Hi All,

I have been a treo fan for many years. But having my fifth treo go to endless hotsync AGAIN, I took great pleasure in tossing it deeply into the Mississippi river and bought a 8130 Curve. Getting the hang of it and am sure I will love it. Treos are wonderful when they work and stroke inducing when they don't.
    Happy to join you all!
    06-07-08 04:39 PM
    Welcome! You will definately enjoy the BB Curve 8310
    06-07-08 04:59 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    06-07-08 05:02 PM
    Just to make sure your in the right section, did you get the 8130 or the curve? The 8130 is the pearl 2 and the curve is a separate entity
    06-07-08 05:10 PM
    Welcome to the addiction!! I hope no fish were harmed in the tossing your phone into the river.....
    06-07-08 05:11 PM
    Welcome To The Forums!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 05:45 PM
    Congrats on tossing that brick to the bottom of the mississippi. I am sure that sucker sank faster than anything.

Just coming from a 700P a couple weeks ago, I can tell you that BB is different, but when you get use to it you won't look back

Welcome to. CB and the addiction.

06-07-08 05:50 PM
    Good job! Was it a toss or a full on 90mph fast ball type throw? Lol

06-07-08 05:53 PM
    Hi All,

I have been a treo fan for many years. But having my fifth treo go to endless hotsync AGAIN, I took great pleasure in tossing it deeply into the Mississippi river and bought a 8130 Curve. Getting the hang of it and am sure I will love it. Treos are wonderful when they work and stroke inducing when they don't.
    Happy to join you all!
    For the longest time I was holding on to my Treo 700w trying to figure out what I can do with it that would be challenging and cool. I couldn't really come up with anything so it was just collecting dust in my office until I ran across secondrotation.com. I was able to send in my Treo 700w and get $45 for it. Not a bad deal...

Just thought I would share the info so people aren't throwing $45 items in the rivers...unless you're filthy rich and $45 is pocket change.
    06-07-08 07:01 PM
    I wish I was smart enough to get rid of my treo 650 sooner than I did. I ditched it for a 8703e and now have a pearl. I'll always have a BlackBerry� from now on.

06-07-08 07:06 PM
    I wish I was smart enough to get rid of my treo 650 sooner than I did. I switched to a BlackBerry� 8703e and now I have a pearl. Its BlackBerry� from now on for me.

06-07-08 07:09 PM
    I couldn't really come up with anything so it was just collecting dust in my office until I ran across secondrotation.com. I was able to send in my Treo 700w and get $45 for it. Not a bad deal
    RIM also gives you money toward buying a BB. I was logged into the Blackberry cafe or whatever it is called and noticed the link. Figured i would see what my 700P would have been worth, and they would have gave me $80 toward buying a BB. Already had my BB when I seen the link.
    06-07-08 07:19 PM
    Yes its a Curve 8310 according to the box. The money would have been nice but the satisfaction of seeing that thing sinking was priceless.

One thing I do miss, however, is treo's ability to seperate chat logs. I do a lot of texting. Is there anyway to do this with the BB?
    06-08-08 07:23 AM
    Yes its a Curve 8310 according to the box. The money would have been nice but the satisfaction of seeing that thing sinking was priceless.

One thing I do miss, however, is treo's ability to seperate chat logs. I do a lot of texting. Is there anyway to do this with the BB?
    i hear you on the texting deal....i had a treo 650 and i liked how you could separate all the chats and you could continue a chat....i have had my curve for about 2 days now and i am not sure i like the texting portion of it....i was bought on the idea that it said its a textathon device...but seeing how it seems all bunchy i dont like it...i would like for smiles to be a option and the chat logs to be separated...if theres any way of doing this please pm me or let us know
    07-21-08 02:34 PM
    Hi All,

Happy to join you all!
    I completely agree with you about the Treo, got rid of mine in May for a Curve. Welcome to BB and CB.
    07-21-08 02:36 PM
    For some reaason I wanted to start singing a childhood song

And if that treo in the river don't float

Daddys gonna buy you a blackberry pearl

And if that pearl has a memory leak

Daddy gonna buy you curve to keep

Hahahaha.
    Sorry I've been in the heat all day.

07-21-08 02:49 PM
    I completely agree with you about the Treo, got rid of mine in May for a Curve. Welcome to BB and CB.
    i still have the treo 650 and it sits there and i am thinking why cant you and curve mate and become the perfect cell....
    07-21-08 09:45 PM
    hey i went to that secondrotation site and told them i have 9 cell phones i am not using but i have not heard back from them yet after i sent them the list..how long does it take for them to get back to you?
    07-22-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD