keyboard is able to keep up with as fast as I type as well.

Overall I'm quite pleased with this hybrid.
    02-02-10 07:58 PM
    Loading UP OOAK's right now.....should be interesting to see the difference. I understand that v.2 may have been a little less stable then v.1. When I release v.3 you will notice a slight decrease in battery life but the browser speed will be in enhanced dramatically!!
    02-02-10 08:00 PM
    Interesting comparisons....Still too close to call.....Hey Seanren report back on what you notice different in OOAK's Hybrid
    02-02-10 08:30 PM
    Loading UP OOAK's right now.....should be interesting to see the difference. I understand that v.2 may have been a little less stable then v.1. When I release v.3 you will notice a slight decrease in battery life but the browser speed will be in enhanced dramatically!!
    Whens that supposed to be comming out?
    02-02-10 08:36 PM
    Interesting comparisons....Still too close to call.....Hey Seanren report back on what you notice different in OOAK's Hybrid
    It will be interesting....come to think of it I don't know if I will have enough time....I have a v.3 that's set to launch......and I'm working on a v.4. V.3 I noticed is a little rougher on the battery speed but the browser is absolutely amazing and the click screen is absolutely amazing. I have it uploaded and have been running it for 5 days. V.4 I'm not to sure I am testing it right now and will more then likely report on that.
    02-02-10 08:36 PM
    ahhh good sir it is already up on a site.....I can not redirect but if you google for it within the next couple days then you will find it! haha
    02-02-10 08:37 PM
    SR,

Make sure to upload a Shrunk and an Unshrunk version of it.
    02-02-10 09:45 PM
    Ok got it,
    Seanren78 95xx v.3 Hybrid
    02-02-10 09:47 PM
    Damn your good.....well donate if you can.

v.4 will be coming out @bbhybrids.net in 7 days. This has the memory, speed, stability, clickability (not to much) in one package. @bbhybrids.net
    Last edited by seanren78; 02-02-10 at 10:05 PM.
    02-02-10 09:55 PM
    Gotta give it to Sean... =)

You guys should offer your hybrids on my site (even though we mainly work with the 8330)... I'm giving both you guys an opportunity to go post your links up on the Nathanix forums..
    02-02-10 10:13 PM
    Damn your good.....well donate if you can.

v.4 will be coming out @bbhybrids.net in 7 days. This has the memory, speed, stability, clickability (not to much) in one package. @bbhybrids.net
    I notice that V.3 has faster browser and not so good battery, so will V.4 have fast browser and great battery life?
    02-02-10 10:13 PM
    Gotta give it to Sean... =)

You guys should offer your hybrids on my site (even though we mainly work with the 8330)... I'm giving both you guys an opportunity to go post your links up on the Nathanix forums..
    02-02-10 10:14 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD