What is lowest amount of minutes Verizon offers on a Family Share plan? I have two lines and my wife and I just call each other mostly, and we never use anything close to the 700 minutes I'm paying for. I heard something about 450 minutes. Just looking to save a few bucks anywhere I can.
    02-01-10 06:15 PM
    Pretty sure its 550 but is only $10 less than 700 minutes. Not really worth it even if you don't need it right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 06:38 PM
    I am pretty sure that with their new plans the lowest is 700 minutes.
    02-01-10 08:24 PM
    I'm thinking 700 also but I'm not sure
    02-01-10 09:46 PM
    What is lowest amount of minutes Verizon offers on a Family Share plan? I have two lines and my wife and I just call each other mostly, and we never use anything close to the 700 minutes I'm paying for. I heard something about 450 minutes. Just looking to save a few bucks anywhere I can.
    The 700 plan is the bottom tier of the family share plans as far as I can find on their web-site. Do you both have Blackberries? The unfortunate reality is that the easiest way to cut costs is to consider downgrading to a non-smart phone and cutting the $30/mo/ph BIS feature.

Another idea is to remove the text option, and go with their Family "Talk" only plan, $70 for 2 devices, plus BIS. I don't know if that will save you anything.
    02-02-10 06:32 AM
    I'm on the Nationwide family loyalty plan which is like 550, IIRC. Ask about that.......not sure if they will still allow you to go on it or not.
    02-02-10 07:56 AM
    I think the 550 plan is a grandfathered plan and no longer available.
    02-02-10 09:35 AM
    They have a loyalty plan, however you have to call in and get someone who knows about it. One of my co-workers changed to that a couple months ago. I think that is the 550 plan everyone else is talking about.
    02-02-10 10:05 AM
    They have a loyalty plan, however you have to call in and get someone who knows about it. One of my co-workers changed to that a couple months ago. I think that is the 550 plan everyone else is talking about.
    If it was a couple of months ago, it is no longer available. Verizon has switched all of their plans. Unless you are already grandfathered into an older plan, then the lowest plan minutes is 700 for $69 without text and $99 for the same 700 minute with unlimited testing.

02-02-10 10:44 AM
    Ugh, I thought 700 might be the lowest one. I think we *may* use 100 minutes a month on a heavy month. I use mine mostly for work email, I have the BES provision synced to Exchange. My wife mainly just texts, and she has a dumb phone, the Intensity. Oh well, it was worth a shot.
    02-02-10 03:21 PM
    I would call and ask if you could be put on the 550 plan. They never really advertized it but doesn't hurt to ask. If your on the old tier plans still they might offer it to you

02-02-10 07:07 PM
    Its available through customer service only for existing customers.

02-03-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD