I need to get a re[lacement for my Tour as the earphone jack is broken.
    Supposedly under BestBuys warranty all replacements are new stock.
    Will all Tours ship with OS5 from now on?
    02-01-10 10:44 AM
    doubtful, since verizon has not officially released any 5.0 OS. The only official release has been from MTS. Verizon is probably going to release their new OS right before or right after the Tour 2 comes out.
    02-01-10 10:48 AM
    I highly doubt they will send any vzw tours with 5.0. You could get someones old phone that they forgot to downgrade though.
    02-01-10 10:56 AM
    I highly doubt they will send any vzw tours with 5.0. You could get someones old phone that they forgot to downgrade though.
    I seriously think that would never happen. I believe its standard procedure that all refurbs are wiped and the latest official os is installed back on them.
    02-01-10 11:03 AM
    No chance. My refurb came w/ .40 and this was about a month ago! That should answer your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 12:00 PM
    Not so fast - I remember a thread a while back where a few people were saying they got refurbs with .61 when their carriers had only released .57. At the time .61 was only official for a few obscure carriers, so rim essentially directly bypassed some of the big 4. if rim is still doing that is another story.

02-01-10 12:36 PM
    There's a chance it may be .61 or whatever the newest "official" 4.7 release is, but I seriously doubt they'd send out a phone with 5.0...
    02-01-10 12:54 PM
    I'm sure if somebody gets a refurb with 5.0 on sprint, verizon, etc they will make some noise.
    02-02-10 04:57 AM
    Agree with the above. Verizon hasn't officially released 5.0 so the chances of you getting one with 5.0 is about the same as seeing a chupacabra.

02-02-10 05:25 AM
    Agree with the above. Verizon hasn't officially released 5.0 so the chances of you getting one with 5.0 is about the same as seeing a chupacabra.
    ... but slightly better than seeing a Bigfoot or a UFO.
    02-02-10 09:57 AM
    I need to get a re[lacement for my Tour as the earphone jack is broken.
    Supposedly under BestBuys warranty all replacements are new stock.
    Will all Tours ship with OS5 from now on?
    Why is everyone so concerned with this stuff and having an OS be official? It doesn't make sense to me because you can just install it anyway and it is fine.
    02-02-10 10:33 AM
    Why is everyone so concerned with this stuff and having an OS be official? It doesn't make sense to me because you can just install it anyway and it is fine.
    very true.
    02-02-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD