Guys i've recently switched from a Bold 9000 to the 9700.. and as you know, the 9700 comes with Micro USB port.. so all the mini USB accessories i have don't fit anymore.

i came across MANY mini-USB to micro-USB adapters, but most if not all of them state "charging adapter"
    i also saw many threads here about people complaining how their adapter charges but doesn't sync.

question is.. has anyone found a mini-USB to micro-USB adapter that charges AND syncs?

i don't understand the limitation since both have 5 pins, i would assume a straight forward adapter should exist somewhere
    02-02-10 04:07 PM
    I know the OEM Motorola one I bought for my wife at least charges.

MOTOROLA OEM MINI USB TO MICRO ADAPTER FOR V8 V9 RAZR2 - eBay (item 180463522735 end time Feb-09-10 19:15:48 PST)

She has a Charge only Mini usb cable that she used to charge her 9000 at work. I bought the adapter and it works with the charge only cable. Although I have tested it, she has not had to use it yet because the Battery life on the 9700 is THAT good.

She is at work now...with the cable in her pocket. She will be home in the morning. I can check sync, but I assume someone will chime in before then.
    02-02-10 04:33 PM
    the limitation is that they didn't connect all 5 pins - most likely just the +5V and ground for charging. cost-cutting.
    02-02-10 04:35 PM
    I have the same one mentioned above, the Motorola adapter. got 2 of them for 1.99 each and combined shipping. well worth the investment as for my tour they charge AND sync
    02-02-10 04:43 PM
    I have the same one mentioned above, the Motorola adapter. got 2 of them for 1.99 each and combined shipping. well worth the investment as for my tour they charge AND sync
    i'll take your word for it and buy one (Motorolla SKN6252)

Will post results when it arrives

thanks guys!
    02-02-10 04:54 PM
    Cool, glad it works!

Funny thing, when I went to buy one local instead of ordering one. I checked the local computer shop, all they had was a USB-B to micro USB adapter. Who on earth needs one of those? I'm assuming someone since they make it.
    02-02-10 05:13 PM
    I just ordered 3 non-Motorola adapters yesterday from eBay, and will try and post feedback when I get them...
    02-02-10 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD