My question is on File Free and the effect (if any) that Weatherbug has on it.

I looked for a 3rd-party apps discussion sub-forum and I didn't see one, it might just be that I'm an *****...?

All I know is ever since I installed the free Weatherbug app to my 8900 (OS 4.6) I have noticed my File Free drop noticeably over the course of a day, from 100+ it goes to the low to mid 80s in a matter of hours. I had read somewhere that sort of drop in free space could have something to do with Weatherbug. Does anybody know if this is the case? What can I do about it, short of removing the app?

PS: I've seen BerryWeather, it looks great but I'm not so sure I'm trying to spend ten bucks on that thing.

EDIT: Why did it turn my word into stars?!! It wasn't even a cussword! It was a word that started with "I" and meant "not very smart." (Not "iphone" but that would be a very good guess)
    Last edited by Moon_Juice; 02-02-10 at 09:02 AM. Reason: because i saw stars!
    02-02-10 09:00 AM
    It's possible that weather app is lowering your file free, but i wouldn't worry too much. You still have 80+ left while most of the older BB's (Curve 83xx) are lucky if they have 30+ with ZERO apps installed. You can do a battery pull at the end of the day and you will notice at least a 10+ increase.
    02-02-10 09:05 AM
    It goes up to around 105 after a battery pull, and within a few hours is back down to the 80-90 range and continues to drop as the day goes on.

Doesn't File Free also affect device speed and performance, or have I been misinformed?
    Last edited by Moon_Juice; 02-02-10 at 09:58 AM.
    02-02-10 09:55 AM
    I've been using weathereye for awhile and have no memory problems. Now on weathereye beta 2.0 and still no issues. The amount of file free memory should only have an effect on lag when its really low(like 30mb or lower).
    02-02-10 10:08 AM
    Try deleting the app and see if it stabilizes your file free memory. Many alternatives for weather programs that you could possibly try if you find that weatherbug has memory leak issues.
    02-02-10 10:30 AM
    How does Weathereye compare to Weatherbug? Or for that matter, how does it compare to BerryWeather? I have heard good things about BW but I have serious reservations about paying for a weather app, know what I mean.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 10:12 PM
    aaaaaaaaaaa my 8330 has many apps and im pushing 50
    02-03-10 10:20 PM
    How does Weathereye compare to Weatherbug? Or for that matter, how does it compare to BerryWeather? I have heard good things about BW but I have serious reservations about paying for a weather app, know what I mean.

Weathereye shows a picture of the conditions as an icon where weatherbug only shows temp I think. Berryweather is the best paid app and is very customizable. Im just not that crazy about weather to buy BW.
    Last edited by hondateg91; 02-03-10 at 10:25 PM.
    02-03-10 10:23 PM
    i tried them both and liked them both. but liked beweather alittle better, but not sure its 10 dollars better if you have it to throw away go with beweather imo
    02-03-10 10:26 PM
    I'm testing Weathereye at the moment; from what I can see the app seems to be eating up my File Free just like Weatherbug did, only not quite so much or so quickly. Also, and I admit I can't say for sure, it seems to be slowing my device down a little bit, which is something I had read in some of the reviews. BlackBerry App World has BeWeather Free, which supposedly is a "lite" version of the paid app BerryWeather. I'm thinking I should try that one next, because what I'm looking for the most out of an installed weather app is accurate and up to date home screen weather info for my current location, plus of course the local forecast. The bells and whistles these apps feature are certainly nice, but I've been perfectly content to log on to the Web and retrieve the in-depth stuff the old-fashioned way. I haven't had good experiences with free versions of paid apps in the past, but I'd be willing to give this one a try. The only problem is if it doesn't work out I'll be 3-for-3 in the fail column and running out of options.

Last edited by Moon_Juice; 02-04-10 at 01:27 AM.
    02-04-10 01:24 AM
    EDIT: Why did it turn my word into stars?!! It wasn't even a cussword! It was a word that started with "I" and meant "not very smart." (Not "iphone" but that would be a very good guess)
    Since most have answered your weather question the reason it turned your words into stars is because you called yourself the equivalent of "not to smart" as you mentioned ,doesnt have to always be a cuss word
    02-04-10 08:14 AM
    BeWeather Free seems to be *a little* bit of an improvement speed-wise and memory-wise but as far as functionality goes it seems to be little more than a 700kb homescreen icon.

02-04-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD