anyone have this problem?

- i set a custom ringtone for SMS for a contact (ie BBPro_Sanguine)
    - all other options (vol, LED, vib, etc) are set to "Active Profile"
    - hit "try it" and you get nothing.
    - if that person actually sends an SMS, either you dont get a ringtone, or it does the default Lightspeed tone.

also, if you set any of the other options (vol,LED,vib), the ring tone works:

but if you do custom ringtone for voice calls, everything work as it should.

started happening after i upgraded to the 428 leak. hasnt gone away since all the hybrids if installed.
    Last edited by brillantesdv; 02-01-10 at 01:51 AM.
    02-01-10 12:45 AM
    I am having the same problem.
    02-01-10 10:21 AM
    I have the same problems including calls....
    02-01-10 01:24 PM
    anyone have an idea why it happens? i confirmed the ringtones are actually there on the phone too btw.
    02-01-10 07:45 PM
    i have custom sms tones set for ppl and everything is changed to active profile. i change the volume ONLY and when i put the phone on vibrate i still get the sms tone. why is that
    02-01-10 10:03 PM
    Had the problem on my storm 1s..STILL having the same problem on strom 2s, no one knows whats up. All I get is the default BB for SMS, MMS and sometimes email. So very unacceptable, so many problemos! Would love to get this one solved!!
    02-01-10 10:19 PM
    i have custom sms tones set for ppl and everything is changed to active profile. i change the volume ONLY and when i put the phone on vibrate i still get the sms tone. why is that
    When you change the volume to a set volume instead of active profile it doesn't matter what profile you have your phone on it's going to default to the volume you set your custom sms tone to. It will ignore your profile.

But if you leave everything as active profile for some of us it's still not using the custom tones. I'm only getting the default tones.
    02-02-10 10:58 AM
    What's the point of choosing when the sound plays? I'm not saying your wrong or making it up but that's stupid. There's gotta be a way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 11:18 AM
    The point I believe is if you want to have a custom tone play regardless of what you have your profile set as then you would set your volume to an actual number. So if you always want to hear the tone for your bf/gf regardless of your profile you would actually set the volume (in which case it wouldn't vibrate if you have your profile set to vibrate) but if you want to hear the custom tone according to profile you would put active profile as the choice.

If that function worked in sms/mms then you wouldn't have a problem because you would hear the custom tone when your profile is set to anything that produces a sound and it would vibrate when you have your profile set to vibrate but currently it's always defaulting to your default tone when on active profile.
    02-02-10 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD