Hello all ---

Upgraded to v.4.5.0.182 on my ATT 8300 Curve --- now when I sync using Desktop Manager v4.2.0.10, I am unable to sync my calendar.

Had the old 2007 OTA Calendar Patch App, however when I reloaded after upgrading the OS, the App manager stated that the Calendar patch was no longer needed with this version...

Any ideas?? Events from my Desktop (Windows XP Pro SP's) do not sync to the BB and vice-versa... Seems to apply to any NEW Calendar events added post update --- because everything that was previously entered (regardless of date -- present / past / future) is still there on both devices...

Any help appreciated!!

Bill
    Firesource
    02-01-10 03:42 PM
    Any help out there???
    02-02-10 03:57 PM
    Maybe make sure default email is correct to calendar !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 09:08 PM
    May be the DM you are using. I stick to 4.6, and haven't had any trouble with a 4.6, 4.6 or 5.0 OS and synch.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 09:17 PM
    Well, 2 days later and still no resolution...

I reverted back from DM 4.6 to 4.2 just to see if this would have any effect, and low and behold --- no changes.

Again, I have an ATT 8300 Curve, running 4.5.0.182 OS and BB DM 4.2 (and 4.6) on a Windows XP machine w/SP2.

We do not have an exchange servere or BES... I'm trying to Sync my device (which has worked flawlessly for 2 1/2 years...) and the CALENDAR will not sync.

After the Sync process, the RIM.log file shows NO EVIDENCE of an attempt to Sync the calendar. The Tasks, Notes and Contact Sync just fine...

I have uninstalled and re-installed DM 3 times now... no change.

I have cleared out the Intellisync folder and rebuilt it... no change.

Any ideas??

Please advise.
    02-04-10 02:23 PM
    FYI, here's a recap of the fix...

On the device

Options >>Default Services >> confirm Messaging (CMIME) is set to your default email account
    Options >> Service Books >> Delete all CICAL service books

In Desktop Manager

Reconnect and then Sync --- The Calendar service books reset / rebuild --- will be the FIRST components to sync (can verify in the Rim.log files)

I have run a quick test and entries made on the BB Calendar can be synched back to Outlook and vice-versa.

Hope this proves helpful to others!
    02-04-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD