There are so many, 'OMG, I totally hate my Storm, it's lame, nah nah nah' threads I thought I would be interesting to post a positive Storm thread.

A little background; I can have, and in fact do have, all current BlackBerrys at my disposal, even some that I cannot discuss, yet I cannot bring myself to make the jump.

My BB history has gone like this:

- 8120 in red

I skipped the flips that came into the house...not to my taste and didn't want any of the new Curve generations as they were 2.5G only, skipped the Storm 2 for reasons I cannot discuss, but here I am, stuck on the Storm.

But wait, I'm NOT dissatisfied. In fact I really enjoy it as a device. I've actually sunk money into apps that I use every day. I use the device for work, it's hooked up to my Corporate BES, and lesuire. I have movies, games, music, OS5.0 and I cannot for the life of me move off to, for example, the 9700. The 9700 is a wonderful unit, but I love the speed of flick scrolling, the direct approach of pointing at what I want, the speed at which I can now type on the old one button Surepress, which appears to me at least to be quicker than I can muster on the smallish 9700 keyboard (I loved the 9K KB, just that bit bigger).

Sure the device has it's flaws, but then there is pretty much not one device, by ANY manufacturer, that doesn't.

<--- Loves his Storm 1.
    nick13b likes this.
    02-01-10 10:37 AM
    + a big one!
    nick13b likes this.
    02-01-10 12:41 PM
    Love mine too.
    nick13b likes this.
    02-01-10 05:27 PM
    Me too. Its great phone and very reliable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    nick13b likes this.
    02-01-10 05:44 PM
    Your not alone. My wife and I each have a Storm1 and they're great. I use mine for much more than talking on the phone. I even bought a car kit so I can stream Moodio and Slacker thru my FM radio in my truck.
    nick13b likes this.
    02-01-10 08:58 PM
    Love my Storm. Finally got the Apps i want and the Phone runs like a charm. My only thing about the Storm 2 is the screen resolution is much better than the original. If Verizon doesn't get the 4G iphone my wife and I will be getting the Storm 2 at the end of the year.

George
    nick13b likes this.
    02-01-10 09:43 PM
    then back to the 9630
    then back to the 9530
    then tried out an HTC Ozone
    then back to the 9530.

I cannot give it up now. Sold the 9630. Will be selling the Ozone. I like the Storm a lot more than I thought I would. I have apps for it, and I am getting used to the touch screen more and more.

I can understand how people get hooked to the huge screen. It's addicting.
    nick13b likes this.
    02-01-10 10:19 PM
    I had the storm 1 for almost a year..then got the special upgrade rate from verizon for the storm 2...wow what a phone....then I cracked the screen on my s2 and have insurance...just gotta wait till I get paid..but my buddy let me borrow his old s1 to use...and I have tp day this that the s2 is a better device its what the s1 should have been originally...but not bashing the s1. Still a kick *** device, it made me now and forever a crackberry addict...

02-02-10 10:43 AM
    +1 love for my Storm 9530...still on my first model since launch! (**knocks on wood**)

nick13b likes this.
    02-02-10 09:00 PM
    Got my Storm last March. Still loving it.

JPD217

02-06-10 08:23 AM
    I love mine also. I got it the day it was launched and yes I had many problems with it, but over time It got better and better. It is now working flawlessly as I'm using it as a door stop!

Worst "smartphone" EVER!!
    02-06-10 08:30 AM
    I took a chance and bought a Storm off Ebay. Loved my 8900, but wanted the bigger screen/touch screen.

I have never been sorry! I've had so much fun learning the ins and outs of this phone and learning how to make it better.

I think the ones who post all the hate mail are the ones who never take the time to learn about upgrading, etc. I'm on this site daily and have learned how to fix any bugs that show up from time to time in the phone.

My dream is that Tmo will start carrying the storm so I can get the Storm3 when it's time to upgrade.
    02-06-10 12:18 PM
    Got my S1 last April and haven't once thought about ditching it. I have apps I like and use this for much more than a phone. I may go after the S2 or latest available once NE2 comes around. This is my first BB and I'm so addicted.....

nick13b likes this.
    02-12-10 10:18 PM
    +1 here.

X 1000.

I love mine. Not eligible to storm II until April 11 of 2011.

G*dda*nit.

02-14-10 12:51 PM
    I adore my 9550. Incredible device.

02-14-10 11:32 PM
    +1 here also. It's gets better with every passing OS.....
    02-18-10 04:26 PM
    Only negative is not enough free memory other than that i love my storm uno
    02-18-10 09:07 PM
    I've had my Storm for 7 months now. I love it. I have been tempted to upgrade, but it's just too much money.
    02-18-10 09:10 PM
    I have only owned my BB storm for a few weeks but I love it so far. No issues with the hardware or major memory leaks thus far and it does everything I need.

02-18-10 09:52 PM
    [QUOTE=DivideBYZero;4596644]in fact do have, all current BlackBerrys at my disposal, even some that I cannot discuss, yet I cannot bring myself to make the jump.
    QUOTE]

Why can't you discuss certain blackberry's
    02-18-10 10:33 PM
    I still have my first release date storm1. I love it. I didn't understand all the negative remarks. I never really had any issues. I'm gonna upgrade to the storm 2 in a few months when I'm eligible just cuz I don't wanna part with my storm touchscreen

02-19-10 02:31 AM
    Didn't really have any issues with my Storm and loved it. I just wanted the Storm 2 for the memory and wifi. Still have my Storm as a back up though...
    02-19-10 11:57 AM
    Can't get ten feet away from mine!
    02-19-10 01:35 PM
    I like mine...my first blackberry.... just past one year with it. I know more about Blackberries now than most of the other people I know with blackberries....I help them out and Hate that stupid ball and keyboard on theirs......so much easier to use a storm IMO.

I will probably get Storm 3 if Verizon has it out when I upgrade.

Me and my wife have BBM too much ingrained in our communication habits to leave Blackberry now,
    02-19-10 04:31 PM
    still love mine.

I still like the attention it gets me in public as well. It has had such an impact on some of my otherwise mundane daily chores (like online banking, file transfers, listening to free music in my truck instead of XM radio, etc) that I will always have one. Can't wait to upgrade.

02-23-10 10:27 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD