I have been experiencing a lot of garbled type of audio and static on my voice calls for the last 10 days. I have had the phone since October 31 and this is the first time I am experiencing such issues. I have to dial 2-3 time to get a clear connection. For your information, I am in an area with full 3G coverage and have had this happen in different states and cities. I know it is not an issue with VZW's network as my other 4 lines work flawlessly.
    I did pull out the battery but it did not help. Do you all have any suggestions to what I might try next. I really don't want to return the phone and get a refurbished one especially since it was working well so far.
    Thanks for your input.
    02-01-10 10:12 PM
    well you didn't say what os you are running you could try one of the new hybrids that are out I am using sean v2 and it has awesome call clarity so far.
    02-01-10 10:55 PM
    Yes I have been getting this also almost like a buzzing crackle over the calls.
    02-01-10 11:53 PM
    It could be environmental interference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 11:55 PM
    I getting this and so are a lot of storm 2 users, it seems to be a problem with the phone regardless of coverage, although i have found it desnt happen that much when im in EDGE coverage areas! It looks to be a problem with the current version, and im praying an eagerly anticipated update comes soon!
    02-02-10 04:56 AM
    If you are on Verizon in Southern California, this is a known issue. The "known issue" was finally listed on the morning of 02-03-10. As I use my phone hundreds of minutes a day, I figured it out quickly on 01-27-10. I called and stayed on the phone for over an hour until I could convince them to enter a trouble ticket on 01-28-10.

THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE PHONE. It is the network before the call hits the phone. I can prove it's not the phone:

1. I forwarded my calls to a landline using *72, and still heard the same type of stuttering and static.
    2. I have voicemail recordings with the same type of stuttering and static.

Call tech support. The more who call, the quicker this issue will get resolved. Come on guys, it has been over a week. If you don't stand up and demand a trouble ticket be entered for you, this will go on forever.
    02-04-10 07:25 PM
    Was there ever a resolve or official explanation for this?? It's July and my storm2 JUST started having this problem. It seems to be occurring more often since it started a month ago. I called verizon and they do not have this listed as a known issue. The only solution they offered was replacement with a refurbished "like-new" phone, which seems to be their solution to everything they can't figure out. I said no thanks. I am running the most recent OS and I did notice it started right after I got it.

Did anyone try changing they're network options?
    07-16-10 02:52 PM
    frannip, do you notice this is just a problem when you and the other person are talking at the same time? If so, this is a problem with OS version 5.0.0.713. A downgrade to 5.0.0.607 should resolve the issue.
    07-16-10 04:13 PM
    People are still asking about this? It's the .713 OS update. The default volume is messed up and is messing with the speaker. If you put the call on speakerphone, you wont't hear it. Hopefully RIM addresses this in the next update.
    07-16-10 08:20 PM
    Might this problem be related to the foreign debris on/in the speaker at the top of the phone? Plenty of info in other threads.
    07-17-10 09:35 AM
    i have the same issues. it sounds like the headset speaker is jacked up. very static sound when talking on the phone. this jus started happening this week. i thought it was maybe my headset speaker going bad from sweat from my ear cuz its over 100 degress here is los angeles but im not the only one wiht this issue. the calls sound perfect when on speakerphone so i dunno if its the headset speaker or not. i am with verizon and the latest official OS
    07-17-10 02:37 PM
    Nope, not due to debris...
    07-26-10 11:05 PM
    So this is happening all over Verizons network, not just here in Southern California?
    07-27-10 03:44 PM
    I just received a S2 as an insurance replacement to to my S1. Brand new out of the box and noticed this issue. I was beginning to think it was the phone itself. I can't duplicate it, it just happens randomly. I don't recall my S1 ever having this problem.
    07-27-10 03:59 PM
    It happened to me over the past day and a half and it did sound like there was a bad connection or the audio was scratchy at best. This evening, the audio seemed like it was back to normal. I'm running the .713
    Last edited by moelepo; 07-28-10 at 01:31 AM. Reason: edited to add os version
    07-28-10 01:26 AM
    I have the issue rampantly on .713. I've had the phone since its initial release date, installed nearly every leaked and official OS on it, and never had the issue before .713.

It's very annoying.
    07-28-10 09:31 PM
    I have the issue rampantly on .713. I've had the phone since its initial release date, installed nearly every leaked and official OS on it, and never had the issue before .713.

It's very annoying.
    Have you tried a Hybrid? They seem to help this issue.
    07-29-10 08:01 AM
    Another flawless S2 official OS?? Lol. Officials are for noobs!
    07-29-10 08:04 AM
    I just installed Lyricidal latest hybrid. The problem did not go away..
    07-30-10 04:54 PM
    i also have been having the problem of the digitalized sound when talking over the other caller. i have read other posts in the sticky for Storm2 problems, i think the page 152 starts addressing this issue. i am waiting on more replies. i have reported this to VZW and we are starting the process of elimination. BP, hard reset, then phone replacement. but from what one reader says the replacement also does this.
    07-31-10 05:07 PM
    I just started having this issue also, I live in Iowa and I've had my Storm2 since 10/31
    08-01-10 09:31 PM
    Have you tried a Hybrid? They seem to help this issue.
    I'm not hearing many people say that any hybrid fixes the issue, but I certainly would consider it.

So, can anyone who had the issue confirm that a hybrid fixed it?

Thanks!
    08-02-10 08:59 AM
    I have tried most of the hybrids and while some people state the hybrid resolved it on their phone, I can confirm that they have done nothing with my phone. I finally downgraded to .607 and sure enough, my phone is working great now.

If you are experiencing this problem, please contact Verizon to report the issue. Hopefully they will issue another upgrade with a resolution if they get enough reports. RIM is also aware of the problem and is looking into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 01:10 PM
    same issue with mine, tried several OS even 428 and multiple hybrids and nothing fixed it. sounded good over BT, so i as able to live with it for a while. finally gave up and got a replacement. There was a post I read that some hybrids can blow the speaker, not sure if this is true or not but since it started happening after 713 and one of the hybrids makes me wonder.
    08-03-10 10:57 AM
    i downgraded back to .607 and it seems to have stopped.
    08-04-10 03:52 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD