i'm an upgraded 9530 user with a new 9550... My phone is on BES and BIS and run only a few apps like weatherbug, facebook, poynt and slacker radio. Everything works well and I love the storm2 however I do have 2 issues I cannot resolve:

1. SMS txts grouping under one contact.
    2. Contact with specific rings rarely work.

I upgraded to the unofficial OS because the official OS that came with phone wouldn't create a desktop icon for BES and wouldnt let me separate it. Installing .428 resolved that issue. Seems incredibly strange that RIM would release an OS with such apparent bugs which are necessary for business which is what they're touted for, cant blame Verizon for that!

Now I have issues with contacts not being recognized (they're numbers are in my contact but their names dont show when they call. As well as specific assigned ring tones not working just going to default ring tone

Is anyone experiencing this? Is there a fix or just wait till next release??
    02-01-10 10:21 AM
    I am experiencing the sms being grouped together. Did you over come this? How?

Thanks for any help!
    03-15-10 07:20 AM
    I was on BIS with .428, and did not experience this problem at all. When I connected my phone to my work through BES, I started having this exact problem. For this reason as well as several others, I had to completely wipe my phone, and I have since stayed on BIS, and have not experienced the problem anymore.

Not really a solution as I understand BES is probably necessary, but just some more info I noticed.
    03-15-10 11:52 AM
    im having the 1st issue and its really annoying me, im thinking of going back to 4.6
    03-15-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD