It finally happened. The USB/Charging port is now completely bad. It simply will not recognize anything plugged into it.

So then. Since I can't charge the battery the phone is useless. I can't obtain another one (which BTW would have been number 5) because it's been over a year.

Of all the things that could break this has to be the dumbest. Alas, it goes along with all the crap about the STORM and RIM's inability to solve them.

After many BB's I don't think I will ever own one again. I picked up a DROID ERIS and it really works as it should. The radio is amazing. I now have coverage in places where the BB's never did.

It's quite sad that RIM can't even get the charging port right.
    02-02-10 04:20 PM
    I am having the same problem with my piece of storm. It doesnt always charge right away. It takes a few tries to get it to charge. N ow they wont replace it because it is over a year. You would think they would make an exception with this crappy phone, especially since I have gone through 4 defective handsets already. This was my first and prob my last BB.
    02-02-10 05:12 PM
    Just a thought. I had same problem and was able to get a replacement because of less than a year but I purchased external charger from crackberry also works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 05:19 PM
    It finally happened. The USB/Charging port is now completely bad. It simply will not recognize anything plugged into it.

So then. Since I can't charge the battery the phone is useless. I can't obtain another one (which BTW would have been number 5) because it's been over a year.

Of all the things that could break this has to be the dumbest. Alas, it goes along with all the crap about the STORM and RIM's inability to solve them.

After many BB's I don't think I will ever own one again. I picked up a DROID ERIS and it really works as it should. The radio is amazing. I now have coverage in places where the BB's never did.

I played with a DROID today. And it looks great. I had to keep pulling the battery out my storm yesterday.
    02-02-10 05:27 PM

If you're going to throw it against the wall, I would be happy to take it off your hands. I like to tinker.
    02-02-10 05:29 PM
    if you don't want it, i'll give you $20 for it! let me know
    02-02-10 07:43 PM
    40 here----

02-02-10 07:45 PM
    $60.......
    02-02-10 08:59 PM
    65 lol...
    I actually purchased the storm over the Motorola Droid for bbm, real time/yahoo mail and the familiarly of the blackberry....

Droid is great still rather new but hey its a good phone I like bbm too much.

02-02-10 11:46 PM
    10 char

buy an external batter charger
    02-02-10 11:48 PM
    haha,,wow..look it all these people trying 2 buy it
    02-02-10 11:53 PM
    Or you could those new charging mats. They're universal so you could charge any phone with it, also other products as well.
    02-03-10 01:39 AM
    Or you could those new charging mats. They're universal so you could charge any phone with it, also other products as well.
    Shhhhhh.

$80

02-03-10 04:54 AM
    Invest in a spare battery and external charger, problem solved.

Unless you really want a different phone and this is the excuse to switch.
    02-03-10 06:58 AM
    Dude you have six months from your last refurb. Are you still within six months?

02-03-10 08:50 AM
    you can get the charging port fixed for anywhere from $40-60

if you are good at soldering you can probably do it yourself for about $50-10
    02-03-10 12:24 PM
    you can get the charging port fixed for anywhere from $40-60

if you are good at soldering you can probably do it yourself for about $50
    Might as well get it fixed by someone else since it costs about the same if you do it yourself

02-03-10 04:59 PM
    Who ever wants can send me a PM. And it's dumb to pay all kinds of money for a second battery and external charger.

I can go in and fix it. But frankly there are too many issues with the Storm any way.
    02-03-10 09:35 PM
    Might as well get it fixed by someone else since it costs about the same if you do it yourself

sorry, my post was suppose to say $5-10
    02-03-10 11:08 PM
    Who ever wants can send me a PM. And it's dumb to pay all kinds of money for a second battery and external charger.

I can go in and fix it. But frankly there are too many issues with the Storm any way.
    Maybe for you, but how do you know what this guy/gal uses on a daily basis, a backup battery has never been a dumb idea.

What I think is dumb is the fact that you think you know what this guy needs.

You may not want or need one, but how do you know what the needs of others are. I realize that this is your opinion, but may not be his/hers.

Also too, regardless of how sincere you may be about fixing, I think it's a dumb idea to send someone you have no clue about a smartphone that's worth a few hundred dollars, now that's dumb.

Even if you tell them how, some may not be as mechanically inclined as you and may not want to tear apart their phone.

Said all that to say this, what might be dumb for you, might not be for a thousand other people.

Just sayin
    02-04-10 06:26 AM
    I already have a replacement battery and external charger ready let me know!

02-04-10 08:29 PM
    RIM should do what Toyota is doing for their Hybrids and trucks, a RECALL of the storm 1, and give all of them the Storm 2, those charging ports have a history of just dying out
    02-04-10 08:35 PM
    I already have a replacement battery and external charger ready let me know!

Let me know what?
    02-05-10 04:27 PM
    Let me know what?
    If u want to sell it

02-07-10 02:47 AM
    Amazon.com: OEM BLACKBERRY Battery Charger 9500 Thunder 9530 Storm BlackBerry: 9500 Thunder, 9530 Storm, 8900 Javelin: Cell Phones & Service

For $15 it isn't bad. I've had my same Storm for a little over a year now and it's still running fine.
    02-07-10 03:07 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD